Estes | Transfer process

joews

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone have any info on how a transfer works with Estes? I'm most likely going to buy a house in a city about 200 miles away from my current domicile and I'm trying to figure out how the transfer process is going to be.

I have about three years with the company, all with line haul. However, the terminal I'm going to transfer to probably will not have a run for me so my choice would be extra board or combo.

I'm not opposed to combo because I can basically be a city driver and still add to my line haul time being combo until the terminal adds a run.

Has anyone gone through this before?

I started to and bailed out before I commited. Nothing to do with Estes, cost of living was nuts where I wanted to move.

Basically the terminal you want to transfer to has to have an opening. Your existing manager has to be willing to let you go without it creating a hardship for his terminal. Other than that, you just fill out a job interest form at your terminal and your TM is supposed to handle the rest.

If you transfer and stay in linehaul class, you lose your seniority for 90 days. After 90 days you regain your previous seniority (plus the 90 days).

If you go to combo and later go to linehaul, you'll have no linehaul time for 90 days and then your combo time will add to your linehaul time.

Thanks Drummer. I'm considering a transfer also and I wondered how it worked. With the new Estes4Me internal job website, do we apply there or just fill out the form???

Applied for a transfer once. Wouldn't give mildew the OK. Even when it was slow. Kind of a good feeling. Each terminal manager has to be on the same page. Heard of some terminal managers not taking big seniority drivers just to keep the moral good.

I got a Math degree and trying to figure out the calculus behind all the classifications and rules makes my head hurt. Unreal!
Is all of that really necessary?