Yellow | Union Brother gets our Road Steward Fired@241

I am genuinely confused about this. Really.

Whatever the steward said must have involved some threat of physical violence or property damage or the police wouldn't be interested. Why do some of you feel that this is OK under the union frameset? Should this guy have been brought up on union charges? Hell yes!! Thrown out of the union? Sounds good to me!! Maybe lost his job for breaking the contract? Why not. But what has me scratching my head is where some people think that threats are OK. If you really belive it all good, how would you feel if the involved worker (I won't call him a Teamster, he forefited that a while back) and a few "good union men" got together in the parking lot, and the **** beat the ever loving crap out of them? Would you then decide, under the new doctrine of "might makes right" that this loser coud do whatever he wanted? Or do we go back to the "good old days" and send Tony Soprano over to burn down his house and his family?

It's a new union. If the rules aren't workng, make new rules. But the time is way past, especially in the IBT, for the mob nonsense.
Test pilot you ain't bull sing about being confused. Back in post 20 you talk about killing the stewart then you berate the rest of us for thinking threats are ok. Just where are you coming from? Fed-Ex maybe? Lets be honest this union was strong because of the thugs in black cars and someday we just might wake up and remember that. That driver has no shame so painting a Scarlett S on his forehead won't change a thing so tell me your solution. I know let's all do the same thing cuz I want to get mine and I paid my dues. And I've been blaming Jr for all this crap. Hell look what he has to deal with!! No wonder he can't get nothing done:soapbox:

Test pilot you ain't bull sing about being confused. Back in post 20 you talk about killing the stewart then you berate the rest of us for thinking threats are ok. Just where are you coming from? Fed-Ex maybe? Lets be honest this union was strong because of the thugs in black cars and someday we just might wake up and remember that. That driver has no shame so painting a Scarlett S on his forehead won't change a thing so tell me your solution. I know let's all do the same thing cuz I want to get mine and I paid my dues. And I've been blaming Jr for all this crap. Hell look what he has to deal with!! No wonder he can't get nothing done:soapbox:

I aint confused about one thing.

You want to threaten me (like in post 20), there is 100% chance that one of us is going to emergency and another one of us is going to jail. That is called not standing for being threatened with violence.

You want to threaten me with violence for breaking the work rules, thats a pretty different deal there, isn't it.

And as far as lets all do the same thing, hell, thats pretty much all I've seen since I got here. Every man for himself and every local trying to screw the other locals.

Now tell me I'm wrong.

I aint confused about one thing.

You want to threaten me (like in post 20), there is 100% chance that one of us is going to emergency and another one of us is going to jail. That is called not standing for being threatened with violence.

You want to threaten me with violence for breaking the work rules, thats a pretty different deal there, isn't it.

And as far as lets all do the same thing, hell, thats pretty much all I've seen since I got here. Every man for himself and every local trying to screw the other locals.

Now tell me I'm wrong.
I can't tell your wrong cuz that is the way it is and it is cuz there's no "piper to be paid" I've read the whole thread over again and I don't know what your saying. If there was a threat made it WAS made for breaking the work rules. You say threats for that are ok I think. Dude honest I just don't understand where your coming from. I'll say it up front "You screw another brother chasing the American Dream the Piper's coming". Will I ever see it again?:biglaugh: Not before I retire just hope everone else wakes up or they won't get the same chance as I've had. And if I live long enough you can tell me in 20 years if I'm right or wrong.:Duel:

And as a side note for all the Anti Union guys out there I think this would work at any non union barn also. I don't believe this because of my union card! It is us against Mngt/Gov. period. Man what ever happened to all the Hippies I grew up with? If we don't all wise up the fence they're putting up to keep everone out will be used to keep us in. :rockon: Damn I didn't mean to get this wound up this early in the morning. UnEmployment sucks, to much time to think.:smilie_132:

Good info, KK!! In hindsight I'm sure the steward would have thought twice about leaving the message. What gets me is this guy is going around breaking the rules and bringing attention to himself, he gets called out and goes running to management?!? So we got a guy setting at home without pay that, all on his own, want's to help people and defend our contract. While the guy that went to management, scared about a phone message, is out running the roads wide open and out of hours, with your familys on the road. Like SL said, It may not happen today or next week, but what comes around, goes around. DS.
he does this stuff at your barn too, calls and makes deals with your dispatch staff, why do you think your bids get cancelled, when this kid calls ahead and asks to run on to the end of line terminal, example!!!! he was dispatched from cincinnati to winston with a pure set of charelston, sc loads...which is your run..he calls ahead to winston claiming he has time to run on. they say go for it!! mean while your bid driver is sitting at home gets cancelled and has no knowledge of what happened!!!!

