FedEx Freight | truck conditions

as far as smoking in trucks i turn in at least 1 driver a week that i follow in a truck for smoking and nothing ever done about it.
Just curious, Why do you do it? Does it get you better runs? Better truck? Does it make you feel like more of a team player? Do the people you "turn in" know you do it ? Crap like this really makes for an uncomfortable working environment when you have one or two guys snitching to management all the time with every little thing they see other drivers do. Like Ice said, It must be a blast to work out of Childress.

You drivers that can spend a whole day in a filthy truck must have filthy homes. It makes me feel sick to get in those trucks. Don't do it for FRED do it for yourself.
So stay out of other people's tractors. Or are you one of those city drivers I am always cleaning up after? One that wears my gloves, leaves their Burger King bag behind the seat? Or are you the one that left half a cup of soup in one of the storage cubbyholes to age?
Some people just get tired of cleaning up after everyone else.

Just curious, Why do you do it? Does it get you better runs? Better truck? Does it make you feel like more of a team player? Do the people you "turn in" know you do it ? Crap like this really makes for an uncomfortable working environment when you have one or two guys snitching to management all the time with every little thing they see other drivers do. Like Ice said, It must be a blast to work out of Childress.
Dick is curious. Does this mean that nonsmokers should just suck it up when some inconsiderate SOB sparks one up in the nonsmokers assigned tractor? That the nonsmoker should smell the after effects of your vice for the next several days? Dick has better things to do than just follow other drivers around waiting to catch them. But Dick will tell you this...smoke in my truck and you'll be dealing with a redshirt. There is a difference between being a tattletale and standing up for your rights.

Dick is curious. Does this mean that nonsmokers should just suck it up when some inconsiderate SOB sparks one up in the nonsmokers assigned tractor? That the nonsmoker should smell the after effects of your vice for the next several days? Dick has better things to do than just follow other drivers around waiting to catch them. But Dick will tell you this...smoke in my truck and you'll be dealing with a redshirt. There is a difference between being a tattletale and standing up for your rights.
Fair enough DICK. I personally clean up after myself. I assumed we were talking about smoking in ones assigned tractor. What about the smokers rights DICK ? When I hop in your truck and have to waste 5 minutes of my time trying to find the lighter and clean out the ashtray full of sunflower seeds/gum/breathmints.May i choose the red-shirt I have to deal with? On a side note, some of you guys really need to lighten up. You guys are going to stroke-out before you retire.

images.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough DICK. I personally clean up after myself. I assumed we were talking about smoking in ones assigned tractor. What about the smokers rights DICK ? When I hop in your truck and have to waste 5 minutes of my time trying to find the lighter and clean out the ashtray full of sunflower seeds/gum/breathmints.May i choose the red-shirt I have to deal with? On a side note, some of you guys really need to lighten up. You guys are going to stroke-out before you retire.

images.jpg

If you are smoking cigs the odds are you will be the one who strokes out or worse before you retire.

Hope not but those are the facts.

Why do I feel like I just got spanked by the principal ? Smoking is a vile nasty habit that is horrible for you. But, it helps to keep me awake and serves somewhat as a stress reliever. Ya bummed me out Jeff. You all have a good night even you DICK.

Why do I feel like I just got spanked by the principal ? Smoking is a vile nasty habit that is horrible for you. But, it helps to keep me awake and serves somewhat as a stress reliever. Ya bummed me out Jeff. You all have a good night even you DICK.

I am sorry to bum you out, but seriously, I think you can find a better way to stay awake, but hey, it's your lungs, I have done stupid **** to my body too.

I believe FXF has picked the perfect person "Redshirt" to do Saturday tractor troll patrol. Looking through the trash for possible contraband, or something he deems inappropriate. I think we have someone here who might qualify in the future for Snap Shop. Those are the people who specialize in looking up everyone backside for a possible infraction, and get moist filling out their forms. Redshirt probably started his training as a hall monitor in school. Remember, we are talking Saturday, its the end of a long week, and all the driver wants to do is go home. Sometimes we do miss items that should be picked up. This is not to say we don't have our share of tobacco drooling bimbos who live like pigs at home and at work. FXF doesn't want the drivers to wash their tractors. If they are dirty on the outside then we need to make some changes to our maintenance program. This is not the drivers responsibility. Bid tractors are usually kept clean. Spares, slip seat tractors and unassigned tractors can be a problem. Redshirt is also under the impression that the 45 minutes we get to get on the computer, check with dispatch, turn in our paperwork, do our post trip inspection, fill out the VIR, spot the trailers, put away the gear, fuel the tractor, and put it away should only take 30 minutes. The other 15 minutes could be used to clean the tractor. Wow what a concept. You have been warned by Redshirt to get in line. People who are not team players will be eliminated. As soon as Redshirt Masters the "English Language", he's on his way up the cooperate ladder with his personal bottle of instant hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap. Sorry I just couldn't resist that one. TP

