FedEx Freight | The Time Is Getting Closer

fr8rookie

TB Lurker
Credits
Well the time for WML is winding down and the end is near. WML will be riding off into the sunset like so many other Trucking Companies gobbled up by the big guys. Anybody got any last words?? now be kind

roadwhore said:
well get ready to be treated like a number and not a driver,thats the way fxf treats there drivers.

Please tell me the difference between how Fed Ex treats it's driver's and how other companies do? I often hear this being said but don't understand what is being implied. I've been driving for almost 20 years ( Fed Ex for 2 years) I don't understand where everyone is coming from with this statement? Do you walk in and they say "Hi, #1234567" if thats the case well then I can see where you are coming from.

fr8rookie said:
Well the time for WML is winding down and the end is near. WML will be riding off into the sunset like so many other Trucking Companies gobbled up by the big guys. Anybody got any last words?? now be kind

I know what you mean. Are we closing as of Friday or the Weekend? I have been with WML for 13 years and enjoy my years. The unknown is scarey and exciting at the same time.

Tuesday will be the 1st day as FNL. I am excited about the change. The family has done a wonderful job, but this company is growing. We need more experienced leadership to guide us.

Well maybe now, some new Linehaul management will come in and the good ole boys who treat some folks differently will be told that that treatement is unacceptable..and to be equal...I have nothing against WTL the company...I have issues with what the Linehaul in Orlando has cost us..both emotionally and financially and although I pray all drivers keep driving and getting their miles...I also hope that you don't throw in the towel...FedEx, like all large Companies is not perfect...However, they are the less of the evils and when it comes to steady work, miles and having truthful recruiters and honoring a contractual obligation, they are buy the book...but again, there are rogue employees who fail to treat the contractors like independent employees and that causes issues. Most of you are your own business...don't let someone try and take what you have worked hard to get to, achieve or accomplish...it is not easy...We had hopes for Orlando WTL, but now it is painful and extreamly disappointing..Good luck to all WTL Drivers come 9/4..

Change

fr8rookie said:
Change is hard and sometimes it hurts... that is for sure...Some times change is needed and sometimes it is not. There is so much in our lives that is out of control. We want to be in control of lives and future. But we are not sometimes. I wish you guys the best. From a Roadway Your Way driver. Who misses the Roadway Express name.

I am the wife of a former WML driver..the treatment is not any different at FEDEX, it's all the same crap just a different pile:razz:

princess said:
I am the wife of a former WML driver..the treatment is not any different at FEDEX, it's all the same crap just a different pile:razz:

please explain...what was the situation and how would you have handled the situation if you were in their shoes. I mean it's easy to say I was treated badly, but honestly put yourself in their shoes. Say there was not enough freight to run every driver, would you run every driver even if you had to run them in empty trailers both ways because you would feel bad making them sit home without pay....not a lot of profit there. would you sit at home the guy who had been with the company the longest. If this were your call what would you do?

Not that every company is perfect...but My husband is STILL sitting...for over 2 weeks, with no return call from WTL Linehaul in Orlando..."CORY" has ignored all calls,and any requests to get some miles..I wonder if he would like to make our truck payment is that is now past due because he would not give him any miles? Not to mention the fact, that WTL is CHARGING him for insurance and all while he sits on his butt...not earning money, but accruing bills...FedEx is not perfect, but in 4 years, never have we been treated like this by linehaul at any hub..I so wish this were a just a bad dream...:owned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
I am the wife of a former WML driver..the treatment is not any different at FEDEX, it's all the same crap just a different pile

please explain...what was the situation and how would you have handled the situation if you were in their shoes. I mean it's easy to say I was treated badly, but honestly put yourself in their shoes. Say there was not enough freight to run every driver, would you run every driver even if you had to run them in empty trailers both ways because you would feel bad making them sit home without pay....not a lot of profit there. would you sit at home the guy who had been with the company the longest. If this were your call what would you do?

I just meant that FEDEX Freight does not treat the drivers any different than my spouse was treated at Watkins..or any other trucking company.
It's a job, you go in, on time, drive safe, do your best and come home and do it all over again. Thats all..local LTL is the same no matter what company you work for..Some drivers have a bug up thier butts as well as some supervisors..some days are good, some are bad..sometimes your treated as a number most times not..thats all..

princess said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
I am the wife of a former WML driver..the treatment is not any different at FEDEX, it's all the same crap just a different pile

I just meant that FEDEX Freight does not treat the drivers any different than my spouse was treated at Watkins..or any other trucking company.
It's a job, you go in, on time, drive safe, do your best and come home and do it all over again. Thats all..local LTL is the same no matter what company you work for..Some drivers have a bug up thier butts as well as some supervisors..some days are good, some are bad..sometimes your treated as a number most times not..thats all.

Think about this . Sometimes if you are treated badly do you bring this on yourself ? I always try to go to work with a positive attitude if all the staff ever hears is crying from you what do you think you are going to be treated like ?

princess said:

princess, I would give FedEx a little time. They have JUST taken over the company and at this point, the only thing that has changed is the name.

Change takes time and given time, I'm sure FedEx will slowly take over the Watkins operation and transform it into their own company.

Maybe some former AF employees can give some input on how long it took for changes to take place.

princess, I would give FedEx a little time. They have JUST taken over the company and at this point, the only thing that has changed is the name.

Change takes time and given time, I'm sure FedEx will slowly take over the Watkins operation and transform it into their own company.

Maybe some former AF employees can give some input on how long it took for changes to take place.

Need to clarify..my husband worked for Watkins 2 years ago..he has been with FEDEX freight 2 years this month.
Basically, Fedex is not any different than Watkins..I mean other than being laid off along with 10 other drivers at Watkins, things were decent at Watkins and his experience at Fedex thus far has been fair and all is well..It is rare he feels like a number.
All comapnies have office politics, grumpy drivers, bad supervisors, etc..it is just the way it is wherever you work..got to have a positive attitude and not look at the bad stuff all the time..the pro's outweight the con's at Fedex...

Still changing.....

You are correct CFer it took like 4 years and we are still seeing changes. They(FedEx) are tightening up things for all of us drivers all the way up to management. I laugh every day when a supervisor of mine sits down by his computer and says '' Let see how much hate mail I got today '' It rolls off him pretty good and never takes it out on us.

trucker4cf said:
Yeah!! but you might be number 1.

I'm not # 1, in fact I'm #9 out of 11 Linehaul drivers in our barn. Choices are few, I've been cut and currently have the least desirable run in the house. I'm good friends with #1 and often tease him about the view up there. I enjoy my job, if I didn't I would find one that I did. I have often told my children to choose your line of work wisely for you'll be doing it for quite a while. Money is nice but enjoying what you do makes it easier to get up in the morning...or at night in my case.

fr8rookie said:

The new Base plates from TN. were going on the trucks today with all the new permits. Also new tags for the trailers.