Averitt | Truckload to get 500 new trailers...

zeroday

TB Veteran
Credits
Just read in Team Matters TL is going to get 500 new trailers and the older TL trailers will be moved int LTL...yea right wait and see when they come into service you'll see everyone of them in an LTL dock...

Just read in Team Matters TL is going to get 500 new trailers and the older TL trailers will be moved int LTL...yea right wait and see when they come into service you'll see everyone of them in an LTL dock...

I"m not holding my breath...I heard that ALL the 63xxxx are going to LTL...Suuuuure they are....All the NEW ones will end up on SOMEONE"S special account,or down in VANCE being used to store MT racks/tubs.....the 63xxxx trls will end up in TIF,as DAL FUL MFS and others unload them on to shuttle runs that end up in TIF....TIF was complaining about it...I told them to reload them and send them RIGHT back to where they came from...we in TL will still end up with the clunkers.
I heard we have 50 PROSTAR Sleepers coming soon...I want to take a look at one...if it is lighter than the old one's I'll try to get one!

jeepman, we all have old trailers that are in need of being junked, or some special care. I've gotten a all types to do my route with and I have had those that leaked in multiple spots so you have to checkerboard load your trailer so the freight didnt get wet and I've had doors that broke in the up or in the down position. I dont fault anyone, the mechanics seemed to have their hands tied because they are rushed to get the job done, the dock has to load junk because there are no other empties on the yards to load, I think if the "red house" in cookeville realized how much money is wasted due to freight claims, guys on the hour waiting and searching for empties to go do pickups, down time due to repairs or calling out service trucks and on and on...... they would see that purchasing some new trailers would save $$ in the long run

I'm a firm believer in putting our newest equipment in front of the customer whenever possible. I remember in my days as a city driver how proud I was when I was complimented on my clean new trailer with a see through roof, even though they got hot as the fire in the Summer.

We have better quality trailers in our LTL pool than any other time since I've been here. Even the old 534xxx and 63xxxx I pull seem to have been refurbished. Heck, most of the tires have only been curbed a couple dozen times, in the city.

LTL needs those worn out trailers. TL is pulling all of our good roll door trailers...some with LTL loads and some with TL loads.