Yellow | union dues not being taken out of pay check

shoes1961

TB Lurker
Credits
if you came back from leave of absense, look at your pay check to see if union dues are being taken out... i've been back for 6 months and no union dues are being taken out.

if you came back from leave of absense, look at your pay check to see if union dues are being taken out... i've been back for 6 months and no union dues are being taken out.

That is because you did not let the Local know you were back so the billing clerk can but you back in the system. You can get your Local to waive the back dues if you tell them now.....wait any longer and you will have to pay back dues.....let them know.....KK

Even if you let them know it usually takes them a couple months to start taking it out. Don't worry they will get there money. Why should they waive anything? If you work one day of a month they can charge for a month of dues.

The war on the workers

The union must be slipping most times they don't miss an opportunity to extort money from people, maybe they feel bad about the poor representation that has been giving to the members and won't take dues anymore.

Your responsibility

Know your obligations. Either Write a check or be prepared for double deductions till caught up. Don't put blame on anyone else.

Authorization form

This was a problem a couple years ago when hundreds of people were laid off, many for the first time. Like myself. You knew to get a withdrawal card but could not get a straight answer to if the dues were gonna be taken out automatically ?? With that many people laid off you would think the company or union would post something letting people know what's what, but that was not the case and most people I talked to paid 200$ a week for back dues. So now we know.

Waiving back dues should only apply when a worker goes off on LOA, Comp or some other reason. If you are working you are benefiting from union membership and should pay your dues. Waiting six months to take care of it is a little long. Doesn't the company notify the union of layoff recalls?

Waiving back dues should only apply when a worker goes off on LOA, Comp or some other reason. If you are working you are benefiting from union membership and should pay your dues. Waiting six months to take care of it is a little long. Doesn't the company notify the union of layoff recalls?

Benefiting from union membership. :LMAO: :fingure:

This was a problem a couple years ago when hundreds of people were laid off, many for the first time. Like myself. You knew to get a withdrawal card but could not get a straight answer to if the dues were gonna be taken out automatically ?? With that many people laid off you would think the company or union would post something letting people know what's what, but that was not the case and most people I talked to paid 200$ a week for back dues. So now we know.

Whomever you talked to was telling you a damned lie.
The TITAN system will not allow a Local to bill no more than 2 months at a time.
My Local waives the back dues and fees when a member is recalled from layoff if they forgot (?) to take a W/Card.....KK

The TITAN system will not allow a Local to bill no more than 2 months at a time.
My Local waives the back dues and fees when a member is recalled from layoff if they forgot (?) to take a W/Card.....KK
Forgetting to take a withdraw card is one thing, what about returning to work and not paying? Do you waive them then too? And does, or does not the company notify the locals of who is recalled?
Just curious, and Happy Holidays.

Local 710

Its not about the withdrawal card, Some people didn't know they had to full out a form to get dues taken out again once they came back from lay off. Local 710 did not wave jack sh#t in this case.

I don't know why anyone would want to be on check off and give someone unfettered access to your check.
Its not that hard to write a check quarterly.
The company will only takeout what the onion sends to them to takeout and it the ditzes in your office are anything like ours, you've got problems.
They once, out of the blue, took dues out of my check and the main office said they had me on checkoff per onion.
Needless to say when I called the hall(couldn't believe someone answered), she said she had my signature for it. Really, I'll get the Sheriff's Dept to send someone over to see who forged my name. Had a check in the mail 3 days later.
Yes, I was already current.
Trust no one to access your check!!!

Forgetting to take a withdraw card is one thing, what about returning to work and not paying? Do you waive them then too? And does, or does not the company notify the locals of who is recalled?
Just curious, and Happy Holidays.

We are notified and we add them back to the billing after they have worked for 2 weeks and we waive any back dues if they did not get a W/Card.....can't help what other Locals do....KK

jimmy g said:
I got laid off in 2008; withdrew- Local 135 said if I ever come back They Owe Me a Month's Dues! :LMAO:

When I have been laid off, called the hall, put on withdrawl. Called back, called hall, reinstated. EASY!

No matter how much money you spend on it, Windows will still crash !

once you notify union that dues are not being taken out of your pay check they will take max $200.00 out of check per month till you are caught up

When I was laid off and came back, it took 3 months before my reinstatement was processed. They took $150 a month until the 3 month gap was repaid. Trust me, this is the few parts of the contract our union enforces with the Company.

I know softies who get doubled and tripled up on dues, when they do not work the week dues are paid. I have seen pay stubs in past with $200 and $300 dues paid! 710 always gets their money!