Now that will get a grievance filed!!! If the Road Steward at R-69 knew the date and trailer numbers.
he does this stuff at your barn too, calls and makes deals with your dispatch staff, why do you think your bids get cancelled, when this kid calls ahead and asks to run on to the end of line terminal, example!!!! he was dispatched from cincinnati to winston with a pure set of charelston, sc loads...which is your run..he calls ahead to winston claiming he has time to run on. they say go for it!! mean while your bid driver is sitting at home gets cancelled and has no knowledge of what happened!!!!

I would like to make a.....

I'm disappointed that I caught the tail end of this , but this so called union brother who is a rat, a mole
is probably the type of guy who if he did attend a general membership meeting at the hall. That he would get on his cell phone in a NY second to call management to let them know what the issues at the hall were.

Knowing me and what I do.... for starters if he did show up at the hall during a general membership meeting I would call his azz out, yeah I said it....."CALL HIM OUT" to the membership to let them know what type of brother he is and what he did. Plus make a motion to expell him from the union and bring up charges. Do I get a second to the motion???:Banned: :Banned:

I'm disappointed that I caught the tail end of this , but this so called union brother who is a rat, a mole
is probably the type of guy who if he did attend a general membership meeting at the hall. That he would get on his cell phone in a NY second to call management to let them know what the issues at the hall were.

Knowing me and what I do.... for starters if he did show up at the hall during a general membership meeting I would call his azz out, yeah I said it....."CALL HIM OUT" to the membership to let them know what type of brother he is and what he did. Plus make a motion to expell him from the union and bring up charges. Do I get a second to the motion???:Banned: :Banned:

YOU GOT MY 2ND !!!! I WANT HIM OUT!!! BUT THE CHICKENS@$T WONT ATTEND A UNION MEETING!!!

somebody asked what the steward said, all he told this kid was " these things your doing are wrong!! and need to stop. Im recieving complaints from the other drivers and it needs to stop. and if you dont stop, your not gonna like what happens next." thats what was said to this kid. no threat of bodily injury, no harrassment, nothing! He went to the police with this, at roadways request! This kid needs to be watched for at any terminal that is serviced by 241 cincinnati. if he fails to sign in,or is seen behind the counter making deals to run off with your freight, or hooking his own equiptment. you need to run to your steward not walk!!! and file on this as**ole!! we cant stop him here in cincy hes now untouchable. anything we do or say is concidered workplace harrasment. any further info is available by private message!!

:ShakeHandsNah: sounds like a azz kisser seen em before.best to use the union against them or the d.o.t. if they violate.

Not only have I seen em before, but I am seeing more and more of them. Roadway calls these arse kissing, snitches, "team players".

As much as I hate Roadway, I have to admit, they sure know how to pick em. Just wondering how much longer before snitching will be a prerequsite for getting hired at REX?

This A-HOLE that is running over 14 hours should be brought up in front of the exexcutive board {fine him the cost of the trip} then the steward file a run around for the extra board. When the company has to keep paying run aroundas this BS WILL STOP
I have done this procedure many times and it works

The union needs to fine him.drop a dime on him to dot. and pull his union card for a month
so he cant work at a union shop

rocky & mechanic have great ideas but we cant get the people to whom he violates to file greivences. and the other guys cant catch him because he refuses to sign in or out at foreign terminals:chairshot:

He was recently in jacksonville florida terminal bragging that hes been with the company 12 yrs and that he pretty much goes where he wants to. much to his surprise we have a driver that transfered into jacksonville and busted him out for being a liar!!! booo-yahh. hes only been here 2yrs.

dock steward did you read post#45 ??
OK I got cha, boy this guy is a cut throat piece of work!! Another of what I call "Independent Operators". :chairshot: You would think with him running over drivers, they would know exactly where he's going and file greivances everytime he steps on anyone!! Good luck with this guy!! DS.

Not only have I seen em before, but I am seeing more and more of them. Roadway calls these arse kissing, snitches, "team players".

As much as I hate Roadway, I have to admit, they sure know how to pick em. Just wondering how much longer before snitching will be a prerequsite for getting hired at REX?

this is a good point. yes we have had these guys for a long time. how long has the company been in business????

this guy from fed ex seems like the norm today. the guys from 241 come through my terminal all the time asking to go on to get that extra mile. their excuse was that work was slow and they need the mileage. but you know what the extra board guys from my terminal do this too. excuse the same.
now the company wants us all to pack a three day bag.