XPO | Tranfers

The magician

TB Regular
Credits
Just heard a person transferred from xph to my place 2 years ago he had 15 years at xph. He cut a deal to keep all of his senoraty at my terminal he came in with 15 years terminal senoraty anyone ever hear of this before

No. Sounds like some BS. I know a terminal consolidated out here and those drivers were given the option to follow the freight and keep there service rank but that’s it.

He bumped several people out vacation weeks and pto days and he tells everyone
He maintains his amount of pto but foregoes his seniority when bidding. Then again no rules that the company has are contractual or written in stone . Xpo can change them as they see fit .

There was special deals made in about the time of the union drive . There was some real head spinner’s of deals that were made and the company was able to influence votes by Making those deals. I know not Xpo their totally virtuous .I’m not saying your guy was caught up in that at the time of your barns union drive but he was not in support of unionization. Who know’s nothing was out of the realm of possibility in that period of time . The company got caught by the labor board and penalized over it but there was a lot of they got away with.

What does the handbook say about transfers? If anything different happened than what’s in the book, call the hotline.

Just heard a person transferred from xph to my place 2 years ago he had 15 years at xph. He cut a deal to keep all of his senoraty at my terminal he came in with 15 years terminal senoraty anyone ever hear of this before
from my understand when you don't follow freight. You keep you company seniority but go to the bottom list at that barn when it comes to bids for job and vacation. When it comes to layoff they go by company seniority. The same thing happens when a DW becomes a driver and vice versa

What does the handbook say about transfers? If anything different happened than what’s in the book, call the hotline.
Some words have changed since 2018 but still the same requirements are required before appoval. This is out of the current book.

Employees may transfer after all the following conditions are met:
• The employee applies to the open position in the Company’s applicant tracking system;
• The employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the requested position, with or without accommodation;
• The employee’s current manager approves the transfer; and
• The manager at the requested location interviews the employee and approves the transfer.

* When more than one transfer request is made for an available position, the most suitable candidate will be selected for the position among all qualified internal and external applicants.
*A transferred employee will be assigned a new location service rank for the purpose of job selection and PTO selection, which will be the first day the employee works at the new location. On their first day at the new location, he transferred employee will be senior to all supplemental employees and junior to the bottom full-time employees.
*This establishes the selection order that will be used during subsequent job and PTO selection processes. In addition, the employee will be placed on the pay plan that’s in effect at the requested location. The employee will retain their original company service rank date for all other purposes.
* When a transfer is granted to an employee from another service center or location, the selected employee will be given a reasonable amount of time to transfer and commence work at the new location. Typically, this time period is two weeks, but it may be extended by the VP of HR
*The Company reserves the right to grant immediate approval mof transfer requests to employees who are not otherwise eligible under this policy

No. Sounds like some BS. I know a terminal consolidated out here and those drivers were given the option to follow the freight and keep there service rank but that’s it.
I need to take my like back. I followed work in 1995 I think. I maintained everything. We were all dove-tailed. I stayed about 28 days and transferred back to my original terminal. I maintained everything. I was dove-tailed again. If I had stayed CCX would have paid my moving expenses. I had 30 days to decide to stay when I transferred.

Again of the rules can be changed or modified at any time and any reason or no given reason . If the company goes against its own policy and it‘s not to your liking what are you going to do ? You have no legal recourse. None. In this particular example of seniority ,what are his fellow employees going to do about it if the company says too bad it’s our decision.

Last edited:
Someone maintaining his seniority and being dove-tailed if not following work would not be tolerated at my old barn. At one time Our TM changed how we did vacation picks. He made it two boards. A rode board and a city board. Instead of one board starting with the senior person no matter if your road or city. Our regional HR person was at our barn because someone was receiving a 2 million mile award. I told him what was going on. He looked at me and said, Oh no. we run one board. He walked to the office and told the TM to run vacation as one board.

Someone maintaining his seniority and being dove-tailed if not following work would not be tolerated at my old barn. At one time Our TM changed how we did vacation picks. He made it two boards. A rode board and a city board. Instead of one board starting with the senior person no matter if your road or city. Our regional HR person was at our barn because someone was receiving a 2 million mile award. I told him what was going on. He looked at me and said, Oh no. we run one board. He walked to the office and told the TM to run vacation as one board.
It is amazing how many TM’ s go rouge and do their own thing when it comes to this stuff . Can actually say all the TM’s we had over the years each has had their own take on how vacation bids are done. It’s been common goal amongst them to try to give lower seniority guys a foot up one way or another in the vacation bidding process. It’s my take they have been trying to retain middle to lower seniority drivers by giving them a shot at prime weeks at the expense of more senior drivers. No one wants to put in the time anymore to earn seniority privileges.

Ours tried that after 1/2 the drivers had bid. Junior guys were in his ear about it not being fair at Christmas or during the summer they can’t get time off. Told us to rebid, only two weeks to book the first go. One call to hr stopped that and we got apologies.