R&L | They're Here!

chickenwing

TB Lurker
Credits
They have officially arrived. Has any of the L/H drivers looked at the fax machine in the the truck lately? They now have a button for Linehaul. Push that button and you'll see...

Depart Terminal
Arrive at Slip
Depart Slip
Arrive at Terminal

HAG started using theirs on Tuesday.

:ranting2::ranting::mad::chairshot:

Wonder if they have any place for us to enter "waiting on paperwork".

That way when I'm 2 hours late leaving the yard, I won't have to explain to the night shift super why I'm 2 hours late getting back.

Wonder if they have any place for us to enter "waiting on paperwork".

That way when I'm 2 hours late leaving the yard, I won't have to explain to the night shift super why I'm 2 hours late getting back.
they still won't believe you had to wait 4 hrs at break terminal.

They were telling us that they were going to have those "shortly" at orientation in Wilmington--in February 1992. Instead, we ended up using our cell phones. My phone at the time was a Sprint digital only--which meant it wouldn't work in the hick towns. They wanted a call from every stop, and biatched at me when I didn't call each time. Not all docks have phones back there, and they didn't understand that I couldn't stop a 60-foot vehicle just anywhere I saw a pay phone. Even though I couldn't call each time, I burned up so many cell minutes it was ridiculous.

A call from every stop?!? Yeah, right!! Not me, Jack.

Do they want freight delivered or do they want me to hang on the damn phone all day?

Barring returns, they get 3 calls from me, one from my half way point to see if I have any pickups yet, one 2-3 hours later, and one when I get done.

They have officially arrived. Has any of the L/H drivers looked at the fax machine in the the truck lately? They now have a button for Linehaul. Push that button and you'll see...

Depart Terminal
Arrive at Slip
Depart Slip
Arrive at Terminal

HAG started using theirs on Tuesday.

:ranting2::ranting::mad::chairshot:

I wonder if the ones that do full turns, and those of us that do weekend runs need to use those?

Must be new fax machines... We have the one's with a scanner and a on/off switch.... It'll be a few years for us to worry about it in the mid-west..........

Well, since I don't even have a fax in my truck, I guess I can not worry 'bout it.
I don't even think it has the power cord wired into it.

Incorrect date

Sorry, I was thinking about something else. My last post in this thread should have read that they were telling us these things were coming shortly at orientation--in February 2002, not 1992.