FedEx Freight | The return of the SURVEY

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
I suspect, if you haven't had yours yet, you will have the opportunity very soon.

The driver survey is back, and is/will be conducted on-line via computer, at your Center. This is said to provide results very quickly, rather than the months it took in the past.

I've heard different thoughts on participation, since it is voluntary, as well as paid time. Only a very few at my location have declined, that I'm aware of. IMHO, any time I can get a direct line to Corporate, I'll use it. It's not often that Corporate asks what we think, so it is a rare chance to share with them, your honest unfiltered perspective.

The only thing I would like to have seen included, would have been a place (at the end) to add comments, to clarify and expand on the overall theme. That portion of info would have to have been compiled/sorted, thereby reducing the quick turn around on the data, but only for that portion. I'm guessing that would have eliminated the automated nature of the process.

Any thoughts?

Not sure why you would refuse to take it as it just helps their average score. Less zeros or ones depending on how the lowest scale is figured. I would like to have seen an explanation of how the scoring was weighed between the neutral in middle to either end of the scale.

Must be nice to be able to express your opinion through the survey!
As for the 3 centers that voted yes, the drivers aren't allowed to participate in the survey per the NLRB...by allowing the drivers to participate, it could be seen as a way to persuade employees, thus resulting in more ULP charges.
The office, shop, and dock employees are still allowed to participate, only the driver's voices have been silenced by the union!!

Must be nice to be able to express your opinion through the survey!
As for the 3 centers that voted yes, the drivers aren't allowed to participate in the survey per the NLRB...by allowing the drivers to participate, it could be seen as a way to persuade employees, thus resulting in more ULP charges.
The office, shop, and dock employees are still allowed to participate, only the driver's voices have been silenced by the union!!

Everything is great in your mind why would you need to take the survey?

Everyone knows where I stand, no survey needed for me....rather those who choose not to speak out, it's their voice that's been silenced.

Ya know Red, everyone at your center does, or will have the chance to speak out through their local... 71 I think it is. Although is does appear most have already "spoken", through multiple (in person) company meetings, and well as through those statements on Oct. 14th, Oct. 31st, and Nov 19th.

I agree, it seems punitive and retaliatory to exclude CLT, SBR, and EPH from participation, especially since the only identifying feature of the survey is the location. I wonder if "legal" told them they could exclude, or must exclude. I would bet the former (could). I mean, WTF, it's only a survey. Anonymous answers to questions... And voluntary, at that.

We were sold the idea that it is basically a report card for scoring the local center and FedEx as a whole. It looks like they went to extra effort to make it seems anonymous. As for those that choose not speak out they can't be upset when they are silenced.

I suspect, if you haven't had yours yet, you will have the opportunity very soon.

The driver survey is back, and is/will be conducted on-line via computer, at your Center. This is said to provide results very quickly, rather than the months it took in the past.

I've heard different thoughts on participation, since it is voluntary, as well as paid time. Only a very few at my location have declined, that I'm aware of. IMHO, any time I can get a direct line to Corporate, I'll use it. It's not often that Corporate asks what we think, so it is a rare chance to share with them, your honest unfiltered perspective.

The only thing I would like to have seen included, would have been a place (at the end) to add comments, to clarify and expand on the overall theme. That portion of info would have to have been compiled/sorted, thereby reducing the quick turn around on the data, but only for that portion. I'm guessing that would have eliminated the automated nature of the process.

Any thoughts?
We had a guy at ou

I witnessed a guy at our center refuse to take a survey....This guy complains and Bitches about everything but thinks hes making some kind of a stance by not taking it? Here is your chance to actually have some input.....you can even hide behind a computer....Makes no sense to me
Any thoughts?

We had a guy at our terminal stand there and refuse to take the survey...This guy complains and bitches about everything but only to other drivers....Here is a chance to chime in and share your thoughts with corp.....you can even hide behind the computer.....Your not getting anywhere by refusing to take the survey...Everyone should take it ....read the questions and answer truthfully....Its a Tool Use it!

Ya know Red, everyone at your center does, or will have the chance to speak out through their local... 71 I think it is. Although is does appear most have already "spoken", through multiple (in person) company meetings, and well as through those statements on Oct. 14th, Oct. 31st, and Nov 19th.

I agree, it seems punitive and retaliatory to exclude CLT, SBR, and EPH from participation, especially since the only identifying feature of the survey is the location. I wonder if "legal" told them they could exclude, or must exclude. I would bet the former (could). I mean, WTF, it's only a survey. Anonymous answers to questions... And voluntary, at that.
Was just trying to point out that the survey is just another way for the employees to speak freely for THEMSELVES if they so choose, another avenue for ONE'S voice to be heard. That voice has been denied at 3 centers.
I guess we'll see if the locals will be willing to provide the employees with the same type of survey, so "we" can voice our concerns "collectively" on whether or not they're doing a good enough job for "us".
We'll probably have to agree to pay dues before we're allowed to participate in the survey though.

We were sold the idea that it is basically a report card for scoring the local center and FedEx as a whole. It looks like they went to extra effort to make it seems anonymous. As for those that choose not speak out they can't be upset when they are silenced.
Is it still not a report card for the centers/FedEx?
How is it still not anonymous?
I agree to an extent, many choose not to speak out "vocally" because they don't want to endure the same ridicule (on both sides) as those of us that have chosen to speak out, they'd rather speak out anonymously....and they've been denied that opportunity.

Is it still not a report card for the centers/FedEx?
How is it still not anonymous?
I agree to an extent, many choose not to speak out "vocally" because they don't want to endure the same ridicule (on both sides) as those of us that have chosen to speak out, they'd rather speak out anonymously....and they've been denied that opportunity.
Like I said it is a report card, correct.
Like I said it is anonymous, correct.
Taking the survey is not something that is important on my list.When we finally vote and they deny us the "right" to fill out the survey I will not care because we would have already spoken with the vote. Last year we did not participate for some odd reason. Like Swamp said, if we could actually comment in a narrative format then it would carry more weight for me.

Like I said it is a report card, correct.
Like I said it is anonymous, correct.
Taking the survey is not something that is important on my list.When we finally vote and they deny us the "right" to fill out the survey I will not care because we would have already spoken with the vote. Last year we did not participate for some odd reason. Like Swamp said, if we could actually comment in a narrative format then it would carry more weight for me.
Past surveys have had a comment section, did you ever take advantage of this opportunity before?
Your center lost their opportunity to vote when they lost support and pulled their petition, therefor making the survey an important tool to improve the things that caused the petition in the first place.

Past surveys have had a comment section, did you ever take advantage of this opportunity before?
Your center lost their opportunity to vote when they lost support and pulled their petition, therefor making the survey an important tool to improve the things that caused the petition in the first place.

That's wishful thinking, my terminal voted no all these changes were supposed to take place, still waiting on these changes. I will give them credit the vacation policy was changed for the good.

Yea sorry to say but we have never had the option to comment on a survey at our center in the past and I have been here for quite awhile just like you. Guess the company has/had different survey's in different regions with the ability to comment on some. Wonder why that is?

Memory check here. Just so we are all clear, at what center was it that I work out of again that had the petition pulled?

Yea sorry to say but we have never had the option to comment on a survey at our center in the past and I have been here for quite awhile just like you. Guess the company has/had different survey's in different regions with the ability to comment on some. Wonder why that is?

Memory check here. Just so we are all clear, at what center was it that I work out of again that had the petition pulled?
The section for comments was on back of the survey, we used it quite often.