ABF | Trucking/transportation Prices As Of Friday 10/23

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
Can we replace Judy and Tim...?? obviously they aren't getting the job done!

FedEX 283.56
OD 200.62
Arcb 33.47

At least we are higher than YRCW..glad I don't own any stock.
So, how about it Judy/Tim? Will you step aside and let some real leadership roll in?

FedEX 283.56
OD 200.62
Arcb 33.47

So, how about it Judy/Tim? Will you step aside and let some real leadership roll in?
Been saying this for years....We make money quarter after quarter and the stock is still ::shit::. Hell they even made money during covid. Truth of the matter is wall street hates unions....

FedEX 283.56
OD 200.62
Arcb 33.47

I forgot to post the mustard/ketchup...SAIA 147.41....come on, Man!

Been saying this for years....We make money quarter after quarter and the stock is still :::shit:::. Hell they even made money during covid. Truth of the matter is wall street hates unions....
I don’t believe it’s the hate of unions, but that the people buying the stock look at market caps, earnings, operating ratios, gross revenue,debt,market share, historical past results, and previous dividends.
Fed Ex, OD, and some others finish the year in most of those categories ahead of
ABF.
https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/artic...and_less_than_truckload_ltl_companies_in_2017

all the more reason for the Board of Directors to replace Judy and Tim
The big drag on stock price is pension liability. Starting in 2026, not 2025 (United Mine Workers pension bailout pushed insolvency date back a year) ABF will be paying their pension contributions into a bankrupt pension fund. For twenty years!!! No Pension, NO 401k will make employee retention very difficult. Time to take pension reform serious!!! GO40 doesn't have to worry, His Central PA lump sum pension payment is massive!!!

The big drag on stock price is pension liability. Starting in 2026, not 2025 (United Mine Workers pension bailout pushed insolvency date back a year) ABF will be paying their pension contributions into a bankrupt pension fund. For twenty years!!! No Pension, NO 401k will make employee retention very difficult. Time to take pension reform serious!!! GO40 doesn't have to worry, His Central PA lump sum pension payment is massive!!!
See nothing changed with you , still a Douche bag

Why have you refused to give the particulars of your defined contribution pension fund? Are you afraid SAC75 is eyeing your massive lump sum pension amount. Well you should be!!!
What’s wrong with you? It’s not a secret pension & I’m not the only one in it. It goes up & down with the stock market like anything else ....Do a little research instead of coming on here & acting like a a$$hole....

What’s wrong with you? It’s not a secret pension & I’m not the only one in it. It goes up & down with the stock market like anything else ....Do a little research instead of coming on here & acting like a a$$hole....
Why don't you share your particulars. What were/are your payout options. Lump sum payout/partial lump sum, monthly check/ just a monthly check, when you die do your survivors get a lump some? Your years of service and amounts would be helpful for comparison purposes.

Why don't you share your particulars. What were/are your payout options. Lump sum payout/partial lump sum, monthly check/ just a monthly check, when you die do your survivors get a lump some? Your years of service and amounts would be helpful for comparison purposes.
It’s a lump sum no set amount because it rolls with the market. I can combine it with my defined plan, but I won’t because it’s only guaranteed for a certain number of years. I will have my lump some so yes my survivors would get it. Defined plan has the option for survivors also, don’t know how much less it is with that option....And that’s all I know so don’t start repeating yourself....

Bubba, still having lunch with Judy and Tim in the executive break room? I know that you work @ The Fort...I guess you are in the accounting department? Sounds like it...

I don't believe ABF will be paying into any bankrupt pension funds. That is based on YRC, the union, and other companies that deal with the union and pension plans.

I don't believe ABF will be paying into any bankrupt pension funds. That is based on YRC, the union, and other companies that deal with the union and pension plans.

ERISA Act says companies can’t unilaterally withdraw from defined-benefit MEPF’s without paying the unfunded liability penalty,......which exponentially grows as the first few companies withdraw......like UPS did with the CSPF.
It becomes relatively less.....expensive.....to stay in the MEPF and support the funding increase.rather than an increasingly larger unfunded liability ......which is precisely why the unfunded liability mandate was written into the law.
Keeps companies from......conveniently.....jumping ship and screwing employees out of pensions.

The only way out,.....(and still being liable for the unfunded portion...).....is to take the entire company Chapter 7 bankruptcy.......Close it down. What many carriers did in the decade after deregulation.

Of course there are weasel companies,....like Intenational Bakers...Hostess-brand bakeries,.......who figure out a way to sell the name after filing bankruptcy,......and management slimes their way out of pension obligations....(....with a little help from a friendly bankruptcy judge....).

But basically,.......barring Chapter 7,........companies are in MEPFs for the long haul.......because it’s “cheaper” than paying the unfunded liability mandate in a lump sum.

You are quite incorrect. When CSPF goes bankrupt, ABF can pay their withdraw liability in a lump sum like UPS or pay into it for twenty years. It's not going to be pretty. I'm surprised after six years NUCPP, the PRC and the DEMOCRATS didn't make that clear.

Of course there are weasel companies,....like Intenational Bakers...Hostess-brand bakeries,.......who figure out a way to sell the name after filing bankruptcy,......and management slimes their way out of pension obligations....(....with a little help from a friendly bankruptcy judge....).
You are loose with the facts. The "owners" (stockholders) lost everything. That would be Ma and Pa Kettle who bought Hostess for retirement income. Hostess put up the company as collateral, the investment bankers took it when they couldn't pay the loan. Since Hostess had already declared bankruptcy once. One would have to say it was a poor decision for the Bakers Union to vote down their wage concession. Especially after the Teamsters accepted theirs. The moral of the story, don't let a bankruptcy judge write your contract.

ERISA Act says companies can’t unilaterally withdraw from defined-benefit MEPF’s without paying the unfunded liability penalty,......which exponentially grows as the first few companies withdraw......like UPS did with the CSPF.
It becomes relatively less.....expensive.....to stay in the MEPF and support the funding increase.rather than an increasingly larger unfunded liability ......which is precisely why the unfunded liability mandate was written into the law.
Keeps companies from......conveniently.....jumping ship and screwing employees out of pensions.

The only way out,.....(and still being liable for the unfunded portion...).....is to take the entire company Chapter 7 bankruptcy.......Close it down. What many carriers did in the decade after deregulation.

But basically,.......barring Chapter 7,........companies are in MEPFs for the long haul.......because it’s “cheaper” than paying the unfunded liability mandate in a lump sum.
I don't think it will be a unilateral withdrawal but a contractual payment withdrawal. Think YRC,; did YRC not contractually withhold pension payments for over 5 years? Then return to pay only 25% of the original contractual payment? This is just my educated guess.

I don't think it will be a unilateral withdrawal but a contractual payment withdrawal. Think YRC,; did YRC not contractually withhold pension payments for over 5 years? Then return to pay only 25% of the original contractual payment? This is just my educated guess.
No, the I.R.S. gets their withdraw payments for twenty years. If companies don't pay, they are treated the same as tax cheats.