ABF | synergy

cropduster

TB Lurker
Credits
I just got done reading an article from an investment site. The stock is going up because they think we are going to accept an inferior contract. Ha-Ha-Ha.
But what really got me was the A-hole boss from YRC (capitalized out of respect for our UNION brothers) saying that the SYNERGY of merging the 2 companies would (paraphasing here) "be like awesome dude'.
Does anyonr know what a synergy is? I think it is some made up word by some big wig D*** weed trying to line his own pocket and screw the employees.
I am sure brother Muler would have an opinion on this.
Let's put our synery together and VOTE what is best for US and not the shareholders.
This is probably the longest time i've heard of a tentative agreement being reached and still not hearing any details of it.

I just got done reading an article from an investment site. The stock is going up because they think we are going to accept an inferior contract. Ha-Ha-Ha.
But what really got me was the A-hole boss from YRC (capitalized out of respect for our UNION brothers) saying that the SYNERGY of merging the 2 companies would (paraphasing here) "be like awesome dude'.
Does anyonr know what a synergy is? I think it is some made up word by some big wig D*** weed trying to line his own pocket and screw the employees.
Let's put our synery together and VOTE what is best for US and not the shareholders.
This is probably the longest time i've heard of a tentative agreement being reached and still not hearing any details of it.
Has it dawned on you yet why we haven't heard a peep?

Bill Zollars used that word alot.... how well did that work for him. I just hope others learn from past mistakes....

Bill Zollars used that word alot.... how well did that work for him. I just hope others learn from past mistakes....

You took the words right out of my mouth GO40! Another thing he used to say a lot is this is going to be a "game changer" for us! Can't disagree with him on that one. I really don't believe this buy out is going to happen because if it was it would have happened already.Look, why go through All the trouble negotiating a contract when you could just sell it off.Remember this little powwow took place before the contract expired so that would have been the time for ABF to make their move.Imo it's a crock of ****

Do not read too much into the time invested into contract talks. yrc had a new contract beginning 4-1-08. Before the year was out the agreement was not worth the paper it was wrote on, we had one round of pay cuts in force with more right around the corner in 09. Also did'nt abf buy carolina right after 94 strike and new contract? Be careful and good luck.

This easily forgotten, so if my memory serves me correct ABF has capitalized 2 different times with a press release announcing they are appealing the lawsuit which were dismissed immediately following positive press for YRCW. Just saying

You took the words right out of my mouth GO40! Another thing he used to say a lot is this is going to be a "game changer" for us! Can't disagree with him on that one. I really don't believe this buy out is going to happen because if it was it would have happened already.Look, why go through All the trouble negotiating a contract when you could just sell it off.Remember this little powwow took place before the contract expired so that would have been the time for ABF to make their move.Imo it's a crock of ****
I haven't seen a contract yet or heard a word about what's in it.

Do not read too much into the time invested into contract talks. yrc had a new contract beginning 4-1-08. Before the year was out the agreement was not worth the paper it was wrote on, we had one round of pay cuts in force with more right around the corner in 09. Also did'nt abf buy carolina right after 94 strike and new contract? Be careful and good luck.
ABF had Carolina in the bag before that contract was done.

am I the only one or does anyone else think Junior needs to use some synergy and tell YRC that they are going with a snapback option since they can afford to buy another company...time for our representative to start representing the members of this great union...
seriously..if YRC can afford to buy themselves into more debt..they surely can afford to pay their employees the agreed contractual wages and benefits...

synergy Mr. Hoffa...lets work together and get this crock of crapola resolved

personally if I was in charge..i would sit down with both company heads and tell them to cut the crap...or we will shut both these companys down until they quit playing games

am I the only one or does anyone else think Junior needs to use some synergy and tell YRC that they are going with a snapback option since they can afford to buy another company...time for our representative to start representing the members of this great union...
seriously..if YRC can afford to buy themselves into more debt..they surely can afford to pay their employees the agreed contractual wages and benefits...

synergy Mr. Hoffa...lets work together and get this crock of crapola resolved

personally if I was in charge..i would sit down with both company heads and tell them to cut the crap...or we will shut both these companys down until they quit playing games
YRC will do what the negotiated contract (and MOUs) and the SEC regulations let them do. No talk at a table now can change that.

YRC will do what the negotiated contract (and MOUs) and the SEC regulations let them do. No talk at a table now can change that.

Exactly! And it will be in no ones best interest, but the billionaire investors....that is sad to say :Violin:

Don't think they learned anything....Labor will take the hit ....people at the top will fill their bank accounts. If i learned one thing from the yellow/roadway merger is....SYNERGY means layoffs.

“Synergy is the creation of a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.“....combining payroll dept......parts dept.....Linehaul operations....etc.....etc......KK

Synergy | Define Synergy at Dictionary.com

Synergy is the interaction of multiple elements in a system to produce an effect different from or greater than the sum of their individual effects. The term synergy comes from the Greek word synergia συνέργια from synergos, συνεργός, meaning "working together".[1]

Like I said....synergy....the feeling you get when it's in you real deep:poster_oops: