Yellow | The Rehabilitation For Multiemployer Pensions Act (H.R. 397) Is Introduced!

Respectfully disagree republicans have voters at home,and the party’s ready to turn on trump, in my opinion.
First please know I didn't vote for Trump. But he's in the White house . So be it.
I don't see the party turning anywhere right now. Oh the Susan Collins and such will play their game but I see the party unified.
Usually the oppisition party make major gains in the off year election. This time the Dems only took the House while the Republicans made major gains in the Senate.
The end result? Two years of nothing, (or very little) getting done. Which is exacty how the Founding Fathers who framed our Government wanted it.
That is the reason I say this issue is DOA on arrival. It has nothing to do with my support or oppisition, It's Washington being Washington! The sewer ( Don't insult swamps lie that!) strikes again!

I need my pension to bail out the post office.
2017-2.7 billion loss
2018-3.8 billion loss
Compared to the post office Yrc looks like Ups.
Yes but they are also required by law to prepay $5 billion per year in pension money for people that don’t even work there yet (and yes the government steals it). Also on top of that they have to pay into the current pensions.

First please know I didn't vote for Trump. But he's in the White house . So be it.
I don't see the party turning anywhere right now. Oh the Susan Collins and such will play their game but I see the party unified.
Usually the oppisition party make major gains in the off year election. This time the Dems only took the House while the Republicans made major gains in the Senate.
The end result? Two years of nothing, (or very little) getting done. Which is exacty how the Founding Fathers who framed our Government wanted it.
That is the reason I say this issue is DOA on arrival. It has nothing to do with my support or oppisition, It's Washington being Washington! The sewer ( Don't insult swamps lie that!) strikes again!
You may very well be correct. The only thing this time is the legislation seems to have bipartisan support.

Call it what you like, loan, gift, bailout or handout take your pick, just get those bucks rolling in, so I can continue my lavish life style.
I don't want to cancel the order on my Tesla.
You didnt read it then. Part of it backs up the PGBC. That'll be you, (as an Orphan) if it passes.

Another part says that the MEPRA wont accept partial payments, or partial withdrawal payments. That shoves YRCW into Bankruptcy, and leaves ABF and the US Government holding the bag.

That's why the Bill wont pass....

I Do think they'll bail out the PBGC. They were close to passing that in November. But not this Atrocity...

Bailing out the Pension Guarantee while raising payments from the employers and cutting payments to us will cost 3-5 billion. As opposed to creating a new Bureau (as in Butch Lewis) costs at least 40-50 billion.

Last edited:
You may very well be correct. The only thing this time is the legislation seems to have bipartisan support.
Damn, I can see it now! Trumps give the ok for Billions to shore up pension funds and the Dems cough up the 5 billion for a wall.
"Making laws is like making sausage, If you enjoy it don't ask how it's done!"
Winston Churchill

You didnt read it then. Part of it backs up the PGBC. That'll be you, (as an Orphan) if it passes.

Another part says that the MEPRA wont accept partial payments, or partial withdrawal payments. That shoves YRCW into Bankruptcy, and leaves ABF and the US Government holding the bag.

That's why the Bill wont pass....

Hope I don't have to downgrade to a Corvair!

Hope I don't have to downgrade to a Corvair!
Vroooom Vroooom :smilie93c peelout:
de7ZLtG.jpg