FedEx Freight | Truckload Moves

big dog

TB Lurker
Credits
What are the guidelines for what a truckload should be ? We are hearing from customers it’s 6 skids . Did it change recently? I thought last we heard was 7 skid spots or 15000 lbs .

My yardstick is not that long.
Last week I caught BRG and Dave holding up a big pole, Wong was trying to climb the pole for a measurement.
I asked Wong why not lay it down to measure it?
Wong said we know how long it is, we want to know how high it is.
Those poles you mention are going to be standard on all Gold equipment starting next month. They will be fastened to the driver side of the hotel’s rear of cab fairing, and if the driver sees it break off while going under a viaduct, he should stop. The Patel Industrial Development Division at Coop came up with that idea. They already have orders for them from Swift,and Werner.

Those poles you mention are going to be standard on all Gold equipment starting next month. They will be fastened to the driver side of the hotel’s rear of cab fairing, and if the driver sees it break off while going under a viaduct, he should stop. The Patel Industrial Development Division at Coop came up with that idea. They already have orders for them from Swift,and Werner.
Sort of like curb feelers for bridges?

Breakpoint is ten or more non stackable (standard size) skids, or 15k lbs. They have a formula for overlength/irreg. Customers can get a TLX quote for whatever skid count they want. Some shippers are exempt from volume restrictions, call the office to verify.

Last edited:
I usually just single the first pallet. How much weight in nose of a pup is too much weight and how much weight in the nose of a 53 is too much weight?

I always loaded pups no more than 12,000 in front half, and never more than 3,000 in the first 4 feet.
53’, 22,000 to the half, evenly loaded, and usually a single in the nose, or 2 skids, side by side if they together were 2,000 or less.

I always loaded pups no more than 12,000 in front half, and never more than 3,000 in the first 4 feet.
53’, 22,000 to the half, evenly loaded, and usually a single in the nose, or 2 skids, side by side if they together were 2,000 or less.
Never more than 800 lbs in the first 4ft

Would you load Pitbulls first or Beagles?
(asking for a kennel in Cedar Rapids)

In my loading experience when I was pretty much the guru of scaling 20 to 23k pups.

A pup has 8 rows of pallet spaces if you will

First 2 spaces no more than 2400
First 4 spaces no more than 3200
First 6 spaces up to 7500 pounds as long as 6k of that weight was in rows 2 and 3.

First 8 spaces up to 10k pounds as long as 8k of that weight was in rows 2, 3 and 4.

2nd half
Rows 5 and 6 load as heavy as you want as long as front half was loaded properly.

Rows 6 and 7 up to 8,000 pounds in those 4 spots loaded evenly as long as you have weight on the front half.

Row 8 no more than 2,000.

I used to load for a supervisor before I became one myself and when I was done before we got the axles back I would tell him what theyd be and maybe I'd be off by 100 to 200 pounds on my prediction. He'd be like how the hell did you know that. Its all math once you know what a pup scales when its empty.