XPO | Sub Service

[quote author=thestrap link=topic=78735.msg820811#msg820811 date=1270940395]
Very well put Rat. Let some other company pay for CWTL's wages & bennies and to replace their equipment. Now if we could just stop paying other companies all together and haul our own freight!
[/quote]Their approach to purchase has always been to reduce the number of empty miles. They should change their thinking and have sales go after filling those empty miles.

A few years ago I was at a reship, The RM told the reship at a meeting that we generate @ $1.00 per pound in profit per TL trailer.

About the sub-service. My opinion only but if I shipped freight with ConWay Freight, I would expect to see my freight on a ConWay truck. If I knew that my freight was on a second rate truck after I paid for the Conway Premium service, I would just be a little upset. :rant: I am just saying. :poke:

The company's carefully worded promise is that the freight will be picked up and delivered by a uniformed Con-Way Freight driver.

How about those shipments on Forward Air? Those shippers are paying air freight rates, and think their freight is on an airplane.