TForce | TForce Contractual FT Status

Until the driver shortage and when company began accepting new hires at Yellow companies and needed drivers quick,
We used to have maybe 100 days and you were on.
But you hit preferred status at 60 or 70.
What preferred meant was that when you hit 60 or 70 or whatever it was, no other new hires nor casuals could be called in before you.

If you make it 45 days, you register a seniority date and you are subject to the contract language. Up till then you have no protection.
Does TForce put into the regular Teamster Health and Welfare Funds for insurance, or do they have something different?
Do they contribute for casuals?

Does TForce put into the regular Teamster Health and Welfare Funds for insurance, or do they have something different?
Do they contribute for casuals?
Central States TeamCare. As good a plan as any. Small weekly contribution. I'm sure Noport has the details.....

Start: 80% of top rate in effect
12 months: 90% of top rate in effect
24 months100% of top rate in effect

Top rates for Local Cartage employees with a CDL and that qualified to drive by the Company are as follows:

August 2023 - $32.55
January 2025 - $33.25
January 2026 - $33.95
January 2027 - $34.65
January 2028 - $35.35

Top rates for Over the Road employee mileage rates are as follows:

August 2023 - $0.7557
January 2025 - $0.7707
January 2026 - $0.7857
January 2027 - $0.8057
January 2028 - $0.8257

What's the starting rate for a new hire?
Does it change when you make the list?
Don't be swooned only by the hourly and benefits. This place is still ran by UPS management and it is not good. They hired 3 of us when Yellow went down,2 from YRC 1 from Holland. I was averaging around 33 hours a week when I quit. Other YRC guy is on his way out as well. They often had us sit on Mondays ,they refuse to pick up their freight on a timely basis. The terminal managers bonus is based on deliveries ,so he could careless about pickups often missing them for 2-3 days. Could be a great company , but can't get out of their own way and get past the greed of terminal managers.

Don't be swooned only by the hourly and benefits. This place is still ran by UPS management and it is not good. They hired 3 of us when Yellow went down,2 from YRC 1 from Holland. I was averaging around 33 hours a week when I quit. Other YRC guy is on his way out as well. They often had us sit on Mondays ,they refuse to pick up their freight on a timely basis. The terminal managers bonus is based on deliveries ,so he could careless about pickups often missing them for 2-3 days. Could be a great company , but can't get out of their own way and get past the greed of terminal managers.
The place is the worst I have ever seen it.
Management is just doing whatever they are told to keep employed. Most know that their number will soon be up. I guess we will have to wait until mid 2024, that is when the entire operation drops UPS systems and goes it alone. The old saying is you can't teach and old dog new tricks.
Ups management style 100% failure in LTL freight, it just doesn't work.