Yellow | The Truth Is.

Driverbob

TB Regular
Credits
I feel as though after putting in the years and the beating my body took in these years of doing this job, the arguments coming from these last few years are mute, being 52 and having put my time in and yes wanting something for my time and being told I can not get my full retirement till age 65 is just not right and also telling me (us) that we can retire at 57 with penalties is just as bad. I now feel as if I wasted all this time and I will never reap the rewards I gave to this company and ALSO the IBT. Its a shame it is not getting any better. So how do you organize the freight industry with the promises for a better way when I lived through this mismanagement of our retirement and seemingly with the IBT blessing??? You must die in order to collect the way this is set up now, and oh yeah you will have to work till your expiration date. Peace.

I feel as though after putting in the years and the beating my body took in these years of doing this job, the arguments coming from these last few years are mute, being 52 and having put my time in and yes wanting something for my time and being told I can not get my full retirement till age 65 is just not right and also telling me (us) that we can retire at 57 with penalties is just as bad. I now feel as if I wasted all this time and I will never reap the rewards I gave to this company and ALSO the IBT. Its a shame it is not getting any better. So how do you organize the freight industry with the promises for a better way when I lived through this mismanagement of our retirement and seemingly with the IBT blessing??? You must die in order to collect the way this is set up now, and oh yeah you will have to work till your expiration date. Peace.

You're only 52 and you're upset that you can't retire at that age with full benefits? You've got to be kidding. Even Social Security doesn't get you full benefits at anywhere near that age. Get serious.

That's what it was all about when I started kid and That's what I worked for and contributed towards and now I'm told I'm not entitled to it don't give me your YRC BS it's your life (time on this earth) they are playing with and nothing more if that's all you got out of what I said you should reread my post.
You're only 52 and you're upset that you can't retire at that age with full benefits? You've got to be kidding. Even Social Security doesn't get you full benefits at anywhere near that age. Get serious.

A depressing reality of our situation. Age does not matter, if a man follows the plan set up by the system he has comitted his life's work to then he should be rewarded fully under the rules of that plan. Unfortuantely for thousands of Teamsters in the freight division we have been hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run a mock !!! And unfortuantely I must agree with your conclusion that Its Not Getting Any Better . ( Nor Will iT Ever )

That's what it was all about when I started kid and That's what I worked for and contributed towards and now I'm told I'm not entitled to it don't give me your YRC BS it's your life (time on this earth) they are playing with and nothing more if that's all you got out of what I said you should reread my post.

The economic model which allowed those promises to be made many years ago is flawed. Did you see continued growth in unionized trucking over the decades which would have been a necessity in order to support the pension Ponzi scheme we were in? I don't think so. Now we're all of us paying the price.

PS - This "kid" is old enough to be your father just so you know.

PPS - Do you read the news much? Many governmental pension systems are also unsustainable these days and are the reasons why many cities are looking at potential bankruptcies.

The economic model which allowed those promises to be made many years ago is flawed. Did you see continued growth in unionized trucking over the decades which would have been a necessity in order to support the pension Ponzi scheme we were in? I don't think so. Now we're all of us paying the price.

PS - This "kid" is old enough to be your father just so you know.

PPS - Do you read the news much? Many governmental pension systems are also unsustainable these days and are the reasons why many cities are looking at potential bankruptcies.

So what your saying is you got yours the hell with me, I also paid into the system and it's time to get something for my TIME, not extend it so I'm penalized for my efforts I don't have 13 more years for this outfit, and the more You post the more you sound like management.

So what your saying is you got yours the hell with me, I also paid into the system and it's time to get something for my TIME, not extend it so I'm penalized for my efforts I don't have 13 more years for this outfit, and the more You post the more you sound like management.

Not saying that at all. I got very little for my time since it's mostly "old" time compared to more recent, higher contribution rates. However, it is what it is.

Can't help how I sound. Some folks just don't want to hear facts when they don't agree with the narrative.

Not saying that at all. I got very little for my time since it's mostly "old" time compared to more recent, higher contribution rates. However, it is what it is.

Can't help how I sound. Some folks just don't want to hear facts when they don't agree with the narrative.

Well I'm not here to argue for this company just stating how I feel after 30 years of service, I happen to notice this isn't the first time you raised the pom-poms for this outfit, I don't see the outcome as being pleasant for anyone retired or not, just saying.

Well I'm not here to argue for this company just stating how I feel after 30 years of service, I happen to notice this isn't the first time you raised the pom-poms for this outfit, I don't see the outcome as being pleasant for anyone retired or not, just saying.

Raising pom-poms? Oh please! You're entitled to your opinion and you certainly don't need me to tell you that, and I'm entitled to mine. I think as long as they're still operating and paying the workforce (even if the pay is reduced for now) that's a good thing and better than the alternative of shutting down. I can't see the point of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face as some on here indicate. If that's what you call raising pom-poms so be it.