cranium, no i dont get better runs i have enough seniorty to hold any run i want,as far as letting them know, they should know the rules without me having to qoute policy to them and risk a confrontation that could cost me my job.i have had to put up with the smoke since af days now i dont.if you read past posts on the smoking subject most people on this board stated that they were going to smoke in the trucks no matter what, a few of those were from cds.so in all fairness i am not a" rat" just a person that cig smoke affects adversly.as i stated before we have no assigned trucks. if i slipped with a driver in the same truck and he did not smoke all would fine i do not give a crap and would not "rat" on someone for smoking in their own truck as long as doesnt affect me.it will be this way until we get assigned trucks.we have 27 trucks and in a month we will have to drive 20 different trucks.

I thought we were not allowed to wash trucks I know not in RKI If they don't care about the outside who I am I to care about the inside You know they offer rehab for drugs or alcohol so how about nicotine? Fire for smoking who knows maybe a lawsuit there or something.......ok I'm just kidding cause I really don't care about stuff that you (I) can't do anything about

undercover said:
cranium, no i dont get better runs i have enough seniorty to hold any run i want,as far as letting them know, they should know the rules without me having to qoute policy to them and risk a confrontation that could cost me my job.i have had to put up with the smoke since af days now i dont.if you read past posts on the smoking subject most people on this board stated that they were going to smoke in the trucks no matter what, a few of those were from cds.so in all fairness i am not a" rat" just a person that cig smoke affects adversly.as i stated before we have no assigned trucks. if i slipped with a driver in the same truck and he did not smoke all would fine i do not give a crap and would not "rat" on someone for smoking in their own truck as long as doesnt affect me.it will be this way until we get assigned trucks.we have 27 trucks and in a month we will have to drive 20 different trucks.

I don't know how you can tell someone has been smoking in half of Childress's trucks. They are old and stink like butts and stale smoke. So have you ever thought that the person you turned in was not the person who smoked in it. You are one of the reasons CDS is such a sorry place right now.

I don't rat out people I will come to you as a man or woman and tell you straight up please clean up after youself.I have done this about 6 or 7 times usually they admit they can do better problem solved. may not work for some but well it might help

i can tell when i drove the truck in the day and it doesnt smell and get the same truck after the night driver gets out of it when i am standing there and he is smoking when he gets out of truck and the truck smells of smoke and ashes everywhere.i can promise you i have not turned in anybody that was not guilty.if cds is such a sorry place because of me and you dont even know me you have issues.the only issue i have is the smoking other than that i dont even talk to anyone there.

Come up to me man to man and we will get along even if I'm in the wrong. Act like a rat and I'll start setting traps for you. And yes I'll go out of my way to get a rat fired. They belong in the sewer or the dump not working a good job.

We used to take care of things Mano a Mano, out in the back row. No you can't say a freakin' word to anyone without you ending up in the hot seat.

hillbilly i have been here awhile and have seen 2 people try to work something out on their own and 1 of them got upset and went to ccm and claimed the other one made hostile comments and got him fired,so in my eyes it is better to let managment handle it.that way if "traps" are set i will have the retaliation card to play.just cya. if yall think i am a rat because of standing up for my rights within the smoking policy so be it.everyone knows the policy and those that go against the smoking policy know what the ramifacations can be so they have made their choice as i have made mine.

... need to lighten up. You guys are going to stroke-out before you retire.

images.jpg

I encourage all who smoke to quit,behind me in seinority. Those who are ahead of me I buy a carton a week.

I'm joking. Quit if you can. Live longer. 2 packs a day, 12$ x 365 = a ton a scratch.