FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I know he won't answer that question let me do it. He's doing it Pro bono .... Your going to think what you want .... SO .... That's it ... Would you believe that ? I hope so .... SO .... We can move on from your ridiculous accusations .... He's an attorney that just loves to play on random web sites. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/pro_bono For you CT .... Just in case. FedEx is running short on cash. Would you buy that?

No way that has to be the dumbest thing ive heard in a long time. Pro bono this could drag out for years till all of freight go's union so im pretty sure thats not an option. Fed ex running low on cash is that supposed to be the joke of the day. We need Joe B back on here him and ex lax make a great team.

Seems to me to be a LOT better than most plans, on both accounts. Especially our current plans.

On the retiree healthcare plan, I wholeheartedly disagree with the "not very good at all" opinion. https://myteamcare.org/ups/newMembers/docs/TeamCareRetireePlanforUPSMembers.pdf

$400/month family coverage for one considering early (pre 65) retirement, that could make the difference between being able to retire or not. I know you prefer high deductibles and higher max limits, for lower cost. I understand that. Seems the great majority would benefit greatly from the above plan. Retirees (and their spouses) often have ongoing medical costs (office visits/medications) that could "break" them, especially in that early retirement age group.

I would greatly appreciate such a plan. I bet you would too. Would you decline that coverage? Remember, only $4800/year. A bargain, in my book.

Hell their retirees have a better plan than our people who work everyday. Sad

No way that has to be the dumbest thing ive heard in a long time. Pro bono this could drag out for years till all of freight go's union so im pretty sure thats not an option. Fed ex running low on cash is that supposed to be the joke of the day. We need Joe B back on here him and ex lax make a great team.
Damn dude. I would have thought that even you would realize that the Train was being a smart ass sarcastic jerk.

Fed ex is the best organizer out there. They come out today and told us 56 terminals are getting the gpd raise. What about the other 311 terminals I know several around me who want another shot at voting now that we know they lied to us. Give us another chance lmao what a bunch a crap I guess they wanted another chance so they could screw us harder this time around.

Fed ex is the best organizer out there. They come out today and told us 56 terminals are getting the gpd raise. What about the other 311 terminals I know several around me who want another shot at voting now that we know they lied to us. Give us another chance lmao what a bunch a crap I guess they wanted another chance so they could screw us harder this time around.
Not to start a argument but there is some of those 311 terminals already making top pay scale. There was 50 brought up one notch. So give true numbers out of 350 terminals there is five different pay scales. So out of the 350 terminals how many where already making more than the others and no one said a word. Bring 50 up to where they should of been and all hell breaks loose. So what is the ratio difference know. How many on pay A how many on pay B on C. On D and on E. That's the numbers I would like to really see

Last edited:
Not to start a argument but there is some of those 311 terminals already making top pay scale. There was 50 brought up one notch. So give true numbers out of 350 terminals there is five different pay scales. So out of the 350 terminals how many where already making more than the others and no one said a word. Bring 50 up to where they should of been and all hell breaks loose. So what is the ratio difference know. How many on pay A how many on pay B on C. On D and on E. That's the numbers I would like to really see

Your right and I would like to see those numbers myself I know the 4 terminals in WV are all E. They flat out lied to everyone here that was one of their sticking points they made it sound like we were going to be bumped up to top pay we voted no and got nothing. The whole time they were lying to us the teamsters never lied who do you think these guys trust now.

Last edited:
I agree and look forward to learning the what/where facts. I wholeheartedly consider it a WIN that some were brought up to par.

Having said that, some did not "qualify", like this one:
UPSF: $27.15
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
Southeastern: $24.48 *NOTE this number is going up due to recently announced raise.
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68
Averritt: Less than FedExFrt.

A calculated strategic decision, NOT based on wages compared to the competition or any cost of living "differential".

Giving them a chance? Never mind. Still biting tongue. Stay positive. Congrats again to those who have seen will see improvement. :clapping:

I agree and look forward to learning the what/where facts. I wholeheartedly consider it a WIN that some were brought up to par.

Southeastern: $24.48 *NOTE this number is going up due to recently announced raise.

A calculated strategic decision, NOT based on wages compared to the competition or any cost of living "differential".

Giving them a chance? Never mind. Still biting tongue. Stay positive. Congrats again to those who have seen will see improvement. :clapping:

They cherry picked the big ones and some smaller they didn't want to go union. The ones I heard that got bumped up all had union activity or pulled petitions.

I don't understand is e the top or bottom. Either way were at bottom scale here.
A is bottom that I don't know of any terminal is on E is top pay. B was 59.997 cents a mile and 22 something a hour. That is where most is at. The question is how many terminals are at the B scale. And what geographic area is that. And its based where the terminal is sitting not where you actually live. So out of 350 terminals how many are at the bottom scale, mid scale, top scale. That's the true picture . some people on here raising hell they got nothing may of already been making more

I'm Independent. Thats what I vote. Someimes D someti
es R. Sometimes 3rd party. Name a right wing politician who isnt afraid to say he supports unions today. Good luck finding one. Money gets in the way of their beliefs. Thats a big national problem.
If the pizza people are Christian they know to expect attacks. If it isnt illegal to stand up they shouldnt. Maybe some should even if corrupt laws make it illegal.
Slave, how do we justify the (supposedly) ultra tolerant left, seeking to destroy a (many) small (and large) business (s), based on their own (left's) inability to tolerate personal beliefs that are counter to their own. Hypocrisy, deceit, it's all there.

Here's one, from a source you'll despise, but true none the less. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/04/03/such_great_news_out_of_indiana

It does have a happy ending though, thanks to that evil right wing. http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

I'm Independent. Thats what I vote. Someimes D someti
es R. Sometimes 3rd party. Name a right wing politician who isnt afraid to say he supports unions today. Good luck finding one.

Police and Firefighters' Unions are often supported by Republican politicians.

Isn't That UPSF wage for current top-scalers and not new hires?

First of all the question was to name a Right Wing politician who supports unions. The unions I mentioned are often supported by numerous Republicans.

Isn't That UPSF wage for current top-scalers and not new hires?
Yes Josefus, that is top scale, AS IS ALL of the COMPETITION WAGES SHOWN.

Would you prefer to compare starting wages? Or perhaps driver trainee wages? Oh but wait, UPSF has no need to hire driver trainees, do they?

As far as I'm concerned, you can scratch UPSF of the friggin list of comparables (Although they are the MOST comparable), and still have a problem. One that is not going away.

FedEx Freight just told us that that wage deficit is perfectly in line with their needs, and will remain that way. If you think any annual (2%?) raise will ever "catch up" to the competition, you would be mistaken.

Try to spin it another way, please! Still biting my tongue, trying to be nice. Nothing personal, 10-4?

Last edited:
They cherry picked the big ones and some smaller they didn't want to go union. The ones I heard that got bumped up all had union activity or pulled petitions.

That is completely untrue, out of the 50+, the only ones that had "union activity" and got a bump were LOU, CIN, (lost votes) NAS, POS, (petitions pulled) and CGT (pending). No "thank you bump" for the company wins in SNW, NEW, PKB, CRW, CKB, NHS. Less then 10% of the centers that had their scale adjusted had any onion dealings the rest were crickets

But interesting to see that neither STK, EPH, SBR nor CLT got a bump. I guess that will be part of any future negotiations, good luck with that one ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.