Yellow | Union Brother gets our Road Steward Fired@241

Here's how I think and I try to tell my kids the same thing............"You get what you give". You give me a hard time, that's what you get. You follow the rules and work with me, everything will be alright. If you don't.......don't cry to me when it happens to you!! The driver will get his, sooner or later!!:chairshot: DS.

DS can probably tell it better. But here goes. When a grievance can not be settled locally it goes to what we call the bi state. ( state panel) It is so much like a courtroom in there, and it has six men setting on it. Three for the companies and three for the union. Each side presents there case on the discharge. Then most of the time at a later date they vote on wither to uphold the discharge or not. Being six on the panel there can be no tie.

DS can probably tell it better. But here goes. When a grievance can not be settled locally it goes to what we call the bi state. ( state panel) It is so much like a courtroom in there, and it has six men setting on it. Three for the companies and three for the union. Each side presents there case on the discharge. Then most of the time at a later date they vote on wither to uphold the discharge or not. Being six on the panel there can be no tie.

thanks Toxic

Now that he's at the panel I'll make a prediction. Termination will be downgraded to a suspension time searved without back pay. Any takers? Been there done that!!:duh: Hope I'm 100% wrong and he gets full restitution but I have no faith in the panels left.:nutkick:

Good News!!!

Road steward got his job back!!! was ordered to attend anger management course. as soon as he brings certificate of completion to work hes back! im done with this thread now.:nutkick: :funky: :smilie_132:

Now that he's at the panel I'll make a prediction. Termination will be downgraded to a suspension time searved without back pay. Any takers? Been there done that!!:duh: Hope I'm 100% wrong and he gets full restitution but I have no faith in the panels left.:nutkick:

Right on the money. Haven't seen back pay for a suspension for a long time in my conference.

Road steward got his job back!!! was ordered to attend anger management course. as soon as he brings certificate of completion to work hes back! im done with this thread now.:nutkick: :funky: :smilie_132:

Does anyone know what his legal status is ? Are there criminal charges still filed against him ?

hot damn that's good news. more power to him:smilie_132:

Toxic,
There are ties at 2 state hearings....they're called deadlocks. A deadlock is when all 3 Union men vote one way and all 3 Company men vote the other. In the event of a deadlock the case is referred up to a higher level known as the JAC (Joint Area Committee) for another hearing. Generally the JAC handles most cases involving Articles 1-39 as well.

Right on the money. Haven't seen back pay for a suspension for a long time in my conference.
We just got a guy 2028 miles (2 round trips from St. Louis to Oklahoma City) due to an unjust suspension.....and they settled it before it went to the table. Yellow knew they were wrong. But it doesn't happen as often as it should.

Toxic,
There are ties at 2 state hearings....they're called deadlocks. A deadlock is when all 3 Union men vote one way and all 3 Company men vote the other. In the event of a deadlock the case is referred up to a higher level known as the JAC (Joint Area Committee) for another hearing. Generally the JAC handles most cases involving Articles 1-39 as well.
I just plain forgot about that stldude44. :duh: :duh:

We just got a guy 2028 miles (2 round trips from St. Louis to Oklahoma City) due to an unjust suspension.....and they settled it before it went to the table. Yellow knew they were wrong. But it doesn't happen as often as it should.
Man I would like to think this is the start of a new era.:funky: :1036316054:

Hey guys! We had a local driver fired in 06 or 05 I forget the year. It went to the Bi-State and he got his job back with %100 back pay. Including H&W payments. He was out for 8 or 11 weeks. I forget that also because it has been a while. It was something in the $8000.00 area was his check.

Man I would like to think this is the start of a new era.
Wolf,
If you like things like this, here's some more from the Missouri-Kansas-Nebraska (Mo-Kan) hearings. In June Holland fired a guy from their terminal for allegedly threatening and intimidating a few of the other guys. I know the guy as he used to work at Yellow 18 or 19 years ago and I was pretty surprised to hear that he was being accused of this......he wasn't that way at Yellow years earlier. They purposely waited until right after the June hearings so that he'd be off at least a month before the next hearings.....anyway, he was put back on with full backpay and benefits and the entire incident removed from his record.......fast forward to November......Holland fired him again in early October for the same thing.....and this time 2 guys, one of them the Steward, came to the hearings to testify against him......One of these guys was just below him in seniority and stood to get a bid and not have to be gone all week if this guy was fired...all of this came out and lo and behold he was reinstated with full pay and benefits again. I told him after the decision not to even talk to these clowns again. The other Union guys at the hearing were not happy about these 2 guys coming to try to get a Brother fired....they waited outside in car before the hearing and left immediately after their testimony.
While stories like this are pretty much few and far between I thought you'd like to hear this one too.

Wolf,
If you like things like this, here's some more from the Missouri-Kansas-Nebraska (Mo-Kan) hearings. In June Holland fired a guy from their terminal for allegedly threatening and intimidating a few of the other guys. I know the guy as he used to work at Yellow 18 or 19 years ago and I was pretty surprised to hear that he was being accused of this......he wasn't that way at Yellow years earlier. They purposely waited until right after the June hearings so that he'd be off at least a month before the next hearings.....anyway, he was put back on with full backpay and benefits and the entire incident removed from his record.......fast forward to November......Holland fired him again in early October for the same thing.....and this time 2 guys, one of them the Steward, came to the hearings to testify against him......One of these guys was just below him in seniority and stood to get a bid and not have to be gone all week if this guy was fired...all of this came out and lo and behold he was reinstated with full pay and benefits again. I told him after the decision not to even talk to these clowns again. The other Union guys at the hearing were not happy about these 2 guys coming to try to get a Brother fired....they waited outside in car before the hearing and left immediately after their testimony.
While stories like this are pretty much few and far between I thought you'd like to hear this one too.

I was there what I thought was amazing was the labor man John Mc took these two rats to lunch and coached them for nearly an hour