R&L | teams

T

truckerdude98

used to work for you guys as a team driver and just heard that they cut alot of teams and wondering if it was all of them or just some

i have notice that i dont see many any more just see one here and there:shift:

used to work for you guys as a team driver and just heard that they cut alot of teams and wondering if it was all of them or just some

i have notice that i dont see many any more just see one here and there:shift:
R&L teams are almost a thing of the past truckerdude98. They are being replaced by O/O teams under the recently developed Paramount program. You are more likely to see one of them then an R&L team tractor. No new sleeper trucks are being bought and it seems when the current sleepers reach that 800-900k mark, they are being sold and a team combo is most likely let go somewhere.

:angry2:some of us teams are hanging on.not getting new tractors,being given the leftover spare tractors mostly freightliners,with less miles on them. i figure management feels these will give them enough time to get their paramount teams in place, then the rest of us are history.also abco and spirit are hiring teams at a much reduced pay rate,also our replacements. i guess the company thinks we are too stupid to see whats happening.so much for the r&l family.

Yeah, me and my partner are one of the teams hanging on. We were sopposed to be LAX dedicated. So far it's just been a Joke. We get to Lax and sit there for hours watcing the crst and Spirit and Paramount teams get loaded and get gone. I wish the axe would fall and just 'git er done'! We were told back in feb., that R+L was looking to upgrade the sleeper trucks, but we haven't seen sh%t so far. What I have seen was yesterday when my partner and I were eastbound through New Mexico, there was a CRST tractor wesrbound pulling a set of R+L pups!!

I gotta tell you, I have only been with R+L for 1 year; 4 months of nitetime linehaul and 8 months of teaming. If my team gets cut I will NOTgo back to linehaul. I am an over-the-road driver and that's all I want to do. The economy, be Damned, will still have jobs for men that don't mind OTR driving. Will they pay the same? Most Likely not. Most likely not even close. I will happily climb into my orange or blue or white tractor, or whatever it takes and put the S.O.B. down the freaking road!

Yeah, me and my partner are one of the teams hanging on. We were sopposed to be LAX dedicated. So far it's just been a Joke. We get to Lax and sit there for hours watcing the crst and Spirit and Paramount teams get loaded and get gone. I wish the axe would fall and just 'git er done'! We were told back in feb., that R+L was looking to upgrade the sleeper trucks, but we haven't seen sh%t so far. What I have seen was yesterday when my partner and I were eastbound through New Mexico, there was a CRST tractor wesrbound pulling a set of R+L pups!!

I gotta tell you, I have only been with R+L for 1 year; 4 months of nitetime linehaul and 8 months of teaming. If my team gets cut I will NOTgo back to linehaul. I am an over-the-road driver and that's all I want to do. The economy, be Damned, will still have jobs for men that don't mind OTR driving. Will they pay the same? Most Likely not. Most likely not even close. I will happily climb into my orange or blue or white tractor, or whatever it takes and put the S.O.B. down the freaking road!

yea i was with r&l when they first opened lax and was running teams from phoenix to la all the time and it was a joke then we would get there and sit for hours at a time also i mean 6 or more they also had us stay in albuquerque over the weekend one time and promise a bonus that we never saw any way i was wondering how screwed up its was

thanks for the information:shift:

They are buying used Penske trucks and painting them blue here--ABCO blue. I have heard ABCO drivers saying that they want their pay raised to what we make,but it's not happening. They are not teams,but they are hauling our teams loads. I understand that the Roberts own them and can make more by using them one way,but our teams do need to work. We use to have single sleepers,why not bring them back?