TForce | Truck Load

harryjclifford3

TB Lurker
Credits
The truck load guys are not Union like us and are employed by UPS if there where UPS would make them have uniforms like us that is the LAW of UPS. Its just like when they hire you, you can not work on the streets at all if you have NO uniforms. Thats our FREIGHT and I'm on layoff that's BULLSHIT. When I work the dock and I have to load a Landspan trailer with my FREIGHT because they say they have no one to move it I say what about me I'm a road driver. I'm loosing my mind here it has to STOP make sure you guys are talking to your BA'S. As you can tell I am PIST OFF :Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On:

..well my friend..you do have another out...if the contract is not being followed...contact your local NLRB office,seems they are more than willing to bring charges if they agree in your position.Nasty I know,but one must do what one`s got`a do......

The truck load guys are not Union like us and are employed by UPS if there where UPS would make them have uniforms like us that is the LAW of UPS. Its just like when they hire you, you can not work on the streets at all if you have NO uniforms. Thats our FREIGHT and I'm on layoff that's BULLSHIT. When I work the dock and I have to load a Landspan trailer with my FREIGHT because they say they have no one to move it I say what about me I'm a road driver. I'm loosing my mind here it has to STOP make sure you guys are talking to your BA'S. As you can tell I am PIST OFF :Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On:

T/L does not wear uniforms because the division will not pay for them or set a uniform standard. Stop painting T/L drivers as trash. As for the union, if T/L organized, UPS T/L would not be able to compete with the contract carriers, so it's not the driver's fault. They are not "anti-union", just "pro-I wanna keep my job". They are trying to feed their families too, so understand that T/L drivers are not conspiring to steal the food from babies mouths.

T/L does not wear uniforms because the division will not pay for them or set a uniform standard. Stop painting T/L drivers as trash. As for the union, if T/L organized, UPS T/L would not be able to compete with the contract carriers, so it's not the driver's fault. They are not "anti-union", just "pro-I wanna keep my job". They are trying to feed their families too, so understand that T/L drivers are not conspiring to steal the food from babies mouths.

That sounds great, but I haven't seen a truckload guy have a problem pulling LTL freight.

That's what I don't get; some LTL guys don't have a frigging clue about T/L. We go to a Cartage hub and pick up a sealed trailer! No idea what the hell is in it!! Go to another Cartage hub and get another one. Do you think we sit around and choose what the hell goes in the trailer? Be serious. Some guys are just looking for a scapegoat to blame LTL layoffs on.
"Hey boss, can I have some LTL freight? Screw those union guys. I'm not gonna wear my uniform either. Make me! Yeah, that's what we say...geez.
We are on the same team whether you see it or not. I don't want you to lose hours, get laid off or ****ed with. It's no good whether it's you, me, or a Package driver. Just because we took a job in another part of the company does not mean we did it to screw you all.

Beleive it or not tl is going out in atl and making pickups once there trailer is full they bring it straight into fl to the minihub. Just like you said you chose to work in a different division we chose to give up our 401k's and took the chance on joining the union we don't pay dues just becuase we like to we pay dues to protect our jobs and our jobs are being given to tl while we have guys sitting at home. I don't blame the individual drivers in the tl division I know there just doing what there told. But it is not our fault the tl division does not gave enough work to keep there drivers busy, anytime I see one with ltl freight a grievance flies.

Beleive it or not tl is going out in atl and making pickups once there trailer is full they bring it straight into fl to the minihub. Just like you said you chose to work in a different division we chose to give up our 401k's and took the chance on joining the union we don't pay dues just becuase we like to we pay dues to protect our jobs and our jobs are being given to tl while we have guys sitting at home. I don't blame the individual drivers in the tl division I know there just doing what there told. But it is not our fault the tl division does not gave enough work to keep there drivers busy, anytime I see one with ltl freight a grievance flies.

If they have me go to a freight yard to pickup, I will refuse the load. That is horse pooey. I am behind you all 100% on this!!!:TR10driving03:

the t/l guys out of hrs where ups freight uniforms, where did they get theirs? i got it! there are some guys laid off up there maybe they rented them from those guys.