XPO | turnover

Interesting question, but willing to bet that you won't get a reliable answer.

Whenever someone talks themself into hating what they are doing they have to find something different to do.

I know this is the case for any job not just at Con-way.

Whenever you can make the most of what your doing.
And don't worry about how your company operates seeing you have no contorl over that stuff anyway.
You can have a job as long as your safe,and happy with what your doing.

Now this is the best advice I can offer.
Coming from my background of a 44 year driving carrer working city,for 15 different LT's to date.
Currently 21 years at UPS Freight.

Whenever someone talks themself into hating what they are doing they have to find something different to do.

And don't worry about how your company operates seeing you have no contorl over that stuff anyway.

Coming from my background of a 44 year driving carrer working city,for 15 different LT's to date.

I don't hate what I'm doing. I would enjoy my job if it weren't for the way I am being treated by management.

the turn over rate here in dallas is bad. one of the reasons our last tm was released. all of our runs going on shiny wheels and other terminals coming by and taking our runs.

The question needs reworded,I think.
As the previous turnover will be nothing compare to what the near future holds.

The question needs reworded,I think.
As the previous turnover will be nothing compare to what the near future holds.

This is exactly what I am thinking. Management is pushing the drivers now because their numbers are going down and I think the experienced drivers will eventually get fed up and quit.

So you are not a con-way driver?

It's horrible, I've seen at least 20-30 apprentices/new hires every year for the last few and getting worse. Since we won't hire experienced drivers and most already know why not too come over too conway, it's ugly. The other guy said it's going too get worse and I beleave him. No matter what new stategies the big wigs try, without quality drivers, it won't work. On top of that us veterans are getting sick of it and leaving. Without the ability too keep the future drivers, we are doomed. Terminal by terminal we will close down. I always figured by this point in my career with conway, I would have it nice, working 8-9 a day and being home, instead we are still busting our butts 10-12 a day because we can't keep any good drivers, that's how the drivers had it all those years ago, when I was a new guy. We don't enjoy that because we have such a turnover along with young/inexperienced mangement and dispatchers, it will get much, much worse. The best years of my life have gone by and it's really scarry having too consider switching companies, but I am because I really don't see conway lasting another 10 years. We will either be bought out or terminals will be gone. People say anyone can be a driver but that's not what built this company, quality drivers built this company and they are far and few between. That's about as honest as I can be and I am probably the biggest optimist you will ever hear from.

this company has a weird philosophy ...use ,abuse,and thow away..all we wnt is to work and feed our families..seen way to many guys (friends) leave ...either the job or state....sad..ver

this company has a weird philosophy ...use ,abuse,and thow away..all we wnt is to work and feed our families..seen way to many guys (friends) leave ...either the job or state....sad..very sad:17:

THIS IS VERY VERY TRUE...AND THE CASE HOLDS MUCH WATER..I TOO AM A LONG TIME VETERAN DRIVER AND HAVE SEEN MANY COME AND MANY GO.USUALLY MORE GO....BUT FOR THE ONES THAT CAN LIVE BY A PHILOSOPHY SUCH AS OR SIMILAR TO THIS ONE STICK IT OUT !!!!! BECAUSE AS SOON AS WE GET RID OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY THE ONLY WORKERS THAT WILL BE LEFT WILL BE THE ONE'S THAT HAVE A POSITIVE OUTLOOK SUCH AS APOSTOLIC,MYSELF AND ANY OTHER DRIVER THAT AGREE'S WITH WHAT THEY HAVE JUST READ..AND ONCE AGAIN WE WILL HAVE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK DIGGIGN OUR ROOTS IN DEEPER AND DEEPER

this Is Very Very True...and The Case Holds Much Water..i Too Am A Long Time Veteran Driver And Have Seen Many Come And Many Go.usually More Go....but For The Ones That Can Live By A Philosophy Such As Or Similar To This One Stick It Out !!!!! Because As Soon As We Get Rid Of All The Negativity The Only Workers That Will Be Left Will Be The One's That Have A Positive Outlook Such As Apostolic,myself And Any Other Driver That Agree's With What They Have Just Read..and Once Again We Will Have A Great Place To Work Diggign Our Roots In Deeper And Deeper

