Central Transport | The more things change...

Dock Man

Logistical Engineer
Credits
the more they stay the same.

I have been a 'team member' for going on a decade now. I have been witness to many new faces in management and been a part of their 'great' plans to bring change to this company. They ALWAYS seem to fail at one of the most basic points, to listen to the employees. Is it just because we do not have one of them college edumacations? Granted I do not nor will I know everything but we as the labor force deal with the freight each and every day. Yet our suggestions are dismissed. Why?

Believe it or not, there are people who do not want to see all they have put in flushed down the toilet because management is so close minded to see other options and opinions. All of these new pencil pushers claimed to have risen through the ranks but always seem to have forgotten from where they started and how it was. We need some serious trucking 101 in this company or it's going to continue to collapse.

One cannot build a house by starting at the roof.

there must be an oxygen supply problem in all the offices since when someone comes out of the truck and goes into the office their brain starts acting like its starving for oxygen. Maybe that would be one great reason for one day a month ( not all the same one) every manager, router, dispatcher and supervisor need to be in a truck on a ride along to get the feel of the real world.

if my dispatcher went for a ride, i would kick him out of the truck and run him over with the duallies.
I'm certain only select "gravy" drivers would be chosen, not anyone who actually works or goes more than 15 miles from the yard.

Vitran rule: Always try to send rookies out with them drivers who talk the talk, but can't walk the walk, otherwise rookies might actually learn their jobs and would have no reason to come to me about how to read a manifest, fill out a DVIR, or use Kronos the day after they "complete" their training

the "fish" get uniforms the same day they start, we have all sizes on hand, due to all the drivers that hung it up here at vitran. funny thing is most of them dont have nametags. I think they just sit down there for that reason.........