FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
This is the thread where all Pro or Anti Union can be discussed.

All new Union Topics will be merged into this thread

For full-time employees in the UPS/IBT pension
plan, the following enhancements will be implemented:
Effective 1/1/2014:
• After 35 years and any age, retirement
Benefits will be $3,700 per month (up from
$3,500)
• 30 or more years and any age will increase
to $3,200 per month plus $100/yr of service
up to $3700 (up from $3,000)
Effective 1/1/2017:
• 35 years, any age will be $3,900 per month
• 30 years at any age will be $3,400 per
month plus $100/yr of service up to $3,900.

Good pension plan for UPS employees.

Excellent Retiree health care plan too!

I have to wonder if FedEx could offer such a thing. It would be a great benefit. One I didn't even know existed, before researching the truth about Union representation.

This is retiree health care at it's finest:
https://myteamcare.org/ups/newMembers/docs/TeamCareRetireePlanforUPSMembers.pdf

f4oK6iZ.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent Retiree health care plan too!

Good policy if you don't have any MAJOR medical. At $400/month max retiree contribution rate, it's pretty darn cheap for family coverage with such low deductible and co-pays. Dental too. However $200K max coverage per family per year could put you in the poor house in nothing flat if you had a major issue.

I'd rather have a much higher max coverage limit per year, with higher co-pays and deductibles for the normal stuff. After all, in my opinion insurance is there to insure against losses you can not afford to take, not for things you can cover out of pocket.

Shouldn't be much longer until the union topic won't need a spot on the FedEx site. With all of the no votes along with the ones the teamsters have pulled out of due to lack of interest the fire is pretty much out. The 3 terminals that voted yes are the real losers in all of this. While the rest of the company gets raises they won't. In a year it's a no brainer that a revote will be won by FedEx in a landslide at those 3 barns.

Shouldn't be much longer until the union topic won't need a spot on the FedEx site. With all of the no votes along with the ones the teamsters have pulled out of due to lack of interest the fire is pretty much out. The 3 terminals that voted yes are the real losers in all of this. While the rest of the company gets raises they won't. In a year it's a no brainer that a revote will be won by FedEx in a landslide at those 3 barns.
If that was really the case you wouldn't still be here beating your company drum. After all a man of your stature certainly has much better things to do than hang out on a bb with the drones who do the work that pays your salary, right?

If that was really the case you wouldn't still be here beating your company drum. After all a man of your stature certainly has much better things to do than hang out on a bb with the drones who do the work that pays your salary, right?
He has no clue. Those 3 centers get everything or its called a ULP.

I will beat my anti union drum until there is no fire at all to help save FedEx from the teamsters noose. Probably been a "driver" longer than you have. By the way is ABF gonna have any more paycuts for you guys? The last ones still in effect isn't it?

Careful, all that needs to happen is a strong gust of wind and the dying embers are red hot, starting another inferno.

If the movement fails the real losers will be the IBT, those Teamsters at other carriers will see their beloved union weaken even further.

The possible winners if the movement fails will be everyone at FedEx as well as FedEx IF the company reacts in a positive way to the past threat. Happy employees are productive employees.

Careful, all that needs to happen is a strong gust of wind and the dying embers are red hot, starting another inferno.

If the movement fails the real losers will be the IBT, those Teamsters at other carriers will see their beloved union weaken even further.

The possible winners if the movement fails will be everyone at FedEx as well as FedEx IF the company reacts in a positive way to the past threat. Happy employees are productive employees.

Like I've said before be patient grasshopper I do believe good things are coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.