Yellow | Teamsters' Efforts Advance At Con-way, FedEx LTL Units

The TM told him that since the State of Louisiana was a Right-To-Work state, it wasn't required by Teamster contract to sign up if he didn't want to, he would receive all the bennies that a union worker would get. WTH? When did union shop TM's been allowed to do this? He said there were even signs up in the terminal about Right-To-Work Laws. How long has this been going on at union shops guys? I have been out of the Teamsters since '82, but his seems to make very strange bedfellows here, if they are allowed to convince the worker to stay non-union at a union shop. .

Article 3 Section 1b. "...All present employees who are not members of the local Union and who are hired hereafter shall become and remain members of the Local Union as a condition of employment. . . .An employee who has failed to acquire, or thereafter maintain, membership in the Union as herein provided, shall be terminated seventy-two (72) hours after his/her Employer has received written notice from an authorized representative of the Local Union."

Right to work states have been around forever. I would like to hear of an example of an employee in a NMFA Teamster company that was allowed to keep their contractual job after refusing to sing a Union card. I used to work at CF and if there is anybody that would have thought of that trick it would have been them decades ago in one or more of the states down yonder.

I couldn't agree more. And it doesn't matter to me if your a supporter of the SEC or the BIG 10.
'

The S.E.C.? Oh you must mean the farm teams for the Pac 10, Big 12, Big 10, and Big East.

In all seriousness, If the SEC required anything greater than a 2.0 for eligibility like the rest of the conferences then there wouldn't be any SEC teams on the National stage. And having a course in "American Studies" does not count as College level academics. The NCAA should sanction the SEC for allowing that farce to go on as well.

Snark Monkey over and out!

Article 3 Section 1b. "...All present employees who are not members of the local Union and who are hired hereafter shall become and remain members of the Local Union as a condition of employment. . . .An employee who has failed to acquire, or thereafter maintain, membership in the Union as herein provided, shall be terminated seventy-two (72) hours after his/her Employer has received written notice from an authorized representative of the Local Union."

Right to work states have been around forever. I would like to hear of an example of an employee in a NMFA Teamster company that was allowed to keep their contractual job after refusing to sing a Union card. I used to work at CF and if there is anybody that would have thought of that trick it would have been them decades ago in one or more of the states down yonder.

Don't shoot the messenger my friend.. That's what he was told... He and I worked at Red Ball together... Better let the union know that that's being spread around.. I think that is one problem the unions have these days, they pass "small" things off like this as "just talk", and before you know it, you have an epidemic..

The S.E.C.? Oh you must mean the farm teams for the Pac 10, Big 12, Big 10, and Big East.

In all seriousness, If the SEC required anything greater than a 2.0 for eligibility like the rest of the conferences then there wouldn't be any SEC teams on the National stage. And having a course in "American Studies" does not count as College level academics.The NCAA should sanction the SEC for allowing that farce to go on as well.

Snark Monkey over and out!

LOL..You must mean the Farm League for the NFL.. LOL.... With all the "ganging up" on the SEC by the "other conferences" sounds like they want to be among the elite... Nice try Snark, LMAO, but the dander is at a minimum today...

Red Ball was a "white paper" agreement and not under the NMFA. Wouldn't be surprised if you never even seen a contract while you were in the Teamsters. That's the down side of white paper agreements. I was under one when I worked for Eckrich. We were Teamster name only, nothing more.

Red Ball was a "white paper" agreement and not under the NMFA. Wouldn't be surprised if you never even seen a contract while you were in the Teamsters. That's the down side of white paper agreements. I was under one when I worked for Eckrich. We were Teamster name only, nothing more.

Yes it was.. And no we never....

I work for Roadway in Houston in 2000- 2001 as a casual I joined the union for awhile but I was just averaging like 3 days a week and not getting 40 hours so I signed some paperwork and stopped paying dues. I was at CF in 1999- 2000 as a casual and never signed up. I tried to get on fulltime at both places and never could so I was paying no dues until I was fulltime. I let it happen at Roadway for a minute only. They hired some guys off the street and put them on fulltime when I was there for almost a year as a casual that was the last straw.

I work for Roadway in Houston in 2000- 2001 as a casual I joined the union for awhile but I was just averaging like 3 days a week and not getting 40 hours so I signed some paperwork and stopped paying dues. I was at CF in 1999- 2000 as a casual and never signed up. I tried to get on fulltime at both places and never could so I was paying no dues until I was fulltime. I let it happen at Roadway for a minute only. They hired some guys off the street and put them on fulltime when I was there for almost a year as a casual that was the last straw.

Do you think the reason was because you would not pay dues? In the Northern Conference everybody pays dues or you don't work, that way there are no playing favorites. That's the only fair way in my opinion.

Freight Teamsters as we knew it don't exsist anymore sad but true! I hope it goes somewhere but where has organizing been for the past 30 yrs..With the pension a thing of the past and the remaining union lines struggling to remain in business there's not much to offer today. I hate to say it but the opposition did a fine job with the perception of unions in this country. The Teamsters Union unfortunately waited to long to go after the big fish. The remaining Teamsters that remember what the brotherhood was like are dying off and no one takes our place. I think we had a WE society then and now it's all about ME!
Well said, and to sad its true!:smiliewhs:

What makes you think we want in a dead pension fund, Con/Way or FedEx isn't organizing to support a misused under funded pension for a bunch that has until lately treated us like crap!:452::grouphug::Violin::thread:

What makes you think we want in a dead pension fund, Con/Way or FedEx isn't organizing to support a misused under funded pension for a bunch that has until lately treated us like crap!:452::grouphug::Violin::thread:
Then dont get into the pension fund. Negotiate your own retirement package.

Con-way and FedEx Freight workers can negotiate their own retirement benefits. Look at the UPS Freight retirement benefits under Article 25 (Benefits) Sec. 6 (Retirement) on pages 47 and 48 of the National Master UPS Freight Agreement 2013-2018!

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster....master_agreement_with_negot_comm_09122014.pdf

Then dont get into the pension fund. Negotiate your own retirement package.

Well said YRC . . . we're not talkin' rocket science here. That's why its OUR job, OUR work rules, OUR union. If you don't, or won't participate the place to look to place blame is in the mirror!