Strike April 3rd

I don't believe much of it--but I have been seeing talk about it on the internet too.The dates are different.It might be like it was in the late 70s --if so I will watching TV instead of getting shot at.:hide:

One hour ? Ive been on strike for six weeks already ! just so you guys can continue to haul freight :beerchug: dont worry I'm still a fan :smilie_132:

Strike

It was out on route 66 somewhere out near psstburg - some owner operator wanted to make a statement - he invited anywhere up to 60 rigs to come park on is property today to make a satement. Curious to see what kind of turn out he got...apprently he's a memebr of an Owner Operator Independent Drivers ASsociation...they have a website adn thats where I saw it.:1036316054:

Company strike date is April 31st,2008....

That's a great idea! Go ask redstar how well it worked. Oh yeah, they're out of business now. a one day loss of revenue would probably cripple us at this point, in addition to customer loss.

If you don't like the working conditions here that much, go check out Fed Ex freight or UPS freight for a day. Grab your two-wheeler.

That's a great idea! Go ask redstar how well it worked. Oh yeah, they're out of business now. a one day loss of revenue would probably cripple us at this point, in addition to customer loss.

If you don't like the working conditions here that much, go check out Fed Ex freight or UPS freight for a day. Grab your two-wheeler.

There is no April 31st......:funky:

Heard it's the 6-8th, and all my boys are doing it..... UNION or not. We need to ban together as a team.

Is this voluntary at your shop or is manditory?
are you compensating your drivers for their loss wages?
I have a family to feed and bills to pay and a child who requires medication daily. If your pockets are that deep open them up a little wider!

If you guys have the mystery freight that is actually paying your FS please do share. I am looking at the big picture. People take you guys for granted, hell more than half the population has never seen the inside of a truck, the general public has no idea that it's your home in there. my customers are aware of a possible strike and because I have been honest with them I will not loose their business. The brokers are getting the fs from the customers and saying that they got 1.40 pm for the load and are pretending to add a .56 cent fs while pocketing even more than they used to.
All the drivers I talk with, especially those stuck on the West coast right now are loosing money, loosing their trucks and some even their homes. Most guys are sitting for days waiting for "that good paying load" anyway, so why not show people how valuable you are and stop deliveries, stop the railroads, etc.
And no I do not have deep pockets, but at least I'm not sitting around whining like a lot of you, I am trying to do something about it. I have children and bills like the rest of you, and I took on a second job to back my man and his boys. And again if you are making your truck payments and paying the mortgage on your home with so much ease please share with the rest of the drivers where you are getting this 4.00 a mile freight because I am sure they would love to know your secret. Oh yea, and if calling me an idiot is the best you can come up with I am sorry for you.

Compnay drivers vs. OO

I could see an OO doing it if all he gets are brokered loads...but I'm not sure why this is being discussed on a Jevic board. Company drivers make good $$$ here and I hear they treat the few independents fairly. Take your "strike talk" to the Owner Operators Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA.com) if you want to find an audience to organize. you;; find plenty of independents there. All this would do here is hurt our company. And in this economy - I aint protesting a fuel surcharge that I don't have to worry about. :butt kiss:

What exactly are you striking against?

Fuel prices, working conditions, road safety, benefits, regulation?????

No where in this thread do I see a clear reason. I am not saying that there should or should not be a strike, but the mesage needs to be clear. Additionally, no strike will be effective if without IBT support.

If you'r going to strike, do it like the French, park on the highways and bring everything to a halt.