FedEx Freight | Swift buys AAA Cooper

Swift is the joke of the industry, but they're the largest with deepest pockets and they're getting bigger. They have their hand in everything from every shipping company to every distribution center.

Swift is the joke of the industry, but they're the largest with deepest pockets and they're getting bigger. They have their hand in everything from every shipping company to every distribution center.
With a 90 percent yearly turnover rate, paying entry level drivers low wages, they will have deep pockets. I really believe many large truckload carriers find it more profitable to have high driver turnover rates, and pocket more than paying better wages. I have talked to guys who have had 4 jobs in 4 years, changing carriers for literally a few cents per mile, but don’t realize they are paying it out in higher benefit costs, or losing it somewhere else like giving 2 free hours before detention pay starts.

The pay gets better with more time put in. I have a friend that works for swift and a friend that works for knight (owned by swift) and they both make over 80 a year and they've been at those companies for 5+ years. People focus on CPM, but don't look at things like bonuses and per diem. CPM is a small part of the figure when looking at OTR.

The pay gets better with more time put in. I have a friend that works for swift and a friend that works for knight (owned by swift) and they both make over 80 a year and they've been at those companies for 5+ years. People focus on CPM, but don't look at things like bonuses and per diem. CPM is a small part of the figure when looking at OTR.
Oh boy! 80k a year living in a truck!

But compare your paycheck, benefits, work hours, waiting to load or unload with no compensation, HOS resets,and home time to his? 70 hours in 5-6 days, and 3,000 plus miles in that time gets rough. Should be making 6 figures.

But compare your paycheck, benefits, work hours, waiting to load or unload with no compensation, HOS resets,and home time to his? 70 hours in 5-6 days, and 3,000 plus miles in that time gets rough. Should be making 6 figures.

I agree. If I were single I'd go OTR. Other than that, I don't see the appeal of the job.

Swift didn't by Knight, they merged. Swift let go their CEO and he was hired by Knight. He turned knight around and they took the lead in the merger with Swift( Ironic that Swift didn't think he was that good). He took over as Ceo of both companies. Its called Knight-swift Corp., he is smart guy. Within a year they will start to expand ACT or buy another carrier to merge in.