The Dying Art of Driving a Stick Shift

I know of one who went through cases every week. Cases plural of the cheapest possible beer. She finally quit drinking to be a mom to her kids but the damage killed her a month later.

Mine was given a new liver after 30 years of this and that and other. It was not what was to kill her. There was a infection that finally was discovered in due time after the operation. However they missed something that big is a medical progression that was a lesson learned. She showed up sick for years and the docs never thought to really examine her.

As far as being with people well... thats one complication I dont worry about too much.

Anybody remember when Coors beer was not sold east of the Mississippi River?
Yes I do. I used to get some in Milwaukee (even though Milwaukee is east of the Mississippi last time I checked) to bring home to Jersey back in the day.

Wasn't 'Smokey & the Bandit' based off of that beer? The brand was never mentioned, but Coors did not shipp west of the Mississippi when that moved was filmed. von.

In the movie, starring Burt Reynolds, Jerry Reed and Jackie Gleason, a wealthy Texan in Georgia hires Reynolds (“Bandit”) to get him some bootleg Coors beer from Texarkana, Texas — at that time Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi River — and to do it in under 28 hours

Why was Coors illegal in Smokey and the Bandit? - Gaming ...

https://gamingsection.net › Gaming

The beer in « Smokey and the Bandit » is Coors Banquet. This beer has no preservatives or pasteurization, so it has to be kept refrigerated during transit.

Wasn't 'Smokey & the Bandit' based off of that beer? The brand was never mentioned, but Coors did not shipp west of the Mississippi when that moved was filmed. von.

In the movie, starring Burt Reynolds, Jerry Reed and Jackie Gleason, a wealthy Texan in Georgia hires Reynolds (“Bandit”) to get him some bootleg Coors beer from Texarkana, Texas — at that time Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi River — and to do it in under 28 hours

Why was Coors illegal in Smokey and the Bandit? - Gaming ...

https://gamingsection.net › Gaming

The beer in « Smokey and the Bandit » is Coors Banquet. This beer has no preservatives or pasteurization, so it has to be kept refrigerated during transit.
In a similar way, for similar reasons, for a different product, that's why Monfort ran so fast.

In a similar way, for similar reasons, for a different product, that's why Monfort ran so fast.
You are correct Triplex. They had so many DOT violations, the Fed's should have leased office space from Monfort to handle all the violations. I never hauled swinging beef, but I heard stories of tired drivers & running around scales all the time. I used to haul IBP out of Iowa & Nebraska packaged product, but never swinging beef. Probably the worst swaying other than a smooth bore tanker. von.

Yes. I was stationed at Fort Hood, Tx 75 to 78. To open the can you had to press 3 buttons with your thumb on top the can. I was on leave, driving home to Indiana. I was pulled over by an Illinois State trooper. He saw my cooler in the front seat. I had 5 Coors in the cooler and was drinking one. He had me put the beer in the back of his car and let me go. I drove about 20 minutes and pulled over and got more beer out of my trunk and put it in the cooler. I had a few cases I was taking home. I don't drink and drive anymore in case you are wondering.

In the late 70’s, my wife and I were part owners of 3 trucks leased to Coors Transportation and we drove one of them. They painted the lease trucks red and logoed the door with Coors Transportation just like the company trucks and the trailers all had a big Coors logo on them.

The furthest east distributor at the time was in Davenport, IA. Most of the time the back haul was candy out of Rockford, IL. There were so many CB calls wondering where we were headed with the beer and several swap offers. One was a swap for a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

I made my first roadtrip to California from Michigan around 1978. I had so many requests from my friends to bring back Coors beer. I wound up filling the floor of the bed of my pickup truck with Coors beer.
I remember the first time I drank a Coors Lite. It was like drinking ice water.

Anybody remember Gibbons?
Used to be 88 cents a six pack, in bottles!

We were in hi-school, budget minded....
We converted case drinkers to the joys of straight whiskey.

Buy a little amount and get to where you need to be in a hell of a hurry without all that case drinking and pissing. =)

I made my first roadtrip to California from Michigan around 1978. I had so many requests from my friends to bring back Coors beer. I wound up filling the floor of the bed of my pickup truck with Coors beer.
I remember the first time I drank a Coors Lite. It was like drinking ice water.
I dont drink lite anything.

Some beers are nothing but fizz believe it or not. By the time you get some of it actually down your gullet and snorted the fizz out of your nose etc you might have something from it.

One day we visited a place near Washingtons Mt Vernon years ago.

That was Beer, whiskey and god only knows what else. Needed a hotel for a few days before attempting to get home. Some of those skilled crafts people know how to brew things. Here in the south it can be hard to get to the really good stuff. Even if its a case.

Never could figure out what the hoopla was about Coor’s. It’s a mass produced product, not the worst beer ever made, but far far from the best.