Tip leads Border Patrol to 14 people smuggled inside sleeper berth

A

Ashley

339092237_974544576874177_3957488371347271706_n-600x450.jpeg

This week, Border Patrol agents in Texas put a stop to a human smuggling attempt after receiving a call about a suspicious tractor trailer.

The incident occurred on Wednesday, March 29, north of Laredo, Texas, according to a news release from US Border Patrol Laredo Sector.

339106742_525195929795527_1861895146522739480_n.jpeg

Border Patrol agents with the Laredo Sector received a call from a “concerned citizen” about a semi truck possibly being used in a human smuggling operation.

Officers located and stopped the semi truck on I-35 near mile marker 36.

When the truck came to a stop, the truck driver fled into the brush.

Border Patrol searched the cab of the semi truck and discovered 14 people inside the sleeper area.

Border Patrol says that the people found in the cab were in the U.S. illegally from El Salvador, Honduras, and Mexico. All fourteen people were taken into custody for processing.

Continue reading...

Talk about double stacking? 14 in the sleeper, has to be a record.
No chance Big R! Got stopped coming out of Irvine one night on I 5 in CA with a single cab 95 Ford Ranger. CHP apparently knew what was up, I did not. Single cab Ford Ranger with 16, Sixteen adult border jumpers in the tiny bed of that vehicle under a tarp. I had seen a head peek out just before the stop. Said to myself, nah you're just still waking up! I woke up!

No chance Big R! Got stopped coming out of Irvine one night on I 5 in CA with a single cab 95 Ford Ranger. CHP apparently knew what was up, I did not. Single cab Ford Ranger with 16, Sixteen adult border jumpers in the tiny bed of that vehicle under a tarp. I had seen a head peek out just before the stop. Said to myself, nah you're just still waking up! I woke up!
I was not driving the Ranger BTW, but CHP Saw fit to pull a set over with the suspects. They told me why, not worth getting into.

Maybe they were going to an XFL game to fill seats, so it looks like there are actually people in the stands?