Estes | Team bidding

Kings disciple

Ecc. 12:13
Credits
At our bid meeting Sunday our TM gave our teams some bad news. Now if a single line-haul run goes up for bid it has to go all the way thru all single L/H drivers before a team driver can bid on it, thus splitting the team. So a single L/H driver with 5yrs. can out-bid a team driver with 10yrs. on a single run. Boy were our team guys upset at that. :argue:

It does not effect me either way, I held my original run in re-bid and none of our team guys have been here longer than me but, is this fair? Those team guys have been toughing it out on the line in those little sleepers and now they got almost no hope of going single. What do you guys think? :popcorn:

they had that in effect in baltimore before i quit in 2000..the order was single,teams,hub,and then city regardless of senority.

they want it that way so guys don't use the teams just to get something like seniority i guess. kinda keeps guys from hiding in a team truck i guess who the heck knows

It seems like most guys that run team usually do it to get their foot in the door,[had no intention of teaming forever]Is this new policy?Or has this always been policy?

OH,,,OK,, I know this one,policy is what we say it is,unless of course,we change our minds later.Sometimes it seems like we all drive for the same company,just out out of different buildings and different colored trucks....

It seems like most guys that run team usually do it to get their foot in the door,[had no intention of teaming forever]Is this new policy?Or has this always been policy?

The way my TM put it, it is new policy, but it might be that it has always been that way and he just figgered it out hundred years later...I dunno :shrug:

OH,,,OK,, I know this one,policy is what we say it is,unless of course,we change our minds later.Sometimes it seems like we all drive for the same company,just out out of different buildings and different colored trucks....

you know i found out... they all are the same. some have different pet peeves but for the most part. same stuff different colored trucks:1036316054:

I've been here since 2000 and the team bidding has always been that way. They cannot bid until all linehaul drivers have bidded.They don't want teams splitting up. So to sum it up, if you are at a larger terminal you might have an outside shot at getting a bid run.