SAIA | Terminal Trainer Supervisor

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
I been peddling LTL freight with varies companies for nearly 40 years and will be retiring in 3 weeks. Instead of just sitting in my rocking chair and watching the grass grow I figured I’d put my years of knowledge of the LTL business to good use. So I’m looking at getting into management in one form for another particularly as a trainer. And I looked on your site and saw a job opening called terminal trainer supervisor. Just wondering, does anybody on this site know anything about that position, how much they pay, whether it’s a regional job or a turn on my terminal job? Any help Would be appreciated. Thank you

I been peddling LTL freight with varies companies for nearly 40 years and will be retiring in 3 weeks. Instead of just sitting in my rocking chair and watching the grass grow I figured I’d put my years of knowledge of the LTL business to good use. So I’m looking at getting into management in one form for another particularly as a trainer. And I looked on your site and saw a job opening called terminal trainer supervisor. Just wondering, does anybody on this site know anything about that position, how much they pay, whether it’s a regional job or a turn on my terminal job? Any help Would be appreciated. Thank you
Much of the time those positions require a degree as stupid as it sounds. They will also look at age even though it’s illegal. And if your long distinguished career has ever been involved with unions I wouldn’t even bother to apply.

Much of the time those positions require a degree as stupid as it sounds. They will also look at age even though it’s illegal. And if your long distinguished career has ever been involved with unions I wouldn’t even bother to apply.
I have one of the prerequisites that you mentioned, a good education with both undergraduate and graduate degrees.Unfortunately I’m up there in age and took my first job in trucking with a union company which went out of business over 25 years ago. I took a withdrawal from the union back then when they went out and have only worked for non union carriers since then, ( CCX, Con-Way Freight, and XPO
Logistics).
With 2 strikes against me , I’ll look elsewhere for post LTL retirement employment per your advisement.
Thanks for your help though Train.
Just can’t help wondering what a terminal trainer super gets paid at your company, have a ball park number?

I have one of the prerequisites that you mentioned, a good education with both undergraduate and graduate degrees.Unfortunately I’m up there in age and took my first job in trucking with a union company which went out of business over 25 years ago. I took a withdrawal from the union back then when they went out and have only worked for non union carriers since then, ( CCX, Con-Way Freight, and XPO
Logistics).
With 2 strikes against me , I’ll look elsewhere for post LTL retirement employment per your advisement.
Thanks for your help though Train.
Just can’t help wondering what a terminal trainer super gets paid at your company, have a ball park number?
If I had to guess... 60-70K... it sure wouldn’t hurt to interview for it. Exceptions can always be made to the right candidate.