Yellow | Trucker in Massive Rig Destroys Two Families in His Sleep. 'Burn in Hell'

I bet if he shared part of that $40 million dollar settlement with Mr. Bouch he wouldn't be so upset and in denial?

It could happen to anyone of us driving these trucks.

And most of us almost did...... Go home, hug your kids and wife, and be thankful it didn't... I drove over 4 million miles in my career, with a lotta luck and faith onboard....

Loon, totally agreed. I read over this story multiple times. It really disturbed me, because that could have been me driving that truck. I've had those times where my eyes close for just a second, And it is the sickest feeling in the world. I love driving, but on those days I just can not wait to be home. Its just a reminder of what can happen in a millisecond.

Last edited by a moderator:
To tell the husband of the wife you killed "I hope you burn in hell!" is really screwed up in the head. Guess that's the type of drivers they hire at Estes.

A SAD story...as drivers we must be on our toes constantly.....in 1998 I killed a drunk who was laying in the middle of my lane at night. I followed the advice my dad gave me when I started driving...SAY NOTHING,MAKE NO STATEMENTS! All you have to do is mention to the investigator is that you cannot answer questions at this time. The company and the insurance company LAWYERS will accompy you to the investigators office for your statement.
After the investigation, I was cleared of any wrong doing. The company and I were sued for $4 million in a wrongful death lawsuit...BECAUSE I said nothing without representation and being cleared of any wrong doing we beat the law suit.
In this case as in the WAMART accident in Jersey, the driver opened his mouth at the wrong time to the wrong people.....I just purchased a dash camera, as I have a little over a year left driving and am NOT going to give it all away to someone!.....we are NOT immune to these types of accidents whether we are union, non union, city or otr!

To tell the husband of the wife you killed "I hope you burn in hell!" is really screwed up in the head. Guess that's the type of drivers they hire at Estes.

What a dumbass statement.I guess whoever you work for has perfect employees(none has ever made any mistakes)..I guess some people just post without thinking.Be careful using your broad brush.

What a dumbass statement.I guess whoever you work for has perfect employees(none has ever made any mistakes)..I guess some people just post without thinking.Be careful using your broad brush.
Talk about dumbass statements.
Try reading the whole report given like I did. This driver had a lot of complaints by the public & his own company but was allowed to continue to drive. I can understand a couple of complaints not being factual but thats NOT what it said in the report.

A SAD story...as drivers we must be on our toes constantly.....in 1998 I killed a drunk who was laying in the middle of my lane at night. I followed the advice my dad gave me when I started driving...SAY NOTHING,MAKE NO STATEMENTS! All you have to do is mention to the investigator is that you cannot answer questions at this time. The company and the insurance company LAWYERS will accompy you to the investigators office for your statement.
After the investigation, I was cleared of any wrong doing. The company and I were sued for $4 million in a wrongful death lawsuit...BECAUSE I said nothing without representation and being cleared of any wrong doing we beat the law suit.
In this case as in the WAMART accident in Jersey, the driver opened his mouth at the wrong time to the wrong people.....I just purchased a dash camera, as I have a little over a year left driving and am NOT going to give it all away to someone!.....we are NOT immune to these types of accidents whether we are union, non union, city or otr!
IMO the dash cam is a very smart buy in this day & time. You only need to look on youtube for many examples of why we need to have one.
Came in handy for a friend of mine that had just purchased one less than week proir to having a wreck. Wasn't a bad one & hardly had any damage but it appeared it was his fault. After cop looked at camera footage he was cleared.

Try reading the whole report given like I did. This driver had a lot of complaints by the public & his own company but was allowed to continue to drive. I can understand a couple of complaints not being factual but thats NOT what it said in the report.

That could be said about just about every carrier out here.... I think he was stupid and negligent and I'll leave it at that, being I don't consider anyone being perfect.... I've driven over 3 million miles without so much much as a scratch, but the day isn't over...

I read the entire article,as I posted it in the Estes forum before it was posted here.Im not condoning the drivers actions.Im also not degrading an entire company of drivers by commenting,"I guess that's the type of drivers they hire".