Many workers, like myself, started in their early 20's or late teens with the promise of 30 and out. How is it fair that this entire group of the roster must put in 43, 44, and some 47 years before they can retire? is that reasonable or fair? I think not. I could retire now at 50...........6% per yer penalty..........(65) 15 x 6% = 90% reduction. I think after 30 years of service I am entitled to a little more than 10 % pension benefit. Thats the part that has the most people worked up. How many 65 year old dockmen do we have in the system? What kind of physical shape are they in? Are they going to be able to truly enjoy and prosper in their "Golden Years"? Kinda tough to enjoy when its a struggle to get your crippled body out of bed in the morning after 47 years pounding the dock. Sad. And my stupidvisor wants me to hurry up and finish my trailer because we're "behind". They can all blow it out their a**.

Many workers, like myself, started in their early 20's or late teens with the promise of 30 and out. How is it fair that this entire group of the roster must put in 43, 44, and some 47 years before they can retire? is that reasonable or fair? I think not. I could retire now at 50...........6% per yer penalty..........(65) 15 x 6% = 90% reduction. I think after 30 years of service I am entitled to a little more than 10 % pension benefit. Thats the part that has the most people worked up. How many 65 year old dockmen do we have in the system? What kind of physical shape are they in? Are they going to be able to truly enjoy and prosper in their "Golden Years"? Kinda tough to enjoy when its a struggle to get your crippled body out of bed in the morning after 47 years pounding the dock. Sad. And my stupidvisor wants me to hurry up and finish my trailer because we're "behind". They can all blow it out their a**.

Yep. Ten years with the company and already have back problems, shoulder issues, and a cough from the dock dust. I'll have to work 32 more years. I don't know how some of these older guys do it.

No doubt you and many others are disappointed and I understand that. But as I said earlier those lofty promises were made before the unionized trucking industry collapsed as it did over the decades since those promises were made. That's the real problem. Where are the funds going to come from when most all of the pension funds are in financial trouble? Where are all the unionized companies that were supposed to continue paying into the funds to support those early promises? The Ponzi scheme collapsed!

You can thank jimmy carter for the collapse of unionized trucking. He deregulated freight.Reagan fired the air traffic controllers. Bush sr. Started nafta, but Clinton's signature is on it. That killed union manufacturing. Bush jr. Screwed the airline mechanics. And so far Obama has done diddly squat to help labor in the country. We are in a jam Clowns to the left jokers to the right here I am stuck in the middle with yall

At what point or after how many more cuts do you suggest that it would not be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face ? Are you suggesting that the workforce should agree to everything and be thankful they are privilaged to take this screwing for as long as the company blows smoke ? Congress is about to vote on cutting pensions and yes even for those who are already drawing. Would you suggest that if congress comes back 3 more times with cuts that current retirees should just be happy they are able to draw lets say 60% of what they are drawing now ? Of course not & thats why current employees are thankful to be employed but not happy about the steady decline in every area of pay, working conditions, and benefits. At some point common sense should kick in and a person's eyes should allow them to see whats really happening around them.( Every Employee @ YRC should be at that point NOW )

I agree with Triplex. Could of been anything in my life but I was happy to spend 36 years as a combination dock and driver. Now retired at age 62 I feel the pain everyday and just make it worse by staying off of the couch.

What an embarrassment it must be to make the reply of you still have a job.YRC is the bottom feeder of the industry.High discounts,low pay,25 % retirement yet have enough money in March to buy ABF and now 5 monthes later asking for more wage concessions and another 2 years extension on a non-existent contract.20 years and I walked,best decision I ever made.This company is crap and will never improve,just same old song that started what 6-7 years ago.

First off, I'm angry!!! My opinion is as follows.
Maybe MY reply should read "Be happy you are still Alive!" Screw the job!
Anyone, including myself, whom has to spend more than 30+ years to retire "peacefully" is indeed, entitled to that luxury.
I have worked since I was 16 and still have 4 more year's to go. AND that is early retirement. Grand total, 31 year's in Master Freight.
For those retired Teamsters? who tend to "follow the fleece" online and guide us current employees to our never ending demise/destiny................
Thank You for all the encouraging statements, opinions, ridicule, ETC.
YRCF employees are working in a war zone today!
Either you become a sheep and grab ahold of the other tail or you fight for TEAMSTER contractual rights!

just remember there are a lot of guys who did retire at 45 or 52 25 and out in some pensions so yes its not fair some got now you cant

While the rest of the country was changing to 401k's the Teamster Ponzi Plan kept on rolling. Why did these plans continue to operate when everyone knew this day would arrive? The IBT is lobbying to cut pensions of active and already retired as we speak. I am not saying cuts are not needed but I think the IBT represents me and I do pay monthly for it. I read on the IBT website that they hired and named the outside firms to look into CSPF and I have heard or read nothing else about it . Deregulation and recession took ther toll on pensions but I will always believe there is more to this story.
I would like to see a detailed copy of CSPF losses and I mean the individual who and how much not the grand total.
Probably won't change anything but the truth will set me free!