Yellow | Trucker Yellow Seeks to Steady Finances by Streamlining Operations

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

The efficiency drive comes as the company is incorporating a $700 million federal coronavirus-aid bailout​

“Many times you’ll see customers who have multiple brands backed up to their dock at the same time. That creates inefficiency for them, and frankly it creates inefficiencies for us,” said Yellow President Darrel Harris, who is overseeing the integration. “Imagine them making one phone call and getting one truck with one driver. That’s what they want.”

Yellow plans to integrate its trucking brands by the middle of 2022, a tight timeline for a process that transportation-industry consultants say can be tricky and time-consuming. A previous integration of two national networks after the company’s 2003 purchase of rival Roadway, which eventually created Yellow’s YRC Freight unit, took years to complete.

“Each of their regional carriers has a separate and distinct footprint,” said Mike Regan, co-founder and chief of relationship development with logistics and freight management consulting firm TranzAct Technologies Inc. “If it were that easy, they'd have already done it."
:hyper:

They recently put New Penn on the YRC computer system in my 24 years with New Penn this is the worst I have ever seen them operate.

That system just doesn’t do next day service, Freight is being manifested to go out on peddle runs that was delivered days ago,
freight is lost, you go out on a peddle run and half the manifested freight isn’t on the run, by the time the system updates( 24 hours) to show appointments the appointment has been missed Because New Penn is NEXT DAY.

I know our Execs are the best and brightest when it comes to Real Estate sales, but this is freight.
If they want this company to be around for their next round of ridiculous bonuses my advice to them would be to clean up the mess they made before making the next one. It’s amazing how out of touch people can be and still be in charge.

If Yellow was in the money and doing ok despite everything they would not have dug a deep 700 million dollar hole.

Ive been with companies that were totally broke from week to week after the fuel and driver was paid. Not to mention taxes. One in particular actually got taken out of the industry by the State when they did in fact not have money to pay the annual taxes on the property, fleet and so on. Their DOT and MC numbers were summarily forced off the road as well that year. Out of business.

I remember that outfit too. Don't fuel here don't fuel there don't fuel anywhere. It costs money. Fine I allowed her to run out one time. Boy the yelling started then.

And still owed the taxes... where do you think they got that from hmm? Not the freight.

They can't take the money back. The palace at 10990 Roe Ave has some smart people. They gave the money to YRC we are YELLOW!