The Corporation Would Love Nothing More Than To Acquire 20,000 More Worker Units Just Like You. The Corporation Can Then Systematically Dismantle And Reduce Your Wages And Other Compensatory Valuations Until They Become "competitive". The Corporation Can Then Reap The Rewards That It So Richly Deserves For Building This Corporation From Scratch. And You Can Know In Your Heart Through All Of This That The Corporation Cares Deeply About You And Your Family.

You Also Would Thrive In Such A Place. And You Would Not Be Surrounded By People That Do Not Trust The Corporation.

Thanks, but, unfortunately, I don't think management will ever get it until its too late.

They won't get it then either. You and I will be blamed because of our attitudes and feelings of entitlements.

ISWM

THIS IS VERY VERY TRUE...AND THE CASE HOLDS MUCH WATER..I TOO AM A LONG TIME VETERAN DRIVER AND HAVE SEEN MANY COME AND MANY GO.USUALLY MORE GO....BUT FOR THE ONES THAT CAN LIVE BY A PHILOSOPHY SUCH AS OR SIMILAR TO THIS ONE STICK IT OUT !!!!! BECAUSE AS SOON AS WE GET RID OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY THE ONLY WORKERS THAT WILL BE LEFT WILL BE THE ONE'S THAT HAVE A POSITIVE OUTLOOK SUCH AS APOSTOLIC,MYSELF AND ANY OTHER DRIVER THAT AGREE'S WITH WHAT THEY HAVE JUST READ..AND ONCE AGAIN WE WILL HAVE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK DIGGIGN OUR ROOTS IN DEEPER AND DEEPER

Yeah, and after you get rid of all the negativity you'll have a really great company with only drivers with a positive attitude - you and your apostolic :smilie_132:

People will have a positive out look on things here when they have a positive out look. we products of our environments.

For me I'm at a point where I could careless and when is Thursday here. I follow there rules too the letter and the D.O.T. regs. They now have what they want, a Mindless non-thinking Blank staring Dud yes man. Just point me and tell me what you want and how to do it. Can't lose.

If only the one's with a positive attitude will be left who going to work the freight. You and a few others our going to be a little lonely.

Turnover rate is a joke.

There is a website that posts all major trucking company turnover rates.The web addy eludes me at present.I know the trucking industry has the highest turnover rate for any employer in the USA.

At my barn I would say it's a good 75%.Usually out of 4 people hired only 1 stays long enough to become an associate,or regular.I have been with Con-way for only a short 8 months and have seen alot of people come and go.It's usually the same reasons they quit.Unpredictability of working hours,no hours,or having no life because one must sit by ones phone from about 1400 till 2030 or so.

I have worked my azz off for this company.Going the extra mile to insure proper loading,always being on time,and helping anyone I can.Where has this gotten me? Absolutely nowhere.
I have been yelled at and reprimanded for taking extra time closing a trailer down,due to improper loading by a fellow worker,screamed at for talking to a fellow worker on the dock(about the best way to consolidate 2 boxes into 1),and a few other issues.

I now have a rotten attitude towards Con-way.I seriously doubt I will make it 1yr. here...LOL What really sucks about all this is,I really enjoy my job and *most* of the people I work with.But I have had it with the lies and the games this company plays.1 example: I drive 90 miles round trip to and from work.I get called to come in at 1700 to work the dock before my run.Promised I have a run.I get there and see I am #10 linehaul run for the night.I count 8 runs for the night.By the time it was all said and done it got cut to 7 runs,and I clocked 2.5 hours for the night on the dock.Ended up last guy on the flex for the next night and sat home.

maybe the company needs to start looking at things through a DSR's eyes and it just may curb the turn over rate somewhat.:hysterical: :hysterical: :nutkick: