Yellow | The race to the bottom has begun...

teamster02

TB Lurker
Credits
By taking concessions, thus forcing ABF to do the same, followed by the non's imposing their own to remain at a competitive pay advantage, we are going to drive down the wages of the entire industry. So when this company goes under, and they will because you can't fix stupidity, all of the remaining jobs to be had will be at a reduced rate. Where will this cycle end?

By taking concessions, thus forcing ABF to do the same, followed by the non's imposing their own to remain at a competitive pay advantage, we are going to drive down the wages of the entire industry. So when this company goes under, and they will because you can't fix stupidity, all of the remaining jobs to be had will be at a reduced rate. Where will this cycle end?

Snowball effect and thats whats brought all the players to the business round table... :shades:

I just don't see thoses suits in Fort Smith wanting the same now that they know they would have to take a 10% pay cut over the next 4 years and give stock warrents for the employees and let the IBT in on ALL business deals...just my 2 key strokes worth....KK

Seems to me I`ve heard this before.I for one agree,we just keep doing the same "stupid" moves everyday.:1036316054:

with the chance of being crusified for chatting on your board.......it seems to me the management is supposed to take a 10% pay cut but they get to keep their bonuses without any limits being added. So can they get an extra 10% bonus to make up the difference in their pay cut?

Although I may not not work for a union shop everything you guys and gals do effects all of us other companies for the good and bad. So I am not here starting anything just wondering what the rest of us can expect

with the chance of being crusified for chatting on your board.......it seems to me the management is supposed to take a 10% pay cut but they get to keep their bonuses without any limits being added. So can they get an extra 10% bonus to make up the difference in their pay cut?

Although I may not not work for a union shop everything you guys and gals do effects all of us other companies for the good and bad. So I am not here starting anything just wondering what the rest of us can expect

Just my thoughts...but I now see where FedEx, OD and the other non-union companies to look to the employees for money....they will not try to raise their rates and lose customers now, so they will take want they want from their employees without any care or concern what so ever, as they do not have a Union or a contract to protect their interests......KK

Just my thoughts...but I now see where FedEx, OD and the other non-union companies to look to the employees for money....they will not try to raise their rates and lose customers now, so they will take want they want from their employees without any care or concern what so ever, as they do not have a Union or a contract to protect their interests......KK

They'll do just enough to keep the union out. I see it everyday now...

You can expect the lower tier LTL companies, like *CON*-way to cut wages and benefits, that's what.

they do not have a Union or a contract to protect their interests......KK
HA! That's almost comical, considering we DO have a contract, and that doesn't protect our interests. Now the IBT has agreed (pending radification) to take away our last 5 years worth of raises, and what little COLA language we had. Combine that with the fact that the company blatently violates our contract on a daily basis, while the union does absolutely nothing. This contract ain't worth the (grey) ink it was written with.

HA! That's almost comical, considering we DO have a contract, and that doesn't protect our interests. Now the IBT has agreed (pending radification) to take away our last 5 years worth of raises, and what little COLA language we had. Combine that with the fact that the company blatently violates our contract on a daily basis, while the union does absolutely nothing. This contract ain't worth the (grey) ink it was written with.

The "others" can be laid off without any call back rights....the "others" can have their wages reduced to any amount without any say so....dont like it, then leave....the "others" can be fired for any reason...like I have said on here before...I had rather work under a bad contract, than no contract at all in a right to work state!....count your blessings....OH BY THE WAY...go watch the videos I posted from yesterday's meeting and tell me the IBT is not thinking this thing through for ALL of us!. ALSO...that COLA thing...yall need to get over that....in the 21 years I have been at Yellow we only got a COLA for one year, and that was for a 10 cents....I would not throw my job away for 10 cents....let alone 10%!....KK

i.e Race 2 the bottom The Non's want 2 C us go under...@ least their sales people do. We still have work rules & a contract they have nothing, right down their throat
is the way over there. So, maybe just maybe, this economic collape will bring us all together....what do U think?

i.e Race 2 the bottom The Non's want 2 C us go under...@ least their sales people do. We still have work rules & a contract they have nothing, right down their throat
is the way over there. So, maybe just maybe, this economic collape will bring us all together....what do U think?

I am a non and I don't want to see anyone lose their job!!! You folks like to clasify us as u haters and I can honestly say for most guys at my center we have no problem what so ever with u drivers. I would appreciate you not calsifying us since you don't know us. I chat with the drivers from yellow in my area all the time and I would hate to see any of you have to look for a different job. Good luck to you all and I hope you can pull through

Unfortunately to have a full reduction of wages across the board in this Industry (LTL) , it was decided that the largest Union entity will have to lead the way.

All nons and smaller Unionized companies will follow behind our lead. In some ways if you look at the purchases of all the companies by Yrc it only made it easier for this to happen , you can say the same when it came to contract negotiations and the power leveraged by having all of the big four in one basket.

