ABF | Ue going to 5 days?

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
last Friday ue ran & going to be doing it this Friday again. If they go 5 days will they have to file for a change of operations because of the work it will take away rrom the road?

If road drivers sat or had less miles, absolutely a grievance.. My guess is this is optional, not mandatory and due to shortage of drivers in certain terminals.. or stewards and BA's knew nothing.. but, ABF getting their 70 a week doesn't surprise me, all linehaul will be turns and UE type before too long.. next contract if their isone will push for hourly road drivers doing city work. and scared guys will vote for it.

If road drivers sat or had less miles, absolutely a grievance.. My guess is this is optional, not mandatory and due to shortage of drivers in certain terminals.. or stewards and BA's knew nothing.. but, ABF getting their 70 a week doesn't surprise me, all linehaul will be turns and UE type before too long.. next contract if their isone will push for hourly road drivers doing city work. and scared guys will vote for it.
This was supposed to be for hunting season and was supposed to be voluntary. What is the point of running ue on friday night. Half of the guys running into 042 don't even have the hours to run 5 nights. The freight is not due until monday at the earliest anyway. I heard that this is Mike Moss. Mr FedEx Freight,conway southeastern.watkins. What do all of these companies have in common. Non union. He wants us to be like them. When he first came to ABF the word on the street was he is very anti union and watch out! Former watkins and FedEx freight driver told me they were happy to see him go. I have also heard from supervisors that he is E-mail crazy and likes to micromanage everything Bad guy.

They held 2 guys back on Friday to do the ue runs & of course a bunch of p/ ups were missed once again, this place is so mismanaged anymore....They can't get drivers because of this last contract & now they want to abuse the drivers they have....

of course a bunch of p/ ups were missed once again, this place is so mismanaged anymore
How long with they let that go on? Missed pick ups gets regional attention and loses customers fast.

How long with they let that go on? Missed pick ups gets regional attention and loses customers fast.
All the time they don't seem to care about the customer. I never worked for a company that operated like this & nothing ever gets done about it....

That's because of hunting season.Our U.E.guys on 4 day bids got a premium day for Friday just like they will this week!

Keep us appraised of the situation. The Fort needs to hear these things.
We missed a bunch again, or dident pick it all up because it dident fit & its the same line every time "we don't have anybody else" the customers are tired of hearing that!

We missed a bunch again, or dident pick it all up because it dident fit & its the same line every time "we don't have anybody else" the customers are tired of hearing that!
Nobody wants to hear, "We can't do it", they'll look for someone who can in a heartbeat. The question is...are we the only carrier that's doing this? I have heard of our competition doing this. I have seen shipping orders days old in bins and was told that they just didn't show up yet and that it was a regular occurrence. Could be that we're returning to the days when they provide a better service for more money like it was in the old days.

Nobody wants to hear, "We can't do it", they'll look for someone who can in a heartbeat. The question is...are we the only carrier that's doing this? I have heard of our competition doing this. I have seen shipping orders days old in bins and was told that they just didn't show up yet and that it was a regular occurrence. Could be that we're returning to the days when they provide a better service for more money like it was in the old days.
When the customers are telling you to hire more people you have problems. As far as other carriers go they seem to pick their freight up on time & able to send in back up if needed....

I misses 2 pickups yesterday due to being overloaded on pickups because 10%ers were held back on Thursday to have hours to run the 5th night ue. The senior bid men refuse to run it, rightly saying they bid 4-10s, not 5. The TM says its the biggest waste of time and money he's seen in his time at ABF covering the work that linehaul should, and always has, done over the weekend.

This isn't 5th night UE.. Its Linehaul.. being paid UE and ran like UE.. Ever do the math? rules, etc.. Do you have linehaul at your terminal and are their seniority rights being violated. could be a turn they are being passed on.. UE wasn't created to schedule on an as needed basis or at hunting season. Certain members voted in flexibility with certain trucks. UE runs were negotiated in change of operations and slightly adjusted in MOU's. BTW, Bid UE shouldn't be allowing this.. Stewards,, your 10% are running linehaul.. your being manipulated and lied too.. contact your B.A..

This looks like something that's happening company wide and it sounds like the company is experiencing a shortage of drivers. Whether it's a genuine shortage or a manufactured shortage would be the big question. On the issue of is it UE or is it road...is there any language to protect it as road work? I do believe that it pays better as road work and that the company saves oodles of money paying UE rates over road rates. It sounds like something that our faithful union representatives should take a good look at.

Sometimes our UE run linehaul on Friday and they get road pay. Actually we have had city men run on Saturday as well.

Road work for city drivers has been going on for quite some time now and it would be impossible for the union to stop it now. No benefits paid on those guys so the company saves a heap of money that way. I costs the affected Local dues money and members but they don't seem to be worried about it. I don't know if they could have forced the company to hire more road men but if they don't try they certainly can't.

This isn't 5th night UE.. Its Linehaul.. being paid UE and ran like UE.. Ever do the math? rules, etc.. Do you have linehaul at your terminal and are their seniority rights being violated. could be a turn they are being passed on.. UE wasn't created to schedule on an as needed basis or at hunting season. Certain members voted in flexibility with certain trucks. UE runs were negotiated in change of operations and slightly adjusted in MOU's. BTW, Bid UE shouldn't be allowing this.. Stewards,, your 10% are running linehaul.. your being manipulated and lied too.. contact your B.A..
All our U.E. Bids are 4 days. If they have to come in on a Friday because somebody wants to chase a deer around in the woods fine! Their going to get paid premium time for doing so!