Tar Heels’ Marshall breaks bone in right wrist

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—North Carolina point guard Kendall Marshall broke a bone in his right wrist during the second half of Sunday’s win against Creighton in the NCAA tournament.

Marshall was hurt when he drove to the paint and was knocked to the floor by Ethan Wragge with 10:56 left. The left-handed point guard hit one of two free throws, then left the game briefly before returning and playing about 7 more minutes before leaving for good with 1:54 left.

Coach Roy Williams later cleared reporters out of the locker room to inform the team of Marshall’s injury. His status for North Carolina’s game against Ohio on Friday in the round of 16 in St. Louis is unclear. Team spokesman Steve Kirschner said medical staff planned to put Marshall in a cast Sunday night for his comfort.

“All we know right now is it’s a fracture,” Marshall said. “Luckily it’s my right hand. If it was my left hand, then we’d probably have some problems. But we’ll take it day by day and figure it out.”

Dennis Marshall, Kendall’s father, told CBS.com on Sunday night that his son would have surgery Monday morning to insert a screw in the injured wrist..........................

Tar Heels' Marshall breaks bone in right wrist - College Basketball - Rivals.com

Nope.. I just seen the interview with Coach Williams...I honestly thought the guy was going to weep...This is definitely not good for the Heels at all...But, it's like Williams said, someone has to step up...

Since it's Marshall's off hand, there is still a chance that he can play through it. We'll see. Thank God Jon Henson is back. These are the times when having a deep bench can be huge.

he is having a screw inserted today...

It's gonna be super sore if he tries to play

Hopefully, since he managed the pain to play another 7+ minutes after the injury, with a little medication, (shot) he might still have a chance of playing. I'm sure after they get done putting a pin in, he will have some serious soreness. He plays a huge role. If he's unavailable, someone needs to step up.

Hopefully, since he managed the pain to play another 7+ minutes after the injury, with a little medication, (shot) he might still have a chance of playing. I'm sure after they get done putting a pin in, he will have some serious soreness. He plays a huge role. If he's unavailable, someone needs to step up.

We have a front line that can win without him, White can lead the offense and is a good ball handler, all we need is someone to get it up the court and white has blazing speed but he will not provide any offense ..

First and foremost, is the health of Marshall, if there is no chance he will risk getting hurt further he will play... Otherwise Watts and White will have to step up...

The Heels are loaded with weapons, they'll be fine either way. Marshall's replacements just need to manage the game, and let the stars shine. In my opinion, they're one of the few teams that can survive losing someone of his caliber.

They will be ok this weekend.Williams can manipulate the lineup and have Barnes and Bullock handle the ball more.No excuses,if you are wearing "the jersey" you're expected to perform...Period.

They will be ok this weekend.Williams can manipulate the lineup and have Barnes and Bullock handle the ball more.No excuses,if you are wearing "the jersey" you're expected to perform...Period.

Absolutely, we don't rebuild, we RELOAD

Also...

"Harrison Barnes spent basically the entire summer of 2011 expanding his PG skills. He did so at the Chris Paul camp, arguably the top PG camp in the nation."

We may not be in that bad of shape after all

Hate to see Marshall go down but this may bring him back for another year.Speaking from a selfish fans perspective,lol..

Hate to see Marshall go down but this may bring him back for another year.Speaking from a selfish fans perspective,lol..

He would come back either way... His draft stock would not be high as just an assist man in the NBA, they want an assist man that can consistently hit the shots.

So,for all them dumbass Dook fans relishing in his injury,that just assures them of 2 butt whoopings next year,lol..

Time to go buy a Lehigh Shirt
Leigh Mountain Shirt, Lehigh Mountain Hawks T-Shirt, Lehigh Mountain University T-Shirts. Lehigh Tee Shirt

thumb.aspx