XPO | "the Steering Wheel Knows No Gender."

MittySharksman

TB Lurker
Credits
https://www.wsj.com/articles/drawn-by-the-salary-women-flock-to-trucking-11571045406

Some drivers and women’s advocates say the industry has begun to change to make it more accommodating to women. “New technology and equipment make truck driving a job that’s more geared toward women,” says Lindsey Othmer, 26, who drives for XPO Logistics out of Fife, Wash.

For example, XPO trucks now have a more modern transmission system that makes them less strenuous to drive, says Meghan Henson, chief human-resources officer at XPO, one of the largest transportation and logistics companies in the U.S. And at many companies, drivers, regardless of sex, don’t physically load and unload goods anymore.

Dangerous curves ahead...one can only hope!

And the reality is also, try and teach some of these millennials to drive a 10 speed. Some get it, but most don’t. That’s a part of the reason for automatics now.
As far as loading and unloading. No you don’t load and unload as much anymore, because shippers don’t want you in their warehouse, on the dock, but you get to sit 2-3 hours, usually with no compensation in your truck while held hostage. The plus side is though, these DC’s might have a bathroom, and soda machine at your disposal....

And the reality is also, try and teach some of these millennials to drive a 10 speed. Some get it, but most don’t. That’s a part of the reason for automatics now.
As far as loading and unloading. No you don’t load and unload as much anymore, because shippers don’t want you in their warehouse, on the dock, but you get to sit 2-3 hours, usually with no compensation in your truck while held hostage. The plus side is though, these DC’s might have a bathroom, and soda machine at your disposal....
Ur a ****ing joke she is a hard worker

Sitting in traffic is why they switched to automatic burning up flywheels lazy ass trucker leaving there foot one the clutch

Sitting in traffic is why they switched to automatic burning up flywheels lazy ass trucker leaving there foot one the clutch
Well on the new Road trucks did you find were the automatic fluid dip stick is cause I'm still looking.
The 12 speed transmission in the all the road trucks are NOT automatic, they are Automated Transmission. A little play on words. The transmission have a clutch pack and use an pneumatic clutch actuator. The transmission shift just like one that has a clutch pedal the driver would push. It's just smarter.
https://www.ccjdigital.com/eaton-cummins-debuts-new-12-speed-automatic/
The only true automatics we have in they system are the little city freightliners. They are true automatics just like you car they even have a dip stick to check the trans fluid.

Really I seen male drivers wanting to be woman and female drivers wanting to men. So I guess doesn't care what what gender you are or which one you want to be. What ever floats your boat.

BL75nHt.jpg

There is a certain someone having an affair at work with a certain someone else. And one of them is management. After we all had the sensitivity training. Everyone is trying to figure out. Who to call or email and what to say about it. The problem with showing a mess of truck drivers a bunch of stuff like that, is that, they get ideas.

There is a certain someone having an affair at work with a certain someone else. And one of them is management. After we all had the sensitivity training. Everyone is trying to figure out. Who to call or email and what to say about it. The problem with showing a mess of truck drivers a bunch of stuff like that, is that, they get ideas.
Fire that damn subordinate. We need all the good managers we can keep. That poor bastard or female bastard, whatever is the case, they've to go. Keep good management people no matter who they screw. I need a good return on my stock investment. Almost $80 and I will be in positive territory soon.

Tell everyone to mind there own genitals and let them be.

Fire that damn subordinate. We need all the good managers we can keep. That poor bastard or female bastard, whatever is the case, they've to go. Keep good management people no matter who they screw. I need a good return on my stock investment. Almost $80 and I will be in positive territory soon.

Not sure either one is any good for your investment. And they are so scared to fire anyone. For any reason. To much turnover. Can’t hire worth a spit. No one wants to work here.

When something like this happened at my wife’s work. Someone ( one of the wife’s friends ) called in. And the HR person covered it up. It was called in again. And the direct supervisor covered it up and ripped the person who called in and said that was an inappropriate use of the hot line. So that person came right out the office and called it in again. This time both the love birds were fired and the HR and the supervisor were given the options of transfers or resignations.

4 birds with one stone she gloated. I said, but you called at least 3 times. She said yeah, okay. But still 4 birds.

There are people at the terminal with similar mind sets.

Tell everyone to mind there own genitals and let them be.

That would be a typical grown up view of this. If they were being discrete and keeping their business out of this business.

Instead they flaunt their abuse of authority. And behave questionably. If not blatantly inappropriately.

An example ? During employee appreciation week. Love bird 1 had their significant other come in on family day. And love bird 2 flakes out. Complete millennial hissy fit. Like it’s fair for the rest of us to have to deal with other people’s nonsense ? More than a few considered telling the significant other what’s going on. A few said they would try to reach out on social media. And now those people are considering the ethics hotline. Because they see it as a way to completely eliminate the situation.