ABF | This ABF'er is voting NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

abfgreasemonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
Not sure how the rest of you feel but the idea of the IBT trying to ram the YRC deal down our throats pi$$es me off!! What is the harm in them sitting down with ABF and seeing what ABF brings to the table? heck it may be a better deal for us than the crap they worked out with YRC. I have already read enough in the proposed YRC deal for me to vote no anyway.

As some of you know I work in the shop so the changes ABF is seeking from the drivers is a little cloudy to me but I do understand that SOME changes are needed for ABF to be able to compete with the other union and non-union lines.

Heres hoping both sides will swallow some pride and sit down together and start talking

Not sure how the rest of you feel but the idea of the IBT trying to ram the YRC deal down our throats pi$$es me off!! What is the harm in them sitting down with ABF and seeing what ABF brings to the table? heck it may be a better deal for us than the crap they worked out with YRC. I have already read enough in the proposed YRC deal for me to vote no anyway.

As some of you know I work in the shop so the changes ABF is seeking from the drivers is a little cloudy to me but I do understand that SOME changes are needed for ABF to be able to compete with the other union and non-union lines.

Heres hoping both sides will swallow some pride and sit down together and start talking

Swallowing pride is not the issue. The issue is respect. While the company continues to enforce their chain-gang like rules, the disciplinary letters and verbal abuse is never ending.

For an example, a driver works 26 or 27 continuous tours of duty and asks for time off, and the dispatcher or load coordinator tells you NO, because you have exceeded the 12 maximum, and if you do take the time off you are subject to disciplinary action, how would you feel? You get a delay of freight letter for taking a half hour nap to keep from driving off the road asleep. How is that for incentive to be safe?

This happens every week in Chicago. The ironic thing is the company does not think they are getting their moneys worth sucking the life blood from us. I for one am sick and tired of this crap.

How can you trust management that pisses all over your brothers and sisters all the time.
You really cannot.

My Union representatives will do the bargaining for me. Trying to second guess the negotiators is not wise.

I am not trying to win your vote. I just think that this contract is okay. I would not trust the companies motive for trying to get their own deal. Every time the get new agreements, they bastardize every syllable, in order to screw the employees. This isnt Stubblefields company any more. Trucker Bobs boys will have to answer for the continuous beatings from the last year and a half.

I was unaware that the your shop was Teamsters. Do you mechanics sign onto the NMFA? Just curious.

And where in the proposed contract does it address the issue you just raised about the disciplinary letters? the only thing I see in there is the fact tat they want to take away frieght from the roaad drivers so maybe you will spend more time at home with no pay!

United we Stand Divided we Fall

And where in the proposed contract does it address the issue you just raised about the disciplinary letters? the only thing I see in there is the fact tat they want to take away frieght from the roaad drivers so maybe you will spend more time at home with no pay!
Exactly what ABF wants for you to fill sorry for Bob Davidson and all his high paid CEO"s and think that the Union doen't want to negotiate! If you don't think what they have agreed to with TMI is good try working for a NonUnion company where they LIE to you about everything make you pay for your own Insurance your own retirement and NO VOICE! NO Protection. Why don't all us ABF "Teamster brothers stand up and tell BOB D. to stop the BULL and sign the contract and stop playing games!!! at the abfatwork site!!!:chairshot:

Exactly what ABF wants for you to fill sorry for Bob Davidson and all his high paid CEO"s and think that the Union doen't want to negotiate! If you don't think what they have agreed to with TMI is good try working for a NonUnion company where they LIE to you about everything make you pay for your own Insurance your own retirement and NO VOICE! NO Protection. Why don't all us ABF "Teamster brothers stand up and tell BOB D. to stop the BULL and sign the contract and stop playing games!!! at the abfatwork site!!!:chairshot:

I have worked for several non-union carriers in the past and I know the lies go BOTH ways!! I hope you don't believe everything that comes out of the unions mouth, as I don't believe everything that comes out of eithers mouth. But I do know for a fact that ABF has tried several times to sit down with the IBT and work out their own contract, just what the heck is the IBT scared of?

Swallowing pride is not the issue. The issue is respect. While the company continues to enforce their chain-gang like rules, the disciplinary letters and verbal abuse is never ending.

For an example, a driver works 26 or 27 continuous tours of duty and asks for time off, and the dispatcher or load coordinator tells you NO, because you have exceeded the 12 maximum, and if you do take the time off you are subject to disciplinary action, how would you feel? You get a delay of freight letter for taking a half hour nap to keep from driving off the road asleep. How is that for incentive to be safe?

This happens every week in Chicago. The ironic thing is the company does not think they are getting their moneys worth sucking the life blood from us. I for one am sick and tired of this crap.

How can you trust management that pisses all over your brothers and sisters all the time.
You really cannot.

My Union representatives will do the bargaining for me. Trying to second guess the negotiators is not wise.

I am not trying to win your vote. I just think that this contract is okay. I would not trust the companies motive for trying to get their own deal. Every time the get new agreements, they bastardize every syllable, in order to screw the employees. This isnt Stubblefields company any more. Trucker Bobs boys will have to answer for the continuous beatings from the last year and a half.

I was unaware that the your shop was Teamsters. Do you mechanics sign onto the NMFA? Just curious.

Yes our shops are teamsters

And as I stated in another post,I do not buy into everything the company say's,but by the same token I don't buy into everything the IBT has to say either as I have been lied to and burned by BOTH parties.