Folks this I believe has been planed long ago even before the recent financial times , I say this because so many of these CEO's run in the same circles as do the bankers and labor leaders at the highest levels.

This might not be to break the Union but to let those in the Unions lead the way as we always do , look at the last contract what did we really get different from what we had? Not much in some ways we went backwards allowing inroads to lower standards for all companies not raising as in the past , that is why nons make what they do which is not much less then we do in the bigger companies.

This is a done deal most of us already know that , just as the UAW will follow along and take reductions setting standards in that industry to nons that build the foreign cars in the U.S.

You can look at any industry and any trade and you will see this occurring soon , but to do so to RESET wages in this country to be "EQUAL" to the rest of the world captains of industry and there allies in politics from both partys needed pre fabricated cause to justify those reductions.

That is one of the reasons if you broaden your scope and look at all of the things that have happened this last year and how fast it all occurred, from the housing mess that was caused by various reasons including government figures who new full well what kind of mess they were creating but chose to force the lenders to lend to those who in all right were ineligible , to the high energy costs that drained all expandable cash reserves and put the vast majority on a footing were they would be more willing to except things they would otherwise not , also the high costs in energy forced cut backs and layoffs let alone driving up the cost of every thing. Once again forcing us to make decisions to go alog with things we otherwise would not.

This is some of the reasons I say this has been pre enginered long ago , we allways say follow the money right? Well say this also follow the trail of what boards all of these people sit on and how many sit on multiple boards at once.

Conspiracy maybe but think of why YRC got the funding to buy the companys that they did , and the fact that they are still pouring cash into the non entitys and growing them.

1981 when I started city drivers made 10 bucks an hour,so 20-25 grand with a little ot was an easy salary to make. A otr friend of mine made some more but no bennies or pension. Now with a little ot you can easily make 60. the same otr guy still makes 50 or so but still no benefits. My point to all this is that the union guys or the non union drivers in ltl have for the most part kept pace with inflation. truck load has lagged far behind for the most part. YRC has Glenn Moore,YRC Lojistics,Conway now has CFI.The turn over in truckload is huge every year but they keep filling the seats with truck school grads willing to start at 40k a year.I ask you this? did Truckload lag behind the prevailing wage over this time or did our union wage and benefits outpace the demand of the entire ltl industry. I fear the bubble may have burst for all union or non union drivers in ltl freight. I know we work hard for the money but so do the truckload guys being out for sometimes weeks at a time.Corporate America has found they can fill those lower wage seats and now I believe the sentiment is that what makes ltl so special.

That's why it's called a cycle, it will never end.

Unfortunately to have a full reduction of wages across the board in this Industry (LTL) , it was decided that the largest Union entity will have to lead the way.

All nons and smaller Unionized companies will follow behind our lead. In some ways if you look at the purchases of all the companies by Yrc it only made it easier for this to happen , you can say the same when it came to contract negotiations and the power leveraged by having all of the big four in one basket.

Folks this I believe has been planed long ago even before the recent financial times , I say this because so many of these CEO's run in the same circles as do the bankers and labor leaders at the highest levels.

This might not be to break the Union but to let those in the Unions lead the way as we always do , look at the last contract what did we really get different from what we had? Not much in some ways we went backwards allowing inroads to lower standards for all companies not raising as in the past , that is why nons make what they do which is not much less then we do in the bigger companies.

This is a done deal most of us already know that , just as the UAW will follow along and take reductions setting standards in that industry to nons that build the foreign cars in the U.S.

You can look at any industry and any trade and you will see this occurring soon , but to do so to RESET wages in this country to be "EQUAL" to the rest of the world captains of industry and there allies in politics from both partys needed pre fabricated cause to justify those reductions.

That is one of the reasons if you broaden your scope and look at all of the things that have happened this last year and how fast it all occurred, from the housing mess that was caused by various reasons including government figures who new full well what kind of mess they were creating but chose to force the lenders to lend to those who in all right were ineligible , to the high energy costs that drained all expandable cash reserves and put the vast majority on a footing were they would be more willing to except things they would otherwise not , also the high costs in energy forced cut backs and layoffs let alone driving up the cost of every thing. Once again forcing us to make decisions to go alog with things we otherwise would not.

This is some of the reasons I say this has been pre enginered long ago , we allways say follow the money right? Well say this also follow the trail of what boards all of these people sit on and how many sit on multiple boards at once.

Conspiracy maybe but think of why YRC got the funding to buy the companys that they did , and the fact that they are still pouring cash into the non entitys and growing them.

We are two presidential terms away from becoming a third world country, as the saying goes, "the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer" nuff said.

Teamster 02 - I disagree with you. I think that there is no way Hoffa, Keegel and freight director Tyson will allow ABF to open the nmfa.