Yellow | Tomorrow is the deadline according to Axios

Sounds like a disaster from the get-go. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Going from crushing debt, to a more crushing debt, with no freight.
That's it SM. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, robbing Paul to pay Simon, robing Simon to pay Methuselah. Trouble is, Methuselah is a Secret Service agent in the counterfeit and wooden nickel division, and you know what happened after that.

Sometimes the benefit of these bankruptcy proceedings are not obvious until the smoke has cleared. I figured you guys would like the irony of "Next Century Logistics." Wasn't New Century a Jevic company?

Sometimes the benefit of these bankruptcy proceedings are not obvious until the smoke has cleared. I figured you guys would like the irony of "Next Century Logistics." Wasn't New Century a Jevic company?
maybe ask the BirdNest over in Latest Trucking News?

I worked for Jevic. They got bought by Yellow. Harry (owner) got shafted and started New Century. Later, Jevic and Saia combined to form SCS. Then they both got spun off. Jevic to private equity. And you know about SAIA

The people I knew who worked for Jevic loved that company. New Century not so much. I never did get word on why New Century closed up.
I am told mostly Harry grew to fast and took in investors. Lost control. Neither company could survive ELD. Running legal was not encouraged

New Century was a start up by the former owner of Jevic after Yellow laid Jevic to rest..........................................

New Century was a start up by the former owner of Jevic after Yellow laid Jevic to rest..........................................
New Century was started while Jevic was still alive and well. A lot of Harry's disciples followed him. Office, drivers, customers etc

Hoping some news of the winning bidder will break for the weekend..... cmon Cooper!!
Always have hope. I hope it does work out for you guys and gals. I know i when i was laid off from companies in the past it was a hardship for a time. Although i don't agree with everybody on here at times i do wish the best for all. I never want to see people struggle. No matter who we work for we all a brotherhood and sisterhood of trucking. We all sacrifice time, our health, and at times our money. For the most part no matter the company we put up with crap that we shouldn't, but we do to provide for our families. If i worked for Yellow id be wanting a miracle to happen so i could have my job back. Hopefully everybody on this forum wants the best for each and every person.