Yellow | To all the people that moved in this merge:

yellowtooner

TB Lurker
Credits
Are all the people that moved working? I was just wondering about the people that moved that might not be working, waiting for calls in a strange place without their families or homes.

at 509 I got 8 trips in out of the last 10 days. Things seem to be going much better here in Dallas. They are calling us on rest this week. Good luck to all. I think I made the right decision by coming to Dallas!

Nope, I moved from Maine to Chicago and I haven't worked once. It sucks because since I am on the active seniority list and can't collect unemployment. Why can't they throw me a bone and lay me off until the get the computers fixed and get me on the road???:Flame-On:

Nope, I moved from Maine to Chicago and I haven't worked once. It sucks because since I am on the active seniority list and can't collect unemployment. Why can't they throw me a bone and lay me off until the get the computers fixed and get me on the road???:Flame-On:
I don't know who you have to file unemployment through since you have only been in Illinois such a short time, But its been so slow for me the past few weeks that I filed anyway and have my waiting week in and I haven't been laid off. If things keep up like this I think I'll be collecting unemployment soon.

yea you don't have to be on layoff to get unemployment, you just have to show your not getting any income and you qualify for unemployment. Also don't go the doctor cause your insurance ain't getting paid if you don't work at least 1 day in the week that you seek medical.

worked 2 of 3 trips last week, 1 of 3 so far this week, should still get 2 more runs this week, in nebraska

That's true here too....you don't have to be laid off, you can collect unemployment if your hours have been cut, up to the maximum amount you qualify for (here it's $390..not much but better than nothing at all). Where is everybody not working staying? Did you all get hotels or what?

You might want check with unemployment to see if the time off would count as your waiting week?? I know when I was on the list but not working they would allow us to file for unemployment benifits after the first week.

You might want check with unemployment to see if the time off would count as your waiting week?? I know when I was on the list but not working they would allow us to file for unemployment benifits after the first week.

Unemployment couldn't care less whether or not you're on the seniority list or whether or not you're on layoff status. If you didn't work that's the only qualification for possible benefits.

Bid'd, moved, clocked in on 3/2, letter of layoff at end of shift on 3/6. I might get 30 hours in as casual this week.

I'm hoping we learn the new tracking system asap. Being on layoff I'll be behind that curve. I'm working some P&D and some utility, two machines, two methods, same network.
Once we get moving smoothly work will pick up (I'm told).
My fear isn't YRC, new methods are easy. I fear the burden's government is placing on companies and our families.
Enforcing safety is necessary. Taxing production/capital (labor fits into both) is a death blow. Imagine how much better you could protect your family and help your neighbor if you had no income tax burden. For every $100 government takes in $75 of it is lost through administration costs.

"Ludwig von Mises's rule: the first job of an economist is to tell governments what they cannot do."
What is Austrian Economics

Contact every government office[r] that has an effect on your livelihood. Start with your city council. Force them to petition your State and Uncle Sam to soften it's burden.

If you were chosen to replace Zollars what would you be doing to make a profit?

yea you don't have to be on layoff to get unemployment, you just have to show your not getting any income and you qualify for unemployment. Also don't go the doctor cause your insurance ain't getting paid if you don't work at least 1 day in the week that you seek medical.

worked 2 of 3 trips last week, 1 of 3 so far this week, should still get 2 more runs this week, in nebraska

You might want to check on that insurance. I think if you are on the board & available for work, they have to pay your benifits no matter how many trips you get