R&L | Time for a Flatbed with a Moffet

R&L_PHI

TB Lurker
Credits
We could keep at least 2 guys busy everyday at our terminal.....I get about 3-4 flatbed deliveries a week.....which always tie me up for about an hour each time....always loaded in the nose of trailer and they never go to a place with a dock. If you're lucky the consignee will have a Huge excavator and some chains to drag it to the rear and add some more ruts to my trailer floor. Just assign one driver to only run the flatbed. He will be the richest driver at the terminal. We're long overdue for this equipment and can't believe we dont have them already. Anything,Anywhere,Anytime requires the right equipment to do the job...

Totally agree. Ive been saying this for years. Only difference is I have been saying a curtain side, not regular flat.

Either or, but definitely something with a Moffet on back.....Most of the injuries at our terminal are from overweight and over length pallets goin to residentials. If we are gonna own the market in the ridiculous stuff people buy online, we need to have the proper equipment to handle it.....

Not a bad idea. Only problem is, these dock dummies can't even load vans right. I ain't about to trust one of these yahoos to load a flatbed.

as a flatbed driver, you load your own freight. at least I do. wouldn"t leave it up to a dock guy to do it, cause I would just have to redo it anyway. believe me, if you do go flatbed, you are going to get some strange stuff to haul in this LTL biz, but you will stay busy.