The latest update to the I-78 crash in Berks CO.,PA

Here's a different aerial shot of the scene.

12743811_1117341344942664_52142294642255055_n.jpg

Never liked 78, even on a good day.

Came through this spot @ 0400. Light dusting and hard blowing wind from the north blowing snow onto the hwy. from the fields. PENN dot was salting heavily from the NJ-PA state line right thru to Carlisle.
I knew it was going to be a problem, because of my 40 yrs. experience the way things happen on this hwy. I never thought it would happen during daylight @ 0900.
If you can't see, neither can anyone else,....SLOW DOWN.....FOLLOWING DISTANCE.... is your Friend !!

I remember back in the day when PENN Dot would put snow fences is spots were they had problems with the snow drifting onto the roads
Fly-by-night, you are absolutely correct. They stopped that at least 20-25 yrs. ago. It was really bad around the 50 mm on I-81, blowing in from that Golf Course with strong gusts.

Fly-by-night, you are absolutely correct. They stopped that at least 20-25 yrs. ago. It was really bad around the 50 mm on I-81, blowing in from that Golf Course with strong gusts.
I read a new article that interviewed people in or close to the crash and they all said the same thing. That the wind pickup and then there was a white out were you could not see anything.