ABF | Teamsters Head Hoffa Tries To Squash Own Employee's Union!

Brother Freightmaster,....that article was reported only in the Daily Caller,..a Wash. D.C. based opinion site developed by Tucker Carlson....a frequent Fox News contributor and former aide to Dick Cheney. No friend of Unions. There are a few inconsistencies in the article. He calls UPS "United Postal Service",...and doesn't get the procedure of posting notices by the NLRB quite right. Sloppy reporting at best. While there might be quite a bit of truth in this article, I'd want to check it out further. It seems kind of incongruous that the Teamsters negotiators wouldn't be Teamsters, and an organizing struggle right inside headquarters doesn't seem quite right, either. Not saying none of it is false,....but seeing the source and the sloppy reporting, I'd want to check further and make sure this isn't an exagerrated attack on Unions by the conservatives.........again.

While I did see some errors in that article there are a couple of things that are probably right. For one they are not negotiators, they are organizers who have voted for union representation. And secondly they would not, and probably could not be Teamsters because they work for the Teamsters Union and it would be a conflict of interest for the Teamsters to represent them. I remember the office workers there were on strike back when we were on strike in 1994 and they're part of another union too but I forget which one.