Estes | Time frame

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Has anybody heard or know anything of a time this problem might be fixed. A lot of workers especially lowers senority ones are sitting and wondering whats going on and how they are going to make it. Not a lot being said from Estes. Some communication would be nice.

Webb put out a video today saying we were still in business and we will come back from this etc etc, that he was glad to see folks working together via other platforms to help internal and external customers. I worked 2 days this week. I know many that didn’t work any days. I did hear AS400 was back up for internal use but customers still don’t want to ship without being able to track shipments and frankly I don’t blame them.

Webb put out a video today saying we were still in business and we will come back from this etc etc, that he was glad to see folks working together via other platforms to help internal and external customers. I worked 2 days this week. I know many that didn’t work any days. I did hear AS400 was back up for internal use but customers still don’t want to ship without being able to track shipments and frankly I don’t blame them.
Estes posted something on X (Twitter ) today about progress. Most commenters it could take a full month b/4 everything is back to normal. It a slow process to go thru everything to make sure its safe to use.

IMG_6393.md.jpeg
I don’t know what this means but I guess it’s progress. All the phones are still down. Tracking or not, if I can’t call the terminal or the 800 number I wouldn’t ship anything either. I’m surprised we’re as busy as we are.
Today they were able to generate manifest numbers for linehaul. My run canceled today but they found something else for me to do. I went to two other terminals and both of them were expecting me, which was an improvement from earlier this week.

IMG_6393.md.jpeg
I don’t know what this means but I guess it’s progress. All the phones are still down. Tracking or not, if I can’t call the terminal or the 800 number I wouldn’t ship anything either. I’m surprised we’re as busy as we are.
Today they were able to generate manifest numbers for linehaul. My run canceled today but they found something else for me to do. I went to two other terminals and both of them were expecting me, which was an improvement from earlier this week.
EDI standards for electronic data interchange. It allows inter company exchange of messages between each other such as shipment status, pickup requests and other data. Since organizations use all different kinds of computer applications EDI allows for information to be transferred between them.

Same here. I dont have money like Webb and the people who i owe could care less they just want their money.

It would be better to let some draw unemployment instead of working just 2 days and let others have a whole week. I think the pay would be more than just a 2 day work week. I could be wrong on this. Just thinking it be better for the workers to be able to pay their bills.

It would be better to let some draw unemployment instead of working just 2 days and let others have a whole week. I think the pay would be more than just a 2 day work week. I could be wrong on this. Just thinking it be better for the workers to be able to pay their bills.
Depends on your state. My state maxes out around $250 a week.

The hackers hit the county school system here in N C.
It was 6 months before it was running right.
I can't see the schools nearly as complicated as running a trucking company.

Depends on your state. My state maxes out around $250 a week.
I believe my state is around $350ish from what I hear from my Holland buddies. At least it would free your time up plus prod the company a bit to not starve half the guys out. I know of a few extraboard guys (not from my terminal) that were out running good every night last week all week long while so many are sitting home, classic Estes protocol.

I believe my state is around $350ish from what I hear from my Holland buddies. At least it would free your time up plus prod the company a bit to not starve half the guys out. I know of a few extraboard guys (not from my terminal) that were out running good every night last week all week long while so many are sitting home, classic Estes protocol.
I was very fortunate to not miss any days last week. I’m hoping this coming week is better for everyone.

Today phones are up in most terminals out west. Everything from what I am hearing it will take another 7/10 days to get rest of it back. Scheduled drivers are running 4 days a week, and we have 0 extra board drivers in our barn.