SAIA | Stuck in.....

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Friday nights Central Dispatch is supposed to send drivers home. Well, this one didn't get sent home and ran outta hours on the 70 hour meter. Funny how the hub couldn't find one of their own drivers to cover a regular schedule and used a out of town system driver to do their dirty work. Something ill usually awaits me every time I come here.

So in addition to missing the spouse's birthday (anticipated) now Mother's day is trashed as well. Lazy and stupid is what I call them.

Brother Trucker said:
Friday nights Central Dispatch is supposed to send drivers home. Well, this one didn't get sent home and ran outta hours on the 70 hour meter. Funny how the hub couldn't find one of their own drivers to cover a regular schedule and used a out of town system driver to do their dirty work. Something ill usually awaits me every time I come here.

So in addition to missing the spouse's birthday (anticipated) now Mother's day is trashed as well. Lazy and stupid is what I call them.

Sorry to hear that ....

i dont think theres any such thing as a bid run in cetrals eyes heck ive got a measly little 430 mile shuttle turn and 2 some times3 times a week it turns into a 580 or 600 mile night with 3 or 4 drop and hooks i give up i just pack a bag and hope i come back home

that happened to one of my buddies awhile back. he didn't come back in till tuesday and they wanted to argue about that. of course in his situation, he didn't run out of the 70 hour clock. sorry to hear that man.

I looked at my log to see if I could recover enough hours to make it back without the 34 hour restart, but it wasn't meant to be. There has to be a way to work around this, just haven't seen it yet.

In over 30 years of trucking I've missed many birthdays,holidays amd special occasions.You can't beat the money for what most of have for an education. Trucking is not just a job it is a way of life.I run a 530 mile meet and turn on Monday thru Friday and am almost alway on my schedule. Every Monday when I leave home I am prepared to stay out for 5 or more days. I may not like it but this is what I choose to do many years ago and I deal with it. It' just the way trucking is .

I get it that there are times that we are called upon to make sacrifices, but why on earth couldn't Central Dispatch find a local domiciled driver to take their regular schedule/ All that came out of it was was two additional two days of motel bills. I didn't get anything out of it. No we are not eligible for long layover pay under these circumstances. To top it off, the central dispatcher did her best to make feel like a peice of garbage for even bringing up the matter.

it is my understanding that you give them the usual 14.5, then you get paid 8 hours, repeat as needed. that really really sucks man.

Demo, I'm trying to get a clarification on whether or not a forced 34 reset on the road is eligible for the long layover pay. Most likely not, but if by chance it is allowed, I will let be known on this forum. One might suspect that given ACO and their propensity for "cost cutting" that will not be allowed.

Long lawover pay is for when we run out of frieght somewhere or or are stuck somewhere because of a breakdown ,not for when we are stuck because we ran out of hours. BT ,I can only guess who the dispatcher was and at times we have all had to deal with her. There was no need for her to be like that to you but we all have to put up with her. As far as the terminal using a domiciled driver maybe they really didn't have one available. We all feel your pain and you and your family got a raw deal but we've all been there .That's just the way trucking is.

Air ride, I would not even brought this issue before this forum had I either volunteered to stay over or had I been sent home. The point is the involuntary layover is what is irritating. If we were a truckload carrier, it would be expected to stay out long periods of time. Yes, I have been hung out for a week at a time and did not expect to return to home base until the end of the week. If all that is ever heard from management is: that's trucking-live with it, why then, should they expect loyalty and our best effort? After all, it's just a paycheck, right?