XPO | Subpar Customer Service

drivin4truthnow

TB Lurker
Credits

Here is a perfect example of subcontracting local city deliveries. Notice how this individual has no clue on how to safely place the pallet on the lift gate (poor training ….if any). Then the customer receiving states a HUGE integrity issue, “simply did nothing about the drop and left”. Notified no one. When will the folks in charge understand customer satisfaction? Hopefully before it’s to late and there are no more.

Here is a perfect example of subcontracting local city deliveries. Notice how this individual has no clue on how to safely place the pallet on the lift gate (poor training ….if any). Then the customer receiving states a HUGE integrity issue, “simply did nothing about the drop and left”. Notified no one. When will the folks in charge understand customer satisfaction? Hopefully before it’s to late and there are no more.
We used 20+ trucks a day of cartage at our terminal most the time the freight bills are never returned to our terminal so we do not know what has been delivered or not. Customer satisfaction is extremely low. Now I know why XPO last mile get such bad reviews it’s the same drivers that are showing up at our place.

Common sense is a thing of the past but maybe Larry, Moe & Curly will contract with XPO next. :438:
The did a 2 day stint at our place…. Then quit . Management out did them in their own shenanigans. Larry felt that him and his to buddies were being made to look to good by the FOS’s

Last edited:
One of my favorite things about being a dockworker is dock pickups, because I get to interact with the customers myself. Now I have had tons of customer service experience in retail and as a newspaper district circulation manager. Generally when customers leave my dock, they seem happy. If their freight is damaged, it's most often because it arrived that way. We don't have a loading ramp where we can drive down into the yard and load like we did when I was at Lowe's, so we use long-forks, put the pallet on the end and tilt down to the maximum. If it's a small pickup truck, we rig a sling with straps under the pallet and over the forks and lower it in. We're pretty damn good at it, too; once we can locate the item (and this morning, it was buried behind a couple of tons of inbound/local delivery freight), the customer is on his or her way in less than five minutes. It is a little scary to get that close to the dock plate, not wanting to have a dock separation even into a truck bed, but you get used to it. And I always, always, ALWAYS thank my customers!

Sometimes the local delivery services contract outside people on a Friday to ram packages of freight to the customer (That's me...)

Sometimes its a total loss. Banking gets to clawback the money. Its not going to get any better.

They didn’t pay for the most integrity. They paid for the cheapest service available. Congrats. They got it. You get what you pay for.

Uh Oh ! Censored video because someone's feelings were hurt. The fact remains.....clowns like the these subcontractors delivering XPO freight are eroding an already low customer service expectation.

(search this title on YouTube)

Just got my 160 gallon fish tank delivered by XPO Logistics. See what happened.​

Last edited:
We used 20+ trucks a day of cartage at our terminal most the time the freight bills are never returned to our terminal so we do not know what has been delivered or not. Customer satisfaction is extremely low. Now I know why XPO last mile get such bad reviews it’s the same drivers that are showing up at our place.
Same here. We recently fired the last mile people because they were brining back 30 to 40 percent of their deliveries, never handing in DR's, rarely got signatures, rarely signed the bill themselves, left freight in weird places, delivered one to the wrong town (80 miles wrong), and was rude and aggressive to a teenaged girl at a stop. Also for being a total moron in a more general sense. Lost his contract with last mile as well.

One of my favorite things about being a dockworker is dock pickups, because I get to interact with the customers myself. Now I have had tons of customer service experience in retail and as a newspaper district circulation manager. Generally when customers leave my dock, they seem happy. If their freight is damaged, it's most often because it arrived that way. We don't have a loading ramp where we can drive down into the yard and load like we did when I was at Lowe's, so we use long-forks, put the pallet on the end and tilt down to the maximum. If it's a small pickup truck, we rig a sling with straps under the pallet and over the forks and lower it in. We're pretty damn good at it, too; once we can locate the item (and this morning, it was buried behind a couple of tons of inbound/local delivery freight), the customer is on his or her way in less than five minutes. It is a little scary to get that close to the dock plate, not wanting to have a dock separation even into a truck bed, but you get used to it. And I always, always, ALWAYS thank my customers!
A guy on dock pickup had an expensive patio umbrella in a box that looked like it went through hell, and some of the stitching was undone in the top. He mentioned possibly hiring a seamstress to fix it, but he left it at the dock in order to contact the shipper about the damage. I explained to him that it arrived that way, and he seemed very understanding. The other day, he came back and picked up the umbrella and hardware, and not only that, but he also brought us a big bag of fresh bagels and a box of cherry turnovers from Bruegger's Bagels. It pays, literally, to provide good customer service!

Funny how this guy has the comments turn off on this video

Well xpo wants you to be done with a stop in 10 min or less so who's got time for the consignee to inspect it or the time to get an exception number and take pics.
It takes Sucker666 10 mins just to get out of the truck and walk to the back of the trailer:hilarious: