Holland | The new deal vote

I consider myself a good worker. The union has forgotten what it is there to do. Again read page 2 and 3 of the Teamster constituion.

I attend union meetings. I have volunteered to help in organizing campaigns. i have walked information picket lines. I take what ever steward training I can. Does that make me anti-union? I enjoy learning the history of the labor movement including the Teamsters.

The Teamsters seem to be more concerned with promoting the keeping of slugs employed rather then increasing the membership in freight.

everyone has to do that they feel is best for them and there family's . look's like if don't give it to them there going to shut there doors and if you do give it to them they may be a little more life to help pay bills and to get other stuff in order. but i think that will be a very short life if you they don't do something with the top brass it's a fact $$bill$$ is not answer. a lot of our brothers and sisters has had them same shoes on before some haven't. like i have said in the past post there no where to go this time abf can't take all of you in and most of the non unions don't want you. good luck with every how you vote now on this very sad matter that $$bill$$ has put you in at no faulty of yours.being retired i don't have vote all i can do is sit watch and hope it turn out the best for all you thats working and us that's retired the cards is your hands and YOUR heart now.

Thanks excfman. We have a very hard decision to make here. There is going to be alot of thinking going on the next couple of days. Also to remind you, the stress that goes along with it. I hope we all make the right choice. Good luck to all.

It will be a hard choice to make. Its going to hurt, but its the only option. I'm banking on it working,
I'm buying as much of the company stock as I can

It will take time but you will make money..under $2.00 is a very good price. I took a shot and have bought shares. Conway stock at $35-$37 is a loser

......there may be a little more life to help pay bills and to get other stuff in order.

The writing on the wall has been getting a whole lot clearer for the past year or so. So, for everyone that hasn't got their "stuff in order" yet,(:duh: ) you may want to get started......soon.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!

Good advice NF. I made the move in June over to ups freight instead of going to DE. It was a Chinese water torture at holland. You know its coming but just don't know when. Holland was by far THE best to work for!!!

the other union

Okeydokey my son belongs to a pipe fitter/plumber's union. If YRC fails you might want to consider going to that union. The first thing that you will do is fill out an application. Then a company will hire you and you will become an apprentice. After you work for a while you will go to school. That company will pay your wages while you go and the union will pay for the schooling. When you become a jouneyman (5 years) you will make almost $30 per hour. If you go on to a Master you make over $40 a hour. Don't forget if you get laid off the union will pay you $125 per week and they will find you another job.

Wouldn't that be great if the Teamsters did that for us? :clap:

Good advice NF. I made the move in June over to ups freight instead of going to DE. It was a Chinese water torture at holland. You know its coming but just don't know when. Holland was by far THE best to work for!!!
Congrats on getting on over there. You probably made the right choice. Just do your job everyday, to the best of your ability, and you will be just fine.:1036316054:

Okeydokey my son belongs to a pipe fitter/plumber's union. If YRC fails you might want to consider going to that union. The first thing that you will do is fill out an application. Then a company will hire you and you will become an apprentice. After you work for a while you will go to school. That company will pay your wages while you go and the union will pay for the schooling. When you become a jouneyman (5 years) you will make almost $30 per hour. If you go on to a Master you make over $40 a hour. Don't forget if you get laid off the union will pay you $125 per week and they will find you another job.

It would be better if there were jobs to find!!

imo holland wont survive no matter the outcome of the vote:TR10driving03:
I feel that if Holland was purchased by a company that would force the operations management to pull their heads out of their hinders or be sent packing, we would not only survive, but we would make a pile of money for that company. (like the old days)

I feel that if Holland was purchased by a company that would force the operations management to pull their heads out of their hinders or be sent packing, we would not only survive, but we would make a pile of money for that company. (like the old days)

Purchased not hardly!Like the old days,just a memory.

The new coo will put the whole YRC system where it should be but at a cost. YRC will be allowed to consolidate areas where duplicate terminals are not needed. That means more terminal closings obviously. I would think some would be YRC some would be NP and some would be Holland and one would need serious seniority after the bombing ends. But keep the brands separate

it just never ceases to amaze me that someone thinks his beloved holland would never let him down and calls his brother teamsters slugs and blames them for the demise of this ::shit:: hole company. just another yes man as there are many others that drink the dock bosses and dispatchers koolaid everyday. if you would work a little more harder maybe you might have a future here :biglaugh: it sounds like good estes material.

The problems are in management. They always are. If you believe the drivers are to blame, then we must be doing less bill per hour on the street. And delaying the freight on the Highway, because we are just not as concerned or qualified as UPS or ABF. They just out perform our dock. They are more respectful to the customer. BULL @#$% I know I'm better than they are, and I do a better job. I've worked my @#$ off at this company for 20 years, and missed a lot of sporting events with my sons for this job. This is a Zollars down problem.

Thats a good career trait(always backed up pipes with kids around). My old man is a union laborer, so I kinda figured your son was in the construction field. Personally unless thats it don't want no part of it. More into getting tree work.