XPO | This Is Our Insurance At Work

A fellow worker here at conway told me,he went to the doctor the told him he would knock 30%off his bill if he did not use cigna, because it so hard to get money out of them.

Con-way values have spilled over into the health services, I couldn't imagine why. It is so nice that our government has let insurance companies just be about making money & not about healthcare.

That is Cigna's core value. DENY DENY DENY. The child who died in the above mentioned article may not have lived a long fruitful life with the transplant. However, that is besides the point. The family paid their medical premiums on the policy and deserved to have the services for their child.

You guys need to watch....

The movie Sicko, by Michael Moore. Cigna is mentioned a lot in that documentary. This isnt the first time Ciga has murdered someone. Watch the movie it will pee you off in a bad way.

If You Really Want To Know

Cigna-CON-way and a host of others set on each others boards and they talk just like we talk, but the difference is that they will act on things like raising the amount that you pay for whatever. If everyone would go back to the first page of the CON-way forum and read all the information that was put out, it might be an eye opener, then again most will say that those guys do not know what they are talking about. No one person can change things, untill everyone gets on the same page, and if you really want to change things then read the entire forum and then we will get together and start the change for good. Untill then I will keep doing what I do will a 776 at 3500 yards. Readers will become leaders as the saying goes.

Con-way values have spilled over into the health services, I couldn't imagine why. It is so nice that our government has let insurance companies just be about making money & not about healthcare.

I just recieved my new Cigna cards in mail. Look, 80% instead of last years 85% major med, $400 deductible instead of the $300 last year and I'm sure there will be a lot of hidden suprises in their coverage for the 08 year. I sure miss the $50 deductible a month days of old. I think it was 1988,yea=newbies last century, my youngest, at the time 12, had emergency appendectomy ,$6000, and I paid $50 and I had a claim that month and since the monthly ded. had been met no cost to me. I laugh when I talk to the newer guys or read on the forum"you old guys sure ***** a lot, and i can't understand why"
Hey, Happy and Safe New Year to All! Wizard.

In only one year of our lives, my family had astronomical medical costs due to a tough to beat and fatal disease. That was the early ninties and I was VERY pleased with our health insurance.

We beat the disease and I am greatful we had the resources to take on that fight.

Today, I pay more per month on standard getting-a-little-older health care issues than I did that whole year. And that is just one reason I agreed to join CCX was their compensatory package that most call benefits.

I never added those big bad bills up but I do know that they topped $150K. And today they annualy total around $4K with our crhonic yet need to be treated health issues that are associated with age.

I pray we stay healthy.

In only one year of our lives, my family had astronomical medical costs due to a tough to beat and potentialy fatal disease. That was the early nineties and I was VERY pleased with our health insurance.

I sold Conway to anyone that would listen.

We beat the disease and I am grateful we had the resources to take on that fight.

Today, I pay more per month on standard getting-a-little-older health care issues than I did that whole year. And that is just one reason I agreed to join CCX was their compensatory package that most call benefits.

I never added those big bad bills up but I do know that they topped $100K. And today they annually total around $4K with our chronic yet need to be treated health issues that are associated with age. But to reiterate - I pay substantially more.

I pray we stay healthy.

Cigna Does Suck Hmo Also Big Loser

I have said it a many times, on here that Cigna sucks and thier ppo and hmo plans are crap. now that the liittle girl has died from Cigna's denial over a transplant , i hope they cigna lose thier A @@HOLES, , WHO DO THEy THINK THEY ARE PLAYING GOD WITH YOUR LIFE , CONWAY SHOULD DO AWAY WITH CIGNA PERIOD. AND FIND ANOTHER INSURER BESIDES kaiser. THEY CAN FIND SOME ONE BETTER

Cigna is notorious for denying treatment, claims and especially multi billing you. Seems as if they work against you in your time of need.

They also like to fight and challenge you on the phone when you call them.

Con-way and Cigna should stop sleeping together and switch providers.

If you guys are having trouble call your HIPPA coordinator and demand help.

I just recieved my new Cigna cards in mail. Look, 80% instead of last years 85% major med, $400 deductible instead of the $300 last year and I'm sure there will be a lot of hidden suprises in their coverage for the 08 year. I sure miss the $50 deductible a month days of old. I think it was 1988,yea=newbies last century, my youngest, at the time 12, had emergency appendectomy ,$6000, and I paid $50 and I had a claim that month and since the monthly ded. had been met no cost to me. I laugh when I talk to the newer guys or read on the forum"you old guys sure ***** a lot, and i can't understand why"
Hey, Happy and Safe New Year to All! Wizard.
Check the co-pay for in and out of network. Capped at $18,000. But hey this only costs me $7 a week now instead of 1%. What a deal. Press on

I have said it a many times, on here that Cigna sucks and thier ppo and hmo plans are crap. now that the liittle girl has died from Cigna's denial over a transplant , i hope they cigna lose thier A @@HOLES, , WHO DO THEy THINK THEY ARE PLAYING GOD WITH YOUR LIFE , CONWAY SHOULD DO AWAY WITH CIGNA PERIOD. AND FIND ANOTHER INSURER BESIDES kaiser. THEY CAN FIND SOME ONE BETTER
What company do you think we should go with? They are all For-Profit companies. They're all going to cut corners to keep up with the other companies and make the shareholders happy.

come on guys conway is looking out for our best interest. The drivers are there number 1 priority and we get only the best of everything. you dont think they would give us crappy insurance just to save a buck do you. hahaha just vote yes

come on guys conway is looking out for our best interest. The drivers are there number 1 priority and we get only the best of everything. you dont think they would give us crappy insurance just to save a buck do you. hahaha just vote yes

$80.00 out of pocket for a 30 day supply of medication from walgreens yesterday .My vote ----yes!!!!!!!!

Yes, I just had a new and improved experience with some prescriptions that I will have to work a lot of extra hours to pay for. And I was angry over these enhancements, - after all, we are The Corporation's number one competitive asset.

As I stood there at the pharmacy counter, swearing under my breath, I couldn't get mad at Medco, but I did get angry at Conway and those that make these decisions for us. It's Conway that will pay only substandard rates for health care and it is Cigna/Medco that will do what they can with those rates and still make a profit.

There is no doubt in my mind that Cigna/Medco would be more than happy to provide a higher degree of benefit if they were compensated at an appropriate level. Conway sez "sell me cheap stuff" so they sell us cheap stuff. If Cigna/Medco were really to blame, and The Corporation cared, they would have changed insurer's long ago.

I would suggest that if you are unhappy, as I am, with our coverage, then look to Conway.

As we watch our health care decay further, let me report that my 30 day script for Previcid was refused at the Pharmacy per Medco. It seems that this particular drug requires precertification and that, my friends, takes 5 to 7 days. She said that I can still pay cash price since I have a script.

On another note, my wife has been taking Nexium for some time. Our out of pocket on this popular drug, which by the way was suggested by Medco as an alternate for my Previcid, just increased from $40/90 days to $174/90 days.

We both need these drugs to prevent precancerous cells from developing in our esophagus and to sleep at night. In addition, we have enhanced our advancing years with other health issues such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Totaled, our out of pocket for existing prescriptions alone is going up to $280/mo! Ten years ago this number was fixed at $10 per script/90days. And I understand that tho these ailments are not major, there are those that suffer much more as we post.

If you suffer a major illness or trauma today, you are screwed. And I call this a pay cut.

Okay, I guess brass tacks are in order;

My costs for my currant scripts ten years ago would have been 5 X $10 = $50/90 days.

Today my costs are $280 X 3mos. = $840/90 days.

(I know: roundabout way to get there but these numbers are accurate.)

Is my math wrong or is that a 1680% increase in my costs. Our could this be described as decrease in our compensation?

Follow the flow

Follow the flow of the money and you will find out who sleeps with who. It has been said on this forum and in everyday talk with people, that things could be changed if we would all get on the same page. The health coverage sucks to say it in a nice way. If and only if, the workers will start to agree and act upon the issues that face us, will things start to change. Some of us tried to get everyone`s attention on this subject serveral years ago, but we were told that we had a mental problem and we needed special help with our problem, so we went to the doctor and got a scrip and were denid by CIGNA. The only way to change things is to act on them and not stand by and hope someone else will step up to the plate. Sorry about the lost the family had, but that will be in court for years to come. And after they settle the people on here with still be complaining about the health coverage and still not do nothing about it.