I have worked for several non-union carriers in the past and I know the lies go BOTH ways!! I hope you don't believe everything that comes out of the unions mouth, as I don't believe everything that comes out of eithers mouth. But I do know for a fact that ABF has tried several times to sit down with the IBT and work out their own contract, just what the heck is the IBT scared of?

First of all these butt wipes have been negotiating the dang contract for the last year, through propaganda that we've had to endure through required participation.

IBT aint scared of nobody.

They want their own contract?

They want their own pension?

EFFUM, they aint gettin either.

Padlock the GD gate, we'll go find another job, because a job would be an improvement. This ahole has turned this career into a prison sentence. Maybe life is good down in the south. Here in Chicago, sucks.

You are a mechanic arent ya?

I think the way to get the job done is to beat the dang horse into oblivion, and then wonder why he wont pull the cart. DUH

As some of you know I work in the shop so the changes ABF is seeking from the drivers is a little cloudy to me but I do understand that SOME changes are needed for ABF to be able to compete with the other union and non-union lines.QUOTE]

I didnt know mechanics voted on freight contracts.

I think the way to get the job done is to beat the dang horse into oblivion, and then wonder why he wont pull the cart. DUH

If you hate ABF so much then why do you stay? I for one would never ever go to a job everyday that I was that miserable!

you have a NMFA now that you are working under and yet you are absolutley miserable!!?

If you hate ABF so much then why do you stay? I for one would never ever go to a job everyday that I was that miserable!

you have a NMFA now that you are working under and yet you are absolutley miserable!!?

Yeah I am miserable, I have three feckin months to go and I am outta here. The younger guys are gettin beat up, and it aint fair. I might stick around longer just to coach these guys to help fight the king of brinker and his braindead flunkys.

This aint the same company it was three years ago since trucker bob took over. he needs to go back to dale carnegie and take some classes how to win friends and influence people.

No where does this agreement address the letters. I alluded to the fact that this is an exceptional way to create an atmosphere of cooperation. I believe that if this agreement does not pass the first time, and ABF holds out for their own individual contract, this very well could be the beginning of the end.

The management seems to forget the bread and butter of this business, has nothing to do with food. They also neglect to realize this is not 1965, meaning todays generation is not a 65 to 70 hour per week machine, that needs no maintenance.

Without the full cooperation and dedication of the drivers, dockmen, and yard workers, this company will never reach its' full potential.

Chicago has managed to cultivate an organization of angry laborers, who can clearly see that there is no reason to do their best, because of the continual reminder that every wrong move is "subject to discipline".

And that is fine. This is their prerogative. Our prerogative is to obtain, and regain RESPECT in the workplace and we intend to get it through the NMFA, and work rules revisions.

I don't think the previous poster is as much angry with ABF, as much as he is the management here.

He has a right to be upset. We have 250 road drivers and a majority of city drivers who are tired of the "rules game". It will soon be our turn. We intend to make our turn at their game one they will never forget, as they have done for us on their wake of terror.

My point exactly. If this is W. Kemps way to secure productivity, as since the days of the Old Testament, time and time again proven, does not work.

So you know for Sure

So you know for sure that the Union is playing the game and Abf is trying to sit at the table? You must be a negotiater for the company or the union that you know it's the unions fault!!!are we not still part of the nmfa ? they have a contract and abf wants us out!! of everything that he has secured a loan with his investers to try to buy us out of the teamsters pension!!shame on you and bob d.for wanting us to have a 401k :nutkick:

So you know for sure that the Union is playing the game and Abf is trying to sit at the table? You must be a negotiater for the company or the union that you know it's the unions fault!!!are we not still part of the nmfa ? they have a contract and abf wants us out!! of everything that he has secured a loan with his investers to try to buy us out of the teamsters pension!!shame on you and bob d.for wanting us to have a 401k :nutkick:

Please show me any letter or statement where ABF has said that their pension idea is a 401k? As far as the teamster pension fund, I hope you don't belong to Central States and expect it to be there in 10 years

Contract Supplements

I assumed that most of you knew that the shop personnel were teamsters at many terminals. Little Rock shop which is the largest in the system is 100% teamsters excluding of course management. Mechanics, partsmen & servicemen are teamsters.
At some locations I understand that the mechanics are AFLCIO/Machinists union. The Albuquerque shop I understand is split. The mechanics are machinists & servicemen are teamsters. If that is not correct someone please let me know. I have heard that the KC & St. Louis shops are split also.
Mechanics are no less a teamster than drivers, dock etc. I would like to see less farm out at other locations & more teamsters in the shop. We are losing many dues paying members by allowing the company to outsource work that is not warranty.
The mechanics are under the same NMFA as others but with a garage supplement. The mechanics that have CDLs follow the same rules & regulations as all drivers. The pay is hourly while driving.
I think that the more we understand each other the more that we can unite.

show me the money

Please show me any letter or statement where ABF has said that their pension idea is a 401k? As far as the teamster pension fund, I hope you don't belong to Central States and expect it to be there in 10 years

Then please tell me why they have not told you or any one how they want to do it???

I"ve been here before. The company will promise you the better life and then when you let them do it there way it's too late. You can't go back.

I see this as a good deal for all of us. I vote yes:1036316054:

What information would you like to share that we don't have, concerning the future viability of the CSPF. As I last read, they were going to top 75% funding. Please don't tell me that you were simply restating unsubstantiated innuendo? That just wouldn't be right.