XPO | turnover

People will have a positive out look on things here when they have a positive out look. we products of our environments.

For me I'm at a point where I could careless and when is Thursday here. I follow there rules too the letter and the D.O.T. regs. They now have what they want, a Mindless non-thinking Blank staring Dud yes man. Just point me and tell me what you want and how to do it. Can't lose.

If only the one's with a positive attitude will be left who going to work the freight. You and a few others our going to be a little lonely.

Man, that's what happened to me. After being pulled into the office to be *****ed out one too many times, I just gave up and adopted that attitude. No more recouping. No more quality, just numbers. Now when I open a breaker and the stuff spills out at my feet I just think: whatever, paid by the hour.

There is a website that posts all major trucking company turnover rates.The web addy eludes me at present.I know the trucking industry has the highest turnover rate for any employer in the USA.

I found general information about driver turnover, mostly for the large truckload carrier segment, on the American Trucking Association (ATA) website. The stated that for that group the turnover rate was at 121%!!! But I couldn't find anywhere that listed turnover rates by company. I think the ATA may sell the data on disk but that costs quite a bit. Couldn't really find a number for the LTL segment.

I found general information about driver turnover, mostly for the large truckload carrier segment, on the American Trucking Association (ATA) website. The stated that for that group the turnover rate was at 121%!!! But I couldn't find anywhere that listed turnover rates by company. I think the ATA may sell the data on disk but that costs quite a bit. Couldn't really find a number for the LTL segment.

There was an article in transport topics a few weeks back.

Our segment is in the vicinity of 20-30% Now within our segment its uneven. In my town Yellow, Roadway USF & FedEx have minimal driver turnover while we just burn through guys.

Truckload is 100-150% per year.

There was an article in transport topics a few weeks back.

Our segment is in the vicinity of 20-30% Now within our segment its uneven. In my town Yellow, Roadway USF & FedEx have minimal driver turnover while we just burn through guys.

Truckload is 100-150% per year.

I remember when I first started veterans told me that if I could make it through the first year I'd be ok. I remember that, in a 40 door terminal, we went through around 20 drivers my first year. Everybody hated the TM, but I've got to hand it to him for helping me through that time. If we didn't have enough work, he'd call around to other terminals in the region and I'd be loaned out for a week here or there, paid my mileage to drive there or put me up in a motel. I'd work the dock, peddle or run linehaul. Most other newbies didn't like being jerked around and quit.

The only thing keeping a lot of veterans at Con-way is the money, but I think there'll come a point when that won't be enough. Con-way talks about "turning things around" but they're only considering the aspects of the company that contribute to the bottom line, they're not considering their long term investment in experienced drivers and how they treat them.

The only thing keeping a lot of veterans at Con-way is the money, but I think there'll come a point when that won't be enough. Con-way talks about "turning things around" but they're only considering the aspects of the company that contribute to the bottom line, they're not considering their long term investment in experienced drivers and how they treat them.

Yup. That's a fact - pack!