Yellow | The Ugly Truth Of Trucking...

Poor, poor dispatching....But, if the guy was coming up off his 10 hour break, he should have demanded to be put on another load so he could be recycled... IMO, this driver did this to himself.. He should have ask his dispatcher, OK, what am I doing after I drop this trailer? If he says start another 10 hour break, say no, transfer me to management and let them know what they are doing... Again, I think this driver put himself in this position... I've been in this position more times than I can count before, and it's better to defuse the situation early, before this kind of thing happens... He knew the circumstances, he knew he would be wore out before he delivered the load... He should have been smarter...

Basically, you are the captain of your ship, act like it... And don't be a pushover...

Ha , this is why most of all the younger guys don't go into truck driving , cause it suxs !!!! & anybody that is a O.T.R. driver needs to sit down & do the math & see they are NOT even making min. wage for the number of hours away from home !!!

Ha , this is why most of all the younger guys don't go into truck driving , cause it suxs !!!! & anybody that is a O.T.R. driver needs to sit down & do the math & see they are NOT even making min. wage for the number of hours away from home !!!

The cost of living on the road for 3 and 4 weeks have tripled since the 80's when I was doing it... LTL was the best thing that ever dropped in my lap... Except for a girlfriend or two...LOL