TForce | This is what our trailers will look like.

I thought UPS didn't sell their old equipment except for scrap. I thought everything went to the shredder. You don't see any old UPS package cars roaming around with somebody else's name on them, no matter the color.I
I would think that selling the whole company would be much different than just selling off old equipment that needed replaced. Who would buy a national trucking company with no equipment?

I would think that selling the whole company would be much different than just selling off old equipment that needed replaced. Who would buy a national trucking company with no equipment?
It's no secret they are amazed and appalled at the equipment we have and the maintenance program for a supposed top tier Company. Our safety dept., or lack of one is high on the list for attention.
In the very near future we can expect to be "counseled" on all those beeps and chirps we have been ignoring for years. Hard braking events, exceeding posted speed limits, extended periods of following too close, lane deviation. I've been shown one of the daily reports the Wingman on a Volvo generates, they might as well have someone riding along, it is pretty specific. I was told while it is not in our contract to be able to discipline on electronic means only, it will identify who needs "further" observation and training.
There is a new Sheriff in town.

It's no secret they are amazed and appalled at the equipment we have and the maintenance program for a supposed top tier Company. Our safety dept., or lack of one is high on the list for attention.
In the very near future we can expect to be "counseled" on all those beeps and chirps we have been ignoring for years. Hard braking events, exceeding posted speed limits, extended periods of following too close, lane deviation. I've been shown one of the daily reports the Wingman on a Volvo generates, they might as well have someone riding along, it is pretty specific. I was told while it is not in our contract to be able to discipline on electronic means only, it will identify who needs "further" observation and training.
Not surprised. Its called a return on investment. They definitely want to keep their insurance costs down. Heard they were buying KW's with all the bells and whistles. Didn't hear anything about Volvo's. Would rather drive a Volvo anyday.

I like my Volvo, put a better seat in it and it would suit me fine.
Predominantly K W, some Freightliners, maybe a Pete.
Takes a while to build 1200 trucks to spec, we shall see.
PLEASE PUT A BETTER SEAT IN ANYTHING. That's all I ask...

That's the same B.S. I heard from UPS.
Meetings, training, safety depts don't make a penny of profit.
Money is made picking up and delivering freight.

True, those things themselves don't make a profit but they have the potential of reducing losses which is just as good for the bottom line as increasing profits.

46 mph, may not be too far off for you guys either?

It comes down to insurance. I can't imagine the premiums for a large fleet.
I am sure with the latest safety BS that is available on todays vehicles the savings must be incredible.
A few years ago a friend of mine had a small Company, 4 owned, 3 leased tractors, one of his drivers was backing in off a street and a car underrode the trailer. The car driver sued and his attorney used the "vehicle not equipped with the latest available safety devices" that would have "prevented" his client from striking the trailer. That equipment was the reflective tape that is on the trailers now, it wasn't required then, but was "readily available for upgrade". The jury agreed and cost a buttload of cash.

It comes down to insurance. I can't imagine the premiums for a large fleet.
I am sure with the latest safety BS that is available on todays vehicles the savings must be incredible.
A few years ago a friend of mine had a small Company, 4 owned, 3 leased tractors, one of his drivers was backing in off a street and a car underrode the trailer. The car driver sued and his attorney used the "vehicle not equipped with the latest available safety devices" that would have "prevented" his client from striking the trailer. That equipment was the reflective tape that is on the trailers now, it wasn't required then, but was "readily available for upgrade". The jury agreed and cost a buttload of cash.
The fact is it is illegal in almost all area's to back a vehicle up from a traveled portion of a road. Yet, this is what the company expects drivers to do.
Its all B.S. A waste of my time and